Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training (MIT) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training (MIT) Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager I interviewed with was incredibly unprofessional. She showed up in a tank, booty shorts and sandals. She was late and so nonchalant about the whole thing. She told me she didn't care if she got a MIT and wanted to send me to another store. It was over an hour from my house so I declined.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask any questions, just sat and talked about herself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Erie, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was straightforward, the questions were really basic and they revolved around leadership, problem solving and team play. They asked questions such as, name a time when you had to take a leadership position and what was your experience like? Name a time you had to be a team member ect...

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you failed, and explain how you delt with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very conversational, laid back, chances to brag about yourself and explain your problem solving skills and experiences. The district managers do the interviews as all of them have been through the same interview and same MIT program so it's cool to learn about the position through their eyes.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to get work done on a tough deadline. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Aventura, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I showed up to the store located in Aventura. The manager asked about work experience and why I wanted to become a store manager. The questions were not tricky or technical. The interview didn't catch me off guard.

Interview Questions

• If an employee shows up late daily, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. The first interview was with the SM. The second interview was with the DM. The SM and DM were very pleasant. Both interviews took approximately 20 minutes each. The questions that were asked were mainly situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why do you want to work for Abercrombie?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, interview in the mall first with store manager, then DM. I was offered the job on the spot by the DM and knew this was coming based on how well we connected. This isn't the case for all candidates. I know with the MIT after me, they were on the fence about her and waited a couple weeks before deciding to hire her.

Interview Questions

• Interview was conversational but situational questions were asked   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Northridge, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process at first. I applied and got called in for an interview a couple days later. I thought the interview went well, but I had to call three times over the next two to three weeks just to get a response that they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle meeting a deadline? What kinds of problems did you encounter?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I have interviewed in both Nashville and Knoxville, TN locations. Both the store manager and district manager I interviewed with were friendly, outgoing, and we're genuine about their love of the company. I am excited about the opportunity to be employed there!

The questions are situational to see how you would treat customers and ultimately make them happy and better your store!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to adjust to a difficult employer, or professor. What did you do?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I was approached by an employee in a store about filling out an application. After explaining I was a college graduate the employee then discussed the MIT position with me. I filled out an application and was called shortly after by the district manager. We had a short phone call and then an in-person interview at one of the stores. It was a very quick process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have encountered and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a call for a first interview and went in and was interviewed by the store manager. It was pretty easy, the manager made me feel comfortable and the questions weren't anything hard. A few days later, I got a call from the girl who interviewed me and we set up a second interview with the district manager. The interview process was pretty much the same. Pretty easy questions that look to see how well you are able to solve problems and whether or not you can hold a conversation. It helped that the district manager was easy to talk to and positive throughout the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• Of all the jobs you've had, what's one thing you've been told you do really well and one thing you've been told you need to work on?   Answer Question