Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,967 Interview Reviews

2.0

Corporate Training Program - Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

I was invited to the final round interview at the Home Office in Columbus in January 2011. The Home Office visit was absolutely incredible and I truly had an amazing experience.

The first day is mainly them selling you on working for Abercrombie. There is a quick IQ test, then a tour of columbus, a tour of the home office, a panel discussion, a tour of all the stores on campus, and a dinner. There were tons of opportunities to ask questions, learn more about the position, and the corporate culture at A&F. It was a very welcoming culture and relaxed.

The second day you have a group exercise and some more tours. Then the afternoon is an extremely packed in interview process which entails 3 one on one interviews, a case study, and another type of interview.

While there, everyone was extremely relaxed, professional, and everything was impeccably planned. They told us to give them 2 weeks to make a decision and we would either be contacted by phone or email. After not hearing after a while, I emailed, then called. After two weeks I finally got an email saying that I wasn't chosen. I was disappointed but a little taken aback at how unprofessionally it was handled.

Basically, I would still say that it was a great experience and seems like a fun place to work but unless you are hardcore into the Abercrombie culture it may not be for you.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a 30 min phone interview. Then a skype interview with the department VP and finally a personal interview with all the team. After that they took a while to decide, but I heard that's not common.

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied on Craigslist and got a call from Abercrombie and fitch recruiting office. The interview was at 9pm. I came in a little earlier to fill out the application. They had us wait. Then we was interview as a group and she asked us to tell a little bit about ourselves & asks 4 questions. Very relax and calming . She either called on us or we raised our hands. Then we asked any questions we had and was told that they were conducting background checks and told us within 10 business days they will or wouldn't hear from them .

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

You have to fill out the instore application. I waited about 2 weeks before I got a call back. It was for a group interview. They ask about 5 questions and everyone gets to respond. You must shine at the interview. I got the Job

Interview Questions

• do you go above and beyond your job description   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The interview was a group interview, there were four people in my interview including me. The manager took us to a stockroom. She asked four questions; one at a time and went around and wrote down each of our responses. Most questions were about diversity, describe a time when... type of questions. It was an easy interview, all I can say is be honest and just be yourself. Four days later I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond your expectations?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

It may have changed in the few years I've been there, but, it's normally a group interview for those who want to be overnight, brand rep, impact, etc (nothing management). Two managers ask basic questions about why you want to work there or what attributes you can bring to the company. Sometimes they ask you what you consider "A&F style".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online and picked my interview date and time. I went 15 minutes early and was told they weren't interviewing for overnight positions that day. (I was pissed). But whatever, she took my name and number and told me to come back 2 weeks later at 7PM (I was confused as to why the interview was so late). Any way I went back that evening 15 minutes early... The interview started 10 minutes later than it was supposed to, and about 11 people including myself were asked 3 questions. 1) Can you describe a time when you found it difficult to work with or stay positive with a classmate or co-worker? 2) What does diversity mean to you? 3) Can you describe a time when you want above and beyond what was expected of you in school or the work place? That's about it in addition to introducing yourself. I thought I did well, but was NEVER called back. Keep in mind that when you pick your date online, they'll tell you to come back, I don't know what's up with that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond what was expected of you in school or in the work place.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

There is only one interview process and that is the group interview. You, along with others applying for different positions, are interviewed in an open space setting. They ask you each a question (going from left to right or by positions). In total, about 4 or 5 questions are asked. It's pretty easy if you know what the company stands and what they're looking for. Some people don't like group interviews because it seems unprofessional but that's what working for the company will be like. Remember, most of them are 17 to 22 with a goal of just earning money. Don't expect suit and tie professional work setting.

Interview Questions

• - Define diversity.
      - How would you manage to work without supervision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy and didn't take too long.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

Interview

After waiting what seemed like 20 minutes in the actual abercrombie store (with all the customers shopping), all of the interviewees were split up into groups of 6-8 and we were taken to the food court to have a group interview. It was a relaxed interview mixing people who wanted to be floor models, impactors and overnighters. Once the manager conducting the interview had us introduce ourselves and what position we were applying for she went around in a circle and asked us a series of questions coordinating to our job. After the interview was finished we were told to wait about a week to a week and a half and they would call us if we got the job. Personally I got my call at the latter end of the time frame.

Negotiation

no negotiating went on it was more like we can offer you $9.70 if you would like to start let us know when.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Group interview then takes the background check 2 weeks to clear

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you and is it important to the workplace?   1 Answer