Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Brand Senses Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long, but gave you great insight into what the culture of the company is like and what your position will be like. You will meet with recruiters, as well as current employees. You will also give a visual presentation of a floor set.

Unclear Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for several positions at A n F on line. Within 2weeks I received an e-mail that requested I complete a pre-recorded video interview. The e-mail provided a link that I followed and once the interview began you are unable to pause it. The process was not difficult -just awkward.

Interview Questions

• After setting up the camera, and sound on my laptop you are given two practice questions. They are not the same as the three interview questions. The three questions were; 1.Your name, University attended, and Major? 2. What is the biggest challenge you've been able to overcome within your personal or professional career ? 3. Where do you see yourself within the next 3-5 years? I found the questions to be fair and simple.   Answer Question

Apparel Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks. I had a Skype interview. Overall interview was very relaxed and chill. The interviewer introduced herself first and made me feel comfortable. Questions were very expected questions. Last question, she asked me to ask questions about the company, I just didn't know what to ask lol

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is your GPA?
      What is your biggest accomplishment in whole your life?
      What other companies are you looking for?
      How did you handle if you have any problems when you achieve the goal?
      Tell me about your design was criticized.
      Do you have any questions for 15 min?
      Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I loved interviewing at A&F. I met the recruiters on campus, scheduled a Skype interview and then was invited to the home office in Columbus, OH to meet other members of the finance team, see Columbus and do final round interviews. The process was super relaxed and fun and I loved everyone that I met and the work environment at A&F. Final round of interviews at the home office consisted of three behavioral interviews and one case study.

Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long and drawn out. I had several interviews with tons of time between them, and I was often waiting to hear back with no update on what the timeline would be. I felt like they asked very similar questions in every interview, which was fairly annoying because it seemed redundant. For the final interview we were flown to columbus, which was a lot of fun (their headquarters are amazing)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Interview set by recruiter (had a few days notice) based on A&F request. A&F is very laid back but I was there on a Fri so maybe that was extra casual. They were a little unprepared (no room on their meeting notice so people came late, no one had resume, one guys brushed off the resume and spent more time on his phone).

Interview Questions

• I asked the people interviewing me why they came to work everyday, one said "flip flops and shorts" and another said it's really relaxed. I was hoping for a better answer, something more substantial but that's not the environment.   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview with a recruiter
    Skype Interview with mini presentation
    Final Round at Home Office -- 2 day process with tour of Columbus, meet other employees, group case project, individual interview

Interview Questions

• Current trends?
      Why you chose your college?
      A time when you disagreed with a group and how did you address it?
      Answer Question

Photographer/Retoucher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Phone screening. 2. Skype interview. 3. Four hour "meet everyone" interview." It was an extremely competitive position and each interview lasted hours. They wanted to know everything about you. Eventually I was invited to come to the campus. I was surprised how casual it was. Jeans, tshirts, etc. I wasn't super dressed up (jeans and a tucked in button down), but the first thing the HR guy said to me was, "You dressing up will hurt your chances at getting this job." Nice to meet you too. They gave me a tour. 5 different people rigorously interviewed me. They even made me take an IQ test. Overall it was intimidating and a bit over the top for a photo position. But everyone was cool and nice. Since its so competitive there I felt like cattle. I'm just yet another interviewee.

Interview Questions

• What environment do you like to work in?   1 Answer
    • What was a time at a previous job when you had to solve a problem?   1 Answer
    • What did you like least about your last job?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths?   1 Answer

Didn't feel right. The whole process was sketchy and I felt undervalued. The competitive, cut throat biz of the fashion industry isn't for me. Recent management changes at A&F has put a permanent cloud over this place and I realized I would be miserable there. (Their salary offer was just average.)

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

challenging but good interview, she asked a lot of probing questions that challenged my prior experiences but also helped me to improve my interviewing questions, the interviewer was nicer than I had expected. I was worried because I had interacted before with other employees and they were not as easy to talk to. It was a longer interview than normal so be prepared for that aspect. Be prepared to stay engaged and have multiple experiences prepared to talk about.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask your recruitment counselors and committee members what they thought of you as a leader what would they say?   Answer Question

Merchandising Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online through the A&F website. It's very simple - just asks for your SAT score, your resume, unofficial transcripts, university, etc. It takes less than five minutes to fill out. I was then contacted by HR and asked to complete a virtual interview. I was asked automated questions and then recorded myself answering them. It took less than 15 minutes. I then participated in two Skype interviews - one with HR and one with a Merchandiser for A&F. Between the first and second interview, I was asked to complete a short project and presented it to the Merchandiser. The questions are very straightforward, and the interviews are conversational and relaxed. Wear A&F! Shortly after, I was asked to fly out to Columbus, OH for a 2-day "super day" of interviews. Day 1 was mostly tours of the facility, the city, and learning about the company as well as what our roles would be. They make sure you're very well fed throughout the whole experience (which is such a plus!) We all spent the night at the Hilton downtown, and then participated in an Interview Day the second day. It consisted of an observed group project, a case study, and 4 interviews: one virtual, and three with current A&F associates. Everything is very relaxed and the environment is so fun! Everyone who works there is extremely welcoming, and wants you to have a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? What trend could A&F take advantage of that we are not currently? What is your proudest accomplishment? Talk about a time when you were in a leadership position. Talk about a time you made a decision that affected others, and they didn't like it. What is your favorite current trends? What trends do you notice at your University?   Answer Question