Abercrombie & Fitch Brand Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.7

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was called in for a interview a few days after my application was sent. The interview was a group interview and was very casual a simple. Basic questions were asked about fit and experience in retail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Northridge, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to pick an interview date and time that suited me. I went on a Friday afternoon. It was a group interview, with three of us total (there were supposed to be six of us). The manager met us inside, asked us to sign in and provide our availability, and then brought us outside of the store where she interviewed us. She asked about six to eight questions and took turn in order so we got different times to answer. On Tuesday after the interview, I called and asked for an update on my job application and was told that they wanted me to join their team and that I needed to wait approximately three days for my background check to clear and then they would give me a call so I could come to orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you wear the outfit you chose today?   1 Answer
    • Sell me your outfit.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about any work experience you have in customer service.   1 Answer
    • A time that a customer or someone gave you a hard time when working and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe Abercrombie's style and your personal experience with the store.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a group recently.   Answer Question
    • If a customer came in clueless, not knowing what to buy, how would you help them find something?   1 Answer

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

It was a group interview and we went around in a circle answering questions. It didn't take very long but people repeated answers and it seemed like the questions were very similar. They asked 3.

Interview Questions

• Diversity Questions- give me a time you encountered diversity?   Answer Question

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and when I went to the interview I was asked to sign in on an iPad. Then I went in a room with about 6 other people. The person interviewing us chose people in random order for each question.

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and went to the interview 2 days later. It was supposed to be a group interview, but I was the only person who showed up so I had an individual interview. Lasted about 15 minutes and I was offered a position on the spot.

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and was given an iPad to check in, and then the manager took me to a location outside the store to have the interview. The interview took a total of abut 30-40 minutes. Overall, it was a good interview but the questions are more thought provoking than you would expect from a store like this.

Interview Questions

• Sell me the outfit you are wearing.   Answer Question
    • How would you help a customer who had no idea what they were looking for?   Answer Question
    • How did you affect change and be a leader in the workplace or your personal life, and how did that make you feel?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your last interaction with a stranger, and how the stranger felt when they left that conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and selected a time and date for my interview, and then ended up missing it. I wasn't going to try again, but the store manager actually shot me a text a few days later asking if I wanted to come in for an interview the next day (interviews are held Tuesdays and Fridays). So I said yes and went in on Friday.

I wore a pair of Abercrombie jeans, a thin, dark grey velvet high neck tank from J Crew (I think), and some black braided leather Abercrombie sandals. The day I went in for my interview, there were three other girls in my group. They were all bleach blonde, about 5'5" and were CAKE-faced. And of course, they all knew each other from high school, lolllllll.

The actual interview took place at a table in the mall food court. The four of us sat next to each other across the table from the manager. We went in rotation with the questions, that way each of us had the opportunity to speak first. Depending on your level of confidence, this could be scary or exciting. The way we sat down, I made sure to be the first one to be asked questions. I didn't want to look like I copied any of the other girls' answers because I knew from experience that most interviews (at any place really) ask the same generic questions, with a few exceptions. Since we rotated, the second question was asked to the girl to my right first, then the third one to the next girl, etc.

One of the biggest things they look for during the interview is your ability to easily get along with everyone, including the people you're competing against for the position. They want to see you engaging with the other applicants and being extremely outgoing. I guess the other girls in my group didn't figure that one out, because they were, like, stone faced the whole time. I don't even remember if they smiled, much less cracked a joke. The best way to get hired at Abercrombie is to read the hiring manager's personality and play off of them. It sounds really difficult, but if I personally think that working retail takes a certain type of person, and if you can't at act like you're best friends with the people you met 10 minutes before, retail probably isn't the job for you.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working in customer service?   Answer Question
    • What is one time you assumed a role of leadership at your current/previous job?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to motivate others to do the right thing   1 Answer
    • What made you want to work for Abercrombie? What do you like about the brand now vs. about five years ago?*   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite trend at the moment, and how would you help a customer style it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. It was a one on one with the store manager. She didn't ask many questions and she got to know me before asking me certain questions. She was nice and encouraging after every answer to each question

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I applied through an online application. The online application gave me an interview time. The interview was a group one and lasted about 15 minutes. They split the interview into those applying for Brand Representative and Stock.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think diversity is important in the work place?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an easy and quick going interview, it was straightforward and no beating around the bush, the easiest part were the questions and there was no group training, but the easy going staff is appreciative of the efforts you put

Interview Questions

• How would you view your skills in the job description?
      Teamwork/Team Management questions based on description of scenario   Answer Question