Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,762 Interview Reviews

2.0

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Seven total interviews plus two assessments:
    1 with a design recruiter prior to coming to Abercrombie and Fitch campus (had to present a prompted project)
    1 group interview at sponsored dinner with designer (they purposefully serve a lot of alcohol, be weary!)
    1 IQ test
    1 20-30min interview with HR representative on campus (had to present project).
    1 20-30min interview with senior designer on campus (had to present project)
    3 10min interview with groups of 2 designers on campus (had to present project).
    1 group discussion about retail assortment to judge how you deal/interact with differing opinions and changing guidelines.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Leadership Development Program (Merchandising) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

extensive and exhausting. I noticed that in our group, everyone was attractive as was everyone who worked at the home office. it very much felt like a high school and was super catty. everything you would expect about Abercrombie and fitch. HOWEVER, the salary would have been awesome right out of college ($56,000) so I was still bummed when I didn't get an offer. I knew coming out of it that I didn't click with any of the interviewers. It just wasn't my type of work place.

Interview Questions

• What is an accomplishment of yours that brought you satisfaction?
      What area would you like to work in and why?
      Who is your hero?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH).

Interview

Multiple interviews after a phone screen. Face to face interview with HR. Then face to face interview with hiring manager and hiring managers peers and boss. Orientation for the first 2 days of employment

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

There are two levels of interviews for Abercrombie and Fitch merchandising--the first is an on-campus interview (or preliminary interview if off campus) which includes a short IQ test and a merchandising exercise, in addition to normal interview questions. The second (final) level is one at the headquarters, where you are competing with other interviewees in mass group interview style. It's an all-day event which starts with tours and group activities, and then there are personalized interviews (two with different people of varying management positions) and a self-recorded interview with a webcam. There are several HR people that guide you along the way and you are assigned a mentor before the process.

Interview Questions

• (The style-out exercise) Which of these items should not be ordered?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career services website. I was contacted by an HR recruiter to set up a time to do a Skype interview. I dressed in A&F casual for the skype interview (Recommended if not Required). The skype interview consisted of standard interview questions, background, why do you want to work for A&F, etc. The next round was a face to face interview at my university's career services building. This interview consisted of two rounds and a Wonderlick IQ Test. The IQ test was conducted by an HR recruiter with a the whole group of interviewees. It consisted of 50 SAT style questions and you have 12 minutes to complete. Then there wasa face to face with an HR recruiter and a face to face with an Inventory Manager (Allocator). These interview questions included: Describe a time when you were unable to meet a deadline, what is your definition of success, why did you want to apply for a position with A&F, what word would your friends most use to describe you, discussion of your resume etc. The next round was an invite to attend a 2 day Home Office interview. Day 1 you arrived at the hotel, was greeted by HR and presented an A&F gift bag with a generous amount of A&F merchandise. Dress was A&F casual, everyone was wearing Flip Flops and it was December. You first go on a tour of Columbus. The main goal of the two day process was to not only make sure you were a fit for A&F but to make sure A&F and Columbus were a fit for you. Home Office day 1 activities include a state of the business presentation by a Senior VP, a Q&A session with that senior VP, a Q&A session with a team of varying levels of Allocators, and various tours of the campus. The next part was a meet and greet/dinner with Interviewers from the next days events. It was very social with drinks before and after dinner. Much of the interview process focused on your personality and how social you are. Day 1 ended with the return to the hotel to prepare for the next day. Day 2 consisted of a tour of the campus stores. During the tour and throughout the entire home office visit, your encouraged to ask as many questions as possible. If you run out of questions you should continue to ask the same questions to other employees to get different perspectives. The next phase a an allocation related team excercise with your group (there were approximately 20 candidates for this round and your are split into groups of 5 or six). Though this exercise was Allocation related, the goal of this activity was more to see how you interact with your group and what role you play in a team environment. The final stage was 3 rounds of interviews and a case study. The case study was 45 minutes long and consisted of real life allocation scenarios. The interviews consisted of 2 interviews with HR and one interview with a Senior Allocator. You are told you will hear back no later than 3 weeks after the home office visit. It was certainly one of the most intense interview processes I went through but also the most beneficial and engaging. You really have a great feel for the position and the culture at the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation involved. The offer and benefits package is VERY competitive for recent grads.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application online and within a week they got back to me and I set up an in person interview. From there they told me it's a 3 process interview and I made it to the 2nd round. It was difficult and it was a new store with a new model so they were a lot pickier.

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

it's was difficult because the interview was too long. They ask me specifical things like what would you tell to a customer to convince him/her to buy a jeans? They called me for a second interview during one hour

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

This months-long process was very organized and slightly frustrating. I was interviewing for the merchandising program and was ready to get to Columbus, but they hire all new employees in the programs at once after group interviews at the home office.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in August 2016.

Interview

Sehr lockeres Vorstellungsgespräch welches komplett auf englisch gehalten und durchgeführt wird. Viele Fragen zu Divercity and Inclusion. Ausserdem Fragen zu Uni, Hobbys und weiteren Erfahrungen im Leben. Des Weiteren die Standard Fragen: Wieso dieses Unternehmen? Stärken und Schwächen?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I was a store employee that applied for a corporate position so I went through my district manager to get my initial interview. Had 3 Skype interviews with multiple HR persons, then was sent up to home office for a 2-day visit/interview. The first day at home office was more of a tour of the office, and getting to know the company and they took us to lunch and dinner. The second day was all day interviews. They provided breakfast and then we had to work on a project for the first part of the day, the second part of the day was taking an IQ test, as well as a retail math test that was timed. It was intense. Then after all that, there was three rounds of one on one interviews with multiple leaders within the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked general interview questions-tell me about your background, experiences, education   Answer Question