Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.3

267 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Now, candidates meet with the Store Manager and have a pre-interview by answering some questions and overall getting some feed on how the candidate is personality wise, looking at composure, style, and gauging overall fit with company. If yes, District Manager conducts 2nd interview with candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2017.

Interview

Casual, first interview with store manager, second with the district manager. Interview was in the food court, we talked about our backgrounds, career goals with the company, and then went into questions.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Eatontown, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for an interview. When I showed up to the interview I realized I was overdressed. The manager was dressed like a high schooler. Not a serious interview show up in their clothes and say ummmm to everything. Try to sound like a teenager.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Submitted an application, got a call a couple days later the process overall was very fast. Sat down with the store manager for the first interview, very straight-forward, they have a hiring sheet they read off of and only 4 interview questions. Within a day I had gotten a call to set up a interview with the district manager over Skype. The second interview was just repeating what I heard about the position in the first interview, and asking more questions (3 or 4 questions). Pay was very low considering you need a bachelor's degree to apply for the position (less than 38,000).

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via social media about full and part-time positions that were currently available. I messaged them back and told them what I was looking for and the recruiter set up the initial interview. We met at the location of where a new store was going in and she asked pretty basic questions about my experience in retail/school. Since the new store wasn't open yet, the recruiter and the district manager were both working out of the courtyard of this mall so I met with the district manager right after my interview with the recruiter. The district manager asked more leadership type questions and where I'd like to work since there were multiple stores in the area hiring an MIT. After meeting with that district manager, I was asked to meet with a different district manager for a store that was fairly close to where I live. That district manager asked more situational questions and did some role playing.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Sugar Land, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was okay, Very easy and structured, 1st interviewed by store manager he called me 3 days later to set up my 2nd interview with Dm, Both of the interviews were easy, I got a email from dm saying they have decided to pursue other candidates 2 weeks after which was totally fine.

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Great and easy. Met with Store manager first, they ask questions and then they see if you were qualified. If they feel like you did a good job they refer you to a the district manager then you have a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager I interviewed with was incredibly unprofessional. She showed up in a tank, booty shorts and sandals. She was late and so nonchalant about the whole thing. She told me she didn't care if she got a MIT and wanted to send me to another store. It was over an hour from my house so I declined.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask any questions, just sat and talked about herself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Erie, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was straightforward, the questions were really basic and they revolved around leadership, problem solving and team play. They asked questions such as, name a time when you had to take a leadership position and what was your experience like? Name a time you had to be a team member ect...

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you failed, and explain how you delt with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very conversational, laid back, chances to brag about yourself and explain your problem solving skills and experiences. The district managers do the interviews as all of them have been through the same interview and same MIT program so it's cool to learn about the position through their eyes.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to get work done on a tough deadline. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question