Abercrombie & Fitch Floor Model Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

1.6

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2014.

Interview

The store manager recruited me in the mall and asked if I'd be interested in working and applying for being a floor model. Super easy interview. It was a group interview and laid back. It took about 30 minutes or less. I interviewed with one other person and we took turns answering the questions. I got a call a couple days later asking me when I could start training.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Stanford, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview process. Did the interview on the sales floor while the hiring manager folded clothes and helped other customers. She only asked me a few basic questions because it was a very entry level position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the Abercrombie brand?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Cleveland, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

applied online on the abercrombie and fitch website, specified the store that i was applying to. Got a call in about a week. someone at the store called to set up interview. Went to the store and talked to the manager. asked pretty easy, superficial questions. skills and prior work experience don't matter.

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2013.

Interview

Filled in an application at a computer and someone talked to me while I did it. I was called to schedule a group interview the next day, and then had a group interview where they asked us all questions. They'd ask someone a question, then ask another person to answer the same question, and then move on to a different question. Make sure to talk to other people in the group before your interview, they want to see that you're sociable and able to make conversation. Also wear Abercrombie clothes if you can.

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

There were three ridiculous questions, it was hardly interview because they only hire on looks (I'm so flattered...) and they only emphasize diversity in the interview because of past law suits. After describing my personality, the store brand, and having to say the tag line the interview had come to a close. I received a call about a week later saying I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Answering about diversity because I think it is unfair that people of color and/or other races feel they can just be hired because he or she is black or Spanish. Plus, I don't give a crap about diversity, it has nothing to do with me.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2013.

Interview

Got recruited and they gave me a password to log in to their application page online, or you can fill out an application on the computer in the store. During the application process you choose with interview date you would like to attend.
    The day before my interview they called me to confirm that I'm coming in.

The day of the interview: I dressed up in an outfit that resembles Abercrombie & Fitch style because I didn't own any of their clothing. I wore dark blue skinny jeans, flats, a cream colored ruffled top, and a gray cardigan. I wore very minimal makeup, and fixed my hair is natural waves. I waited at the chairs/couches near the cashwrap with the other people.

The interview is a group interview. It was split up in two groups, models and impact. Everyone had a turn to answer a total of 4 questions while the interviewer wrote down notes of our answers. We were also told of the summary of the positions, dress code, and when to expect a call from them if we are hired. The interview went for about 30 minutes with my group of 6 people (including me). Some people handed in resumes, I didn't.

I got the call back saying I was hired the next day.
    Some important tips: Stand out from the rest of the group, show that you're friendly and outgoing, smile, and be prepared.

Interview Questions

• (The questions are difficult, but I will list some for you) What is diversity and why is it important in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a good candidate to work at Abercrombie?   1 Answer
    • Describe Abercrombie's style   1 Answer
    • How would your friends describe you and give an example   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Group interviews. They ask you the same question around the group. All they really do is look at your style and see if you're a good fit to represent Abercrombie & Fitch. You have to be willing to wear their standard dress code which consists of: Their clothes, chuck taylors (white,navy blue, gray, and black only)

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Waterford, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

I was just asked some pretty simple questions. For instance, how i was with customers, how did i feel about handling clothes. he really just wanted to see how i was as a person. It was very laid back and not to formal and boring, i think mostly because he was around my age.

Interview Questions

• How are you about standing on your feet for hours at a time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Approached by store manager on applying, submitted application, had interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Fort Towson, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Fort Towson, OK) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview was made by two 19 years old or younger kids, who had such faces like hate everybody, boy was ok but girl was so unprofessional and answered on questions very unfriendly .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None