Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

1.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interview process was easy for me. Normally, A&F will do group interviews, but I got lucky and had a one on one with one of the stores managers. Do not dress up. Literally just look at what Abercrombie sells and wear something like that. I had on slacks and a nice blouse. It was too much. But, I still got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for A&F?
      If I customer came in looking for a specific item how would you assist them? What if we didn't have it.   1 Answer

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA).

Interview

Group interview in a crowded mall area. Everyone got asked the same questions. In truth, I'm pretty sure the point of the interview was to make sure we weren't crazy, and to make sure we were up to the physical requirements of the job (ie relatively good-looking). They didn't ask very difficult questions at all, and we just went in a circle and had everyone answer the same questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the style of the brand?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

basic interview process, packet of questions they ask you which entail different scenarios you've been in and how you've solved them. basic interview process, packet of questions they ask you which entail different scenarios you've been in and how you've solved them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a deadline to complete a project, did you finish on time? what was the process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview with the District Manager, usually in a food court or coffee shop nearby. Interviews are standardized, so interviewer first asks you general questions about yourself (what you've been doing recently, where you graduated college and when) and then asks you a series of predetermined questions meant to give a fair run of things for each candidate. Questions generally have to do with tough situations you've been in and how you've dealt with them. There are a lot of questions and I made up or elaborated on a few of them just because I haven't been in that many situations where there was significant conflict.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a group where one of the members either didn't get along with you or didn't get along with the whole group? How did you deal with that situation?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a manager or employer and if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your leadership style? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview with district manager to see what background the applicant has and trying to see if they would be a good fit.
    Looks goes a long way in this company and they will target you for a role based off of appearance, literally.
    in person interview with same manager.
    District manager is typically friendly and genuinely shows an interest in what you have accomplished. The interview is mostly figuring out your commitment to a job rather than trying to decipher your core competencies. I suggest showing that you have a strong work ethic and interest to get other people excited about shopping with Abercrombie. You must come across as outgoing, confident, and strong attention to detail.
    Aslong as you are not a moron and show competency in not burning things, you should be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when a customer was upset and what did you do to remedy this?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was recruited so I just went for my interview time. Wore the newest style and met the District Manager. Essentially they just want a brief synopsis of your hobbies, life, college days, job experience and how you became interested in their company. It was really casual and laid back, it did not even seem like an interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to diffuse a situation and give an example   1 Answer

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA).

Interview

Group interview, only a few questions. Very easy, I get the feeling they wanted a lot of workers and they seemed to hire all the people in the group. I came dressed slightly "preppy," as advised by the internet, but honestly the interviewer did not seem at all to care what I was wearing under my coat (it was very cold out).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Store Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple and straight forward - it was a group interview with other potential impacts and models for a position at a flagship. They asked me an interesting fact about myself, what I knew about AF, what my friends would describe me as, what diversity was, what would make me successful at Abercrombie and etc.

Interview Questions

• What would make you successful at Abercrombie?   1 Answer

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied in store on their computer and scheduled my own interview time. I interviewed with a large group of 13 other people. The interview was really simple and it got awkward as you could tell people were not trying to give the same answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe Abercrombie's style of clothing.   1 Answer

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Burlington, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Went into a HCO store to return some jeans and was asked whether a) had a four year degree and b) interested in becoming a MIT. I figured I had nothing to lose so the Assistant Manager set up an interview with me and and district manager (DM) the following day. Since the store is fairly loud (blaring music, overly perfumed and generally dark) the DM took me to the Nordstrom Cafe area for the interview. The interview itself was fairly basic. She explained to me the agenda of the interview and then told me I could ask whatever questions I liked at the very end. She first explained to me her own career path to the present, then read the pamphlet of what is expected in the MIT program and a AF Brand employee. After giving me the overview of the company she began a series of behavioral questions that asked me to use examples from my previous work, school, background - All my answers were scribbled into her pamphlet for recording purposes. The whole process took 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with people of different cultural background?   Answer Question
    • Share an experience where you had to meet a deadline.   1 Answer