Abercrombie & Fitch Cashier/Model Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Cashier/Model Interview Questions

1.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier/Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

They take five minutes out of their day to ask you "what are your strengths" and hope that you don't sound like a complete idiot. If you don't look good they won't hire you. Seriously.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

It was pretty simple. just be confident in yourself, speak loudly& clearly. LOOK at the website & have an idea of there style & what the find important. YOU SHOULD DRESS IN BUISNESS GEAR OR DARK COLORS. If you have there clothes, WEAR IT!! if not, clothes that looks like theres will do!

Interview Questions

• ***What is diversty? why is it important in a workplace?   1 Answer
    • how would your family & friends describe you?what are your strong points?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you'll be sucessful at abercrombie?   Answer Question
    • Describe in three words abercrombies style. (try to use different words then everyone else)   Answer Question

Negotiation

For girls: No/natural make up. Dont paint your nails, hair down.
    For guys: CLEAN shaven, no excessive hair products (IE. hair gel)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Diego, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I went in and filled out the application in the store on their computer. They give you different dates to choose from when you would like to come back for an interview, which is pretty cool. I went in for the interview and I kept asking the employees where I should go to wait for the interview and none of them gave me the time of day. The group interview process was kind of weird considering they ask you questions and take notes on everything your saying, which can be tedious if there are lots of people in your group (there were 8 people in mine not including myself). It felt kind of rushed since they had so many of us but I felt like they didn't give people a chance to say anything about themselves and went based on looks, not on the content of what was said.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How would your friends, family, coworkers describe you and give an example of how you exemplify this.   Answer Question

I found out during the interview it was for 1-2 shifts a week and 1 call in. Not worth the drive.

Cashier/Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Friendly group of staff, who were in love with the culture and values of the brand and really passionate about selling it. The process took the whole day, we were interviewed in a group and you could pretty much tell whether or not you got the job..

Cashier/Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Generally, models/cashiers are 'scouted' by A&F employees, based on whether or not you have 'the look'. Once you get your calling card, you will be asked to come in for a group interview. The process begins with registration at a touchscreen computer system. You must give your basic information and also your availability (which will become more and more flexible the longer you work there, and the better you get to know everyone). Generally, everyone is super friendly, despite the fact that it's quite daunting to walk into a building where the majority of people are above-averagely attractive, and you yourself will be based on your charm and looks. However, it is a relaxed atmosphere, and the interviewer does make the process almost like a camp introduction day. Everyone sits in a circle (potential impacts, models, cashiers, etc. are all interviewed together and are then sorted into their various positions after the interview) and begins by introducing themselves in a few short sentences. You will be asked how you would deal with customers in certain situations, examples of how/why your personality is right for A&F, and you will have to give examples from your own personal life. For example, how have you asserted yourself in a certain situation, or how well do you integrate into new environments. There is a short break and the process then resumes. All in all (depending on the number of people), the process doesn't take more than 1-2 hours. At the end, your headshot is snapped.

If you get the job, you will be called in for a training day, which takes up about half a working day (there is an hour break). Along with the other newbies, you will watch videos about the brand, its policies (eg. on theft), customer interaction, store allocation, etc.. etc. Very basic and again, everyone is very nice. You'll also get your employee cards at this point, as well as your respective uniform (depending on your job) and a store tour as well as a practice round at whatever it is you have been assigned (e.g. cashiers practice at a till). You must learn how to interact with customers, use the walkie-talkie, how to handle returns, and the like.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe A&F in one word?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase for this particular job.

Cashier/Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2009.

Interview

I was scouted outside an A&F store and given a web address to apply for the position. After completing an online application, I was contacted a few weeks later for an in-person group interview with maybe 10 people total and 2 managers interviewing us. Most of the questions are about how you work on a team. They contacted me a week or so later to ask if I'd accept the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think diversity is important / What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question