Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,936 Interview Reviews

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Estero, FL).

Interview

It was a simple interview. I was not asked very much. They were mostly looking for someone who was friendly and willing to get the job done. They had me walk around the store and put clothing sets together, as well.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH).

Interview

very casual, asked how i would respond to situations with customer, even though there werent any, asked me about situations where i had faced adversity, probably because the company has faced a lot of backlash with racism and cultural awareness

SummerProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It was a online interview with few behavioral questions and it went very soomthly. Recommed to practice to self record the video before the interview. The interview is not too hard but be prepared to answer questions about yourself and company culture.

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Nashville, TN) in May 2018.

Interview

The entire interview process took two weeks. The first interview was one on one in person with the store manager. The second interview was over skype with the district manager. A week after the skype interview I was asked to come to the store to do a meet and greet with the district manager. The dress code is very casual, on my first interview I wore a button down and jeans and the manager had on leggings and a cute top. On my final meet and greet I wore jeans and a cute tank top. I was offered a job during the final meet and greet.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Roseville, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

You apply online and takes less than 45 minutes to complete. They interview on Tuesdays at 4PM so you choose which Tuesday works best for you. You sign in at the store and wait for the Manager to start the group interview. It was me and another lady applying. We had an Assistant Manager from HCo interview us and it was rather quick than expected. About 5-10 minutes in front of the store. For the Stock Associate position, they asked a lot of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me who you are and why you want to work at A&F.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you worked under pressure.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you worked collaboratively in a group and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal or overcome with trouble?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (McAllen, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a group interview so it was just me and another guy. The interviewer took us to the food court to ask us questions. Since the both of us interviewees applied in different departments, I went first.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Submitted and online video interview, via an online portal. Was then asked to interview in person at my college. Interviewed for 30 minutes each with a recruiter and a senior merchandiser. Had to complete a Wonderlic test and a sample merchandising project that was given to me before the interview. Interview felt very casual.

Interview Questions

• Are you more creative or analytical?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Group interview with other potential coworkers. Apply online. Finding an application online is somewhat difficult I would recommend calling and asking a local store if they are hiring and how to apply online. They say they aren't looking for attractive people but a lot of the managers do look for attractive people to hire which is extremely outdated.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

They call about a week after you submit your application. I showed up fifteen minutes early but it was a busy time so I had to wait. It was awkward standing in any part of the busy store. The first interview is a nonformal group interview by a staff member. The second is done by a manager. I wasn’t a big fan of the group interview because it made me feel like I had to verbally fight the other interviewer. In all honesty, the other candidate was already a shoe-in for the position but it was bizarre that the other candidate talked to another employee about the “gaps” in my resume before the interview process: I found it strange that a non manager would have had access to my resume and would bring it up to the other candidate. It also did not seem like a very financially diverse employee environment. The interviewer was very polite and amazing.

Interview Questions

• Sell me your outfit.   1 Answer
    • Will you require assistance with your wardrobe? (I think they offer help if an employee needs wardrobe help).   1 Answer
    • Explain a time in your life where you showed leadership skills.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the latest trends?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time when you had to approach to a stranger. How did you address them and how does that apply to customers?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Two Skype Interviews, a On Campus visit that consisted of a group case study, individual case study and 4 interviews. 2 assessments prior to the on campus interview. Very friendly staff and a very accommodating company with travel and food.