Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training (MIT) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.3

191 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in August 2016.

Interview

Sehr lockeres Vorstellungsgespräch welches komplett auf englisch gehalten und durchgeführt wird. Viele Fragen zu Divercity and Inclusion. Ausserdem Fragen zu Uni, Hobbys und weiteren Erfahrungen im Leben. Des Weiteren die Standard Fragen: Wieso dieses Unternehmen? Stärken und Schwächen?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbia, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

It'a a 2-interview process, one with the store manager and the other with the general manager. They'll take you down (outside the store) to a bench or a table inside the mall, tell you about store policies, and then ask you situational questions (ex. "Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team."). One question I had during the second interview asked if I read fashion blogs, which seemed very asinine...but, oh well, you gotta answer it.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Dallas, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Long & Detailed, asked questions that didn't seem to pertain to position. Based on my looks all the way. Didn't seem very organized. Went out of way to be nicer than usual. But wasn't appreciated. Felt like I was being judged during the entire process. Didn't see a reason for two interviews and the process could be made into a better experience

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in DePointford, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (DePointford, NJ) in December 2009.

Interview

The District Manager interviewed me on the couches outside of the store. Our interview lasted for 3 hours, but it didn't seem like it. He asked a lot of questions about past work experience and how I resolved issues in work and in school. It was an awesome interview and a few days later he called to offer me the job! I accepted :-)

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had many obligations and had to prioritize. How did you prioritize and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offered a great salary!

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2011.

Interview

Went in the store, applied for the position, and then received an informal interview with the store manager. In this interview she just talked to me about the position and asked basic questions. The store manager then referred me for an interview with the district manager. The questions asked in the 2nd interview were harder than expected, and even though I had prior experience with the company I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question
    • What was a time when you set a goal and achieved it?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I got called after 15 day roughly to attend an interview at their store in London. We were 3 people to be interviewed that day, and 2 interviewer. Started with a quick presentation of ourselves, than we went into some questions about our experience in dealing with customers, colleagues and boss.
    Friendly environment, even though I didn't get the job offer, for which I got called 1 week after.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Barcelona (Spain)) in June 2016.

Interview

pretty long interview. They actually focus on some of your experience and how u managed the situation.
    do not invent stories, becasue they can ask u specific questions and u have to be ready. or they can ask u the same question in two different stes to chack if you are honest or not

Interview Questions

• @tell a moment qhen u have to take a decision even knowing you were against the others   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial application online in which they ask information about my education and background (probably for a background check and verification of university degree). This was followed by an in person three stage interview (which were usually weeks apart). The first interview I met a store manager or general manager, followed by a district manager and then regional. All of them were super nice and outgoing, really made me want to work for the team even more!

Interview Questions

• An example of a situation where you lead a change to an existing process.   Answer Question
    • An example of a situation when you had to show composer and maturity to tackle a difficult challenge.   Answer Question
    • An example of a time you made a mistake.   Answer Question
    • What job do you enjoy doing the most, and why?   Answer Question
    • What would you be able to add to the already great team that we have here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Aventura, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I showed up to the store located in Aventura. The manager asked about work experience and why I wanted to become a store manager. The questions were not tricky or technical. The interview didn't catch me off guard.

Interview Questions

• If an employee shows up late daily, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Albany, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Was contacted to have interview with store manager. It was a simple four question interview. Then you have to have the district manager interview. Which is about the same only a little more in depth.

Interview Questions

• How does culture and diversity apply to your life and how have you used it?   Answer Question