Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,716 Interview Reviews

2.0

1,716 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The interview was mostly questions about fashion trends and customer service experience. What do you look for in five years, they're really looking for someone to stay with the company long term and move up in the company.

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

Takes about a week. In person interview then you turn in the application and the process can take anywhere between 1 week to 2 weeks. The manager or assistant manager can interview you.

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and was given an iPad to check in, and then the manager took me to a location outside the store to have the interview. The interview took a total of abut 30-40 minutes. Overall, it was a good interview but the questions are more thought provoking than you would expect from a store like this.

Interview Questions

• Sell me the outfit you are wearing.   Answer Question
    • How would you help a customer who had no idea what they were looking for?   Answer Question
    • How did you affect change and be a leader in the workplace or your personal life, and how did that make you feel?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your last interaction with a stranger, and how the stranger felt when they left that conversation.   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Aurora, IL).

Interview

Very fast and easy interview but my overall experience working at the store was horrible. Too many call-in shifts and the managers are very bossy and rude to the employees. The managers at my store in particular liked to talk about employees behind their backs as well as the other managers.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and selected a time and date for my interview, and then ended up missing it. I wasn't going to try again, but the store manager actually shot me a text a few days later asking if I wanted to come in for an interview the next day (interviews are held Tuesdays and Fridays). So I said yes and went in on Friday.

I wore a pair of Abercrombie jeans, a thin, dark grey velvet high neck tank from J Crew (I think), and some black braided leather Abercrombie sandals. The day I went in for my interview, there were three other girls in my group. They were all bleach blonde, about 5'5" and were CAKE-faced. And of course, they all knew each other from high school, lolllllll.

The actual interview took place at a table in the mall food court. The four of us sat next to each other across the table from the manager. We went in rotation with the questions, that way each of us had the opportunity to speak first. Depending on your level of confidence, this could be scary or exciting. The way we sat down, I made sure to be the first one to be asked questions. I didn't want to look like I copied any of the other girls' answers because I knew from experience that most interviews (at any place really) ask the same generic questions, with a few exceptions. Since we rotated, the second question was asked to the girl to my right first, then the third one to the next girl, etc.

One of the biggest things they look for during the interview is your ability to easily get along with everyone, including the people you're competing against for the position. They want to see you engaging with the other applicants and being extremely outgoing. I guess the other girls in my group didn't figure that one out, because they were, like, stone faced the whole time. I don't even remember if they smiled, much less cracked a joke. The best way to get hired at Abercrombie is to read the hiring manager's personality and play off of them. It sounds really difficult, but if I personally think that working retail takes a certain type of person, and if you can't at act like you're best friends with the people you met 10 minutes before, retail probably isn't the job for you.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working in customer service?   Answer Question
    • What is one time you assumed a role of leadership at your current/previous job?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to motivate others to do the right thing   1 Answer
    • What made you want to work for Abercrombie? What do you like about the brand now vs. about five years ago?*   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite trend at the moment, and how would you help a customer style it?   1 Answer

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Submitted an application, got a call a couple days later the process overall was very fast. Sat down with the store manager for the first interview, very straight-forward, they have a hiring sheet they read off of and only 4 interview questions. Within a day I had gotten a call to set up a interview with the district manager over Skype. The second interview was just repeating what I heard about the position in the first interview, and asking more questions (3 or 4 questions). Pay was very low considering you need a bachelor's degree to apply for the position (less than 38,000).

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It took about 2 days. I applied online, and there was an interview available the next day. The interview was very laid-back. Try to have fun with it and let your personality shine!

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I applied through an online application. The online application gave me an interview time. The interview was a group one and lasted about 15 minutes. They split the interview into those applying for Brand Representative and Stock.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think diversity is important in the work place?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Applied online, got an offer to complete a first round of interviews about a month later. The first round of interviews was an online video interview, they give you a set of questions and you have a limited time to record your answers to the questions

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment? Why finance (or what ever area you ranked first) Why A&F? Strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

I was recruited in store. Casual and very easy going interview. It's recommended to come dressed in Abercrombie attire or something alike. Be confident and upbeat, that's what they're looking for