Abercrombie & Fitch Model/Brand Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Abercrombie & Fitch

1.5

Brand Representative - Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Greenville, SC) in February 2007.

Interview

I was recruited when I was in the mall by one of the current associates. I think they mostly only hire people who they recruit themselves instead of just walk-in applications. I was called for an interview the next day. I expected a 1 on 1 interview because that's how most companies handle their employee searches, but I didn't know that A&F has like 100 employees in their stores, so they do group interviews. They ask you to say the current tagline (phrase you have to say to anyone who walks in the door, no matter if they are 8 or 80), and I also think they assess you on how you are currently dressed, so I would try to wear something from A&F that is more of a recent season. They also ask how you or your closest friends would describe you ... I don't know what they were looking for but I said intelligent, talented, vivacious, ambitious, and dedicated. I don't really think they care much about what you say, as long as you look good. That's pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Interview

Easy interview right in store. Grouped session. Expected to hire a lot of people due to turnover. Met with manager and assistant manager. We received a tour of the store, nothing in the back. All front store areas that customers are already familiar with. Fun people. Met new friends at interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your career path with A&F? Didn't realize there was one in retail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Interview

I was scouted when I was returning something at A&F and was told to come for the interview. Had 3 other girls in the interview and answered questions one by one.

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Brea, CA).

Interview

Group interview to see if you culturally fit with their unique lifestyle. If you have the look, they will approach you in the mall.

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

I knew the Manager so I wasn't interviewed, but I've interviewed lots of people before and they have pretty standard questionnaire.
    1. What would you bring to a deserted island?
    2. Who is your celebrity crush?
    3. Why do you want to work for Abercrombie?
    4. What do you like about the brand?
    5. Describe yourself in a few words.
    6. What jobs have you worked previously?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One of the managers asked me out when I was shopping, and then he asked if I wanted to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Sterling, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

I came into the store as a customer and was offered a position, but declined it. I came back a couple of months later and told them that I had been asked at least twice before to work for A&F. They told me to fill out an application on one of their computers (easy). I was accepted for the job on the spot. It helps to wear their clothes and fit their image. You will quickly learn that the models are narcissistic; the turnover rate is high; you'll have a new manager every month because they don't stay long; pay is awful. My advice, if you want the discount, work 5 hours every 2 weeks or whatever their minimum is.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked; it is pretty much based on how you look.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is pretty much minimum wage, but you do get 30% off non-clearance items and occasional 50% off on certain articles of clothing quarterly/seasonally.

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Milford, CT) in August 2009.

Interview

Applied on a kiosk in the store, then was contacted a couple days later to come in for an interview. Interview is group style, but in my case there was only one other prospective employee. The Store Manager gave us the interview in the food court of the mall. We were each asked the same amount of different questions. It's a good idea to know Abercrombie's history as an outdoor goods store, and their traditional image of "prep", although that has changed over the years, exclusivity is at the core of their company culture. I would also wear their clothing to the interview. After the interview I was called shortly after and asked if I wanted the position. I said yes and was given a first shift which included some training before hand (a video on loss prevention).

Interview Questions

• What does the brand Abercrombie & Fitch make you think of?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, A&F pays minimum wage to anyone below management.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I was actually recruited in the store and participated in a group interview the same day. The group interview consisted of 10 people including myself by the store manager. The vibe was very laid-back as it took place outside. Questions included: What was your experience in customer service? What are your extracurricular activities? How would you handle a difficult customer? What does diversity mean to you?

Interview Questions

• What do you think the Abercrombie and Fitch brand tries to convey to its customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview for a job here is very simple and not really based on your ability but rather your appearance. They will ask you maybe four or five questions that the corporate requires them to ask during interviews. If the manager interviewing you is interested in you, you will likely be able to tell by the way the describe the job to you. They will also probably ask you some extra questions that are not on their interview questionnaire form.

The main questions that they will ask you that are required to be asked by corporate (at least that is the way it was when I did my interview in 2010) are:

1.) Describe yourself using three words.
    2.) How would you describe our brand of clothing?
    3.) What is diversity?
    4.) Why is diversity in the workplace important?
    5.) Why do you believe that we should hire you?

Those are the basic questions that I remember them asking me. They also asked a couple of questions such as: Where do you go to school? What are you studying? Outside of work and school what do you enjoy doing? Have you had any previous jobs in the past? If so, what did you do at those jobs?

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and why is it important in the workplace?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called 3 days after the interview. They asked me to come in and fill out some paperwork. As this is an entry level job there were no negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (West Hartford, CT).

Interview

I had an initial interview with one of the managers. Extremely simple. A 5th grader could get the job. They try to make is seem like you're interviewing for an important position in ways.

The 2nd interview was a group and it was rather sad. Anybody with a brain could fake their way through it by acting like an engaging individual that has superb team mentality.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a year?   1 Answer