Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

2.8

128 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sourcing Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

I relied on reviews from Glassdoor when I was going through this process so I thought I would pay it forward. A college recruiter came into one of my classes to announce that they were hiring so I applied online that day. I received an email at 8pm on a Friday night asking if I could interview on the following Monday. The first round was on campus, one on one with a general recruiter. She was very nice and asked fairly easy questions about my background/experience and why I chose my school, major, part time jobs etc. You then have to take a Wonderlic test (50 questions in 12 min, not expected to finish) which is stressful at the time but I don't think is that big of a deal. Very ACT-like math and comprehension questions. I received an email the next week saying they would like to move me forward to the 2nd round and asking when I was available for a skype interview. Second interview was very similar kind of questions, a lot of behavioral stuff, except this time with an associate in the sourcing department. A few days later I got a phone call from another recruiter saying they wanted to move me to the 3rd round, a 2 day process of yours and interviews at the home office. I had a weeks notice to completely clear 2 whole days of school and work which was a pain but ultimately not that big of a deal. There were a lot more people there than I thought but only 3 others applying for my position, the rest were merchandising or design candidates. On the first day they took us to lunch at Harvest Pizza and did a tour of Columbus (I'm from Cbus so a little boring for me but still fun to see it through students from NYC for example). Then we went to the home office and got to meet a lot of associates and take a tour of the entire campus, really interesting and informative, their campus is awesome. Then we were taken to dinner at Lindey's with an open bar, appetizers, filet mignon and creme brulee. I really felt schmoozed and had a ton of fun. I was put up in the Hilton downtown overnight even though I lived 10 min away which I thought was really nice. You are also met at the hotel with a gift bag. I got a winter hat, scarf and small crossbody bag so that's a nice perk. The next day you have to be ready to go at 7:30 am to go to the home office. After breakfast we did a "case study" type thing where myself and the other 3 sourcing candidates had to work together to solve a couple job-relevant problems. For example, we were given 8 different fabrics and 5 different styles with cost target we had to meet. We had to all come to an agreement on what fabrics to use with each style within 10 min. There is a bit of math involved but you are provided with a calculator. The final part of the process is a 3 hr block where you have 4 separate one-on-one interviews with different associates from your department and HR. All pretty easy behavioral questions again, it felt like were trying more to get to know you as a person and how you would fit in/adapt with their culture than drilling you about your experience. Everyone I dealt with was so nice and I never felt intimidated. Overall, I had a great experience. As far as tips I would say they like when you wear their brands and can really explain why you want to work for A&F, they are all very loyal to the brand and care a lot about it. Don't be afraid to talk to people or ask a lot of questions, they like to see how you interact with others. At the end they said they would be sending out offers over the next 3 weeks, I heard back about 3 business days later from a recruiter telling me they would like to extend an offer and received the official contract via email later that day.

Interview Questions

• Why A&F? Why your you major/school? Tell me about a time you felt you really succeeded/failed.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process lasted almost three weeks. First, I was asked for making a technical assessment which I did absolutely well, with great detail and very nice structured, using all the possible modern libraries required, architectures and so on.

One week later, they invited me for a day in the campus, where they showed me all that cool place and then, we went into a room where I was interviewed by 5 different persons in 6 different rounds of 30 minutes each. All the interviews went great and they also felt good with me and my skills.

Honestly, I was flawless in terms of the interview. I prepared myself a lot previously and at the end of the day, I felt very confident. I just knew that my skills fit great for the job and I was able to demonstrate my 12 years of professional experience very nicely to them.

After one more week, the recruiter came back to me with an email to tell me that they decided to take another direction with the role and not follow with me. I got this email informally late, after the date previously stablished. There was no more words, no feedback or anything which could give me a hint of why I was not selected for the position. No more contact.

Actually, there was not an apparent reason to not get the job. The only thing I can think is that I only have a TN visa permission to work in this country, I'm Mexican, and they decided not to support me with a status change to work for them.

They really broke my heart.

Interview Questions

• As I see, same type of questions you can find in other interview reviews.   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

First round was answering questions from a prerecorded video and having 15 seconds to prepare to answer. Second round was a skype interview, the first one was with a member of HR and the second was a member of the finance department. Final round is a two day A&F campus experience featuring a case competition and two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Abercrombie?
      What class did you do the worst in so far through college?   Answer Question

HRIS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone screening. It was a basic one. Then, I was invited to go to their home office for a half day interview. I met with four different people that seemed disinterested in me and rushed the whole time. There also was an ACT/SAT type test that has nothing to do with the job. The corporate culture comes across too much like a petty high school.

Interview Questions

• How do strangers view you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here? I think they really care about this one.   Answer Question
    • If you had multiple job offers what are three things you would consider before you accept one?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I got in contact with a recruiter via LinkedIn/email and set up a 30 min phone interview. After I passed that stage of the process I visited headquarters where I took a Wonderlic Personnel Test (50 questions in 12 minutes, ACT/SAT style) followed by five back-to-back interviews with different employees and recruiters. They gave me a tour of the campus and bought me coffee- the whole process took about 4 hours. Also, dress casually- I wore jeans and fit right in.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite/least favorite college class?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose your school/major?   Answer Question
    • What is the most challenging job you've had and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you held a leadership position.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when miscommunication or misinformation caused you to struggle?   Answer Question

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Easy online app, video interview - your major and university, something you are proud of, what do you see yourself in 5 years. pretty chill. The online app asks some basic information and your resume. The interview has group projects. Dress code is informal.

Interview Questions

• your major and university, something you are proud of, what do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process follows a group interview format.
    You can be in a group of 3+ people. The interviewer will take turns asking you questions MAINLY about diversity and inclusion, being a team player, etc.

Interview Questions

• When did you promote inclusion at your school/work and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

WEAR ABERCROMBIE CLOTHES TO YOUR INTERVIEW!!!

Applied online and through the university job postings board in late August. Received a request for an interview in Mid-September. Heard back 3 weeks later.
    I had on business casual, which was super overdressed for Abercrombie.
    A group of the interviewees were ushered in a room, where we did the Wonderlich test.
    The interview itself was pretty easy. 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. One with the Recruiter and the other with someone who actually works internally in the company. The HR interviewer was unfriendly and cold; it seemed liked she had already made up her mind and was just going through the motions. Everybody else that I met was pretty friendly.

The company really values its image; if you don't fit the good looking and laid back vibe, then they don't want you no matter how qualified you are.

Graphic Designer – Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview talking about relevant work and career goals. The interview we originally scheduled was missed or forgotten by the HR rep – she emailed me afterward to reschedule which I found incredibly unprofessional. When I did talk to her a week later, she informed me the marketing team wasn't actually looking for anyone but the digital team was and believed I'd be a good fit. I was told she'd sent me more details regarding the other position but never did, nor did she reply to my follow-up email. Very poor experience and I was shocked by the lack of organization in the process.

Interview Questions

• I'd like to talk about a different position in another department, would you be okay with that.   1 Answer

Brand Senses Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long, but gave you great insight into what the culture of the company is like and what your position will be like. You will meet with recruiters, as well as current employees. You will also give a visual presentation of a floor set.