Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.0

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and got a call the next day. The 1st round was with the store leader. Now i am waiting for the 2nd round with the district manager.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Elizabeth, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview really quizzes you on your overall personality and work ethics. They also want to hear how it is working with a large group of people and a diverse group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with people from different backgrounds?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Danbury, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

Went on a meet and greet/descriptive interview with District Manager. I was asked questions about my past experience with work, school, and the community. We talked about what I wanted to do as a career and ways that the company can help me reach my goal. She was also interested in my personality and any additional skills that I had to bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• How would you be able to maintain a diverse work environment within our company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Basic interview questions. Promoted from part time employee to a full time assistant store manager. Lasts only 10-15 min. Necessary to have the 'look' if you want to be a store manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and within the mall the store was located. I was offered the job a few days post-interview.
    You can dress like their style and not professionally, which I almost made that mistake.

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Wellington, FL).

Interview

They ask a list of questions that have nothing to do with getting hired or not. They make a decision based solely on your looks within 30 seconds of meeting you.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to handle an angry customer in the past if so how and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer a rate everyone makes the same

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

You first meet and greet with the Store Manager, then meet with the District Manager for a full interview. Dress as if you were coming in for a day of work (as in, don't come to your interview in a suit, but in a cute Abercrombie outfit).

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest challenge you overcame in your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with the District Manager. The process was pretty laid back. I was asked mostly experience questions so be able to tell detailed stories about your experiences. I pulled from the college and work experience. Be engaging and friendly. They want to see that you are able to effectively communicate with your associates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Meet with the store manager, if they like you then you meet with the district manager and if they think you can handle it then you're hired. After 90 days and completed manager training they promote you as long as you pass the online assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question

Interview

You start out in an interview as a manager in training (MIT). The interview is with one of the company's District Managers. It is very casual, very laid-back. Most of the questions were to get a feel for your personality - who you are, where are you from, what you like to do, etc. The interview is VERY casual. Do NOT wear dress clothes. Wear a polo or woven shirt, jeans, and a t-shirt - seriously. They really look for people who are "brand-positive" and fit their easy-going lifestyle.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none