Abercrombie & Fitch Brand Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

1.8

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I was scouted on my college campus, and we set up an interview date and time right on the spot. Once I showed up for the interview, the hiring manager was ready to go and we sat in a seating area in the mall just outside the store. The interview felt casual at first, as she asked about what my interests were and a little about myself. Then it transitioned into questions about my experience in retail.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is unhappy with a situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boise, ID).

Interview

I met one of the managers at the store, she sat me down on one of the couches there and she just started talking; asking how I was doing and what I was interested in. It was very relaxed and I felt comfortable. I knew that it was going to be a good opportunity as far as the management went. After she asked me questions, she said "let me get the GM to come talk to you, I liked how this interview went." And I felt the same way talking to this GM as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you see this company as a gateway to reach your overall career goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online then got a call to come in and do an interview. I got there at 4pm and checked in. Then waited 20min to start the interview. Everyone was really nice and the group interview only had 2 other people in it. I got the job for a stock associate instead since they needed more of those.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process follows a group interview format.
    You can be in a group of 3+ people. The interviewer will take turns asking you questions MAINLY about diversity and inclusion, being a team player, etc.

Interview Questions

• When did you promote inclusion at your school/work and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

One of the managers sat with me in the food court for about ten minutes and asked me several situational questions to see how I would respond in each given situation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick the outfit that you are wearing today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (El Cajon, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and chose a date to go for an interview(so I went the next day on a Friday) I was hoping to be the only one there but 3 other girls showed up. The manger was super nice and fun, made the interview really relaxed, she asked questions and anyone could answer first. Everyone got along(: In many other interviews they ask about diversity, but she didn't ask, but i added the word into one of my answers! She said she would call in about week, so i haven't heard back(Today is Monday).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was called in for a interview a few days after my application was sent. The interview was a group interview and was very casual a simple. Basic questions were asked about fit and experience in retail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Northridge, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to pick an interview date and time that suited me. I went on a Friday afternoon. It was a group interview, with three of us total (there were supposed to be six of us). The manager met us inside, asked us to sign in and provide our availability, and then brought us outside of the store where she interviewed us. She asked about six to eight questions and took turn in order so we got different times to answer. On Tuesday after the interview, I called and asked for an update on my job application and was told that they wanted me to join their team and that I needed to wait approximately three days for my background check to clear and then they would give me a call so I could come to orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you wear the outfit you chose today?   1 Answer
    • Sell me your outfit.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about any work experience you have in customer service.   1 Answer
    • A time that a customer or someone gave you a hard time when working and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe Abercrombie's style and your personal experience with the store.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a group recently.   Answer Question
    • If a customer came in clueless, not knowing what to buy, how would you help them find something?   1 Answer

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

It was a group interview and we went around in a circle answering questions. It didn't take very long but people repeated answers and it seemed like the questions were very similar. They asked 3.

Interview Questions

• Diversity Questions- give me a time you encountered diversity?   Answer Question

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and when I went to the interview I was asked to sign in on an iPad. Then I went in a room with about 6 other people. The person interviewing us chose people in random order for each question.