Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training (MIT) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training (MIT) Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2.3

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Submitted an application, got a call a couple days later the process overall was very fast. Sat down with the store manager for the first interview, very straight-forward, they have a hiring sheet they read off of and only 4 interview questions. Within a day I had gotten a call to set up a interview with the district manager over Skype. The second interview was just repeating what I heard about the position in the first interview, and asking more questions (3 or 4 questions). Pay was very low considering you need a bachelor's degree to apply for the position (less than 38,000).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Barcelona (Spain)) in June 2016.

Interview

pretty long interview. They actually focus on some of your experience and how u managed the situation.
    do not invent stories, becasue they can ask u specific questions and u have to be ready. or they can ask u the same question in two different stes to chack if you are honest or not

Interview Questions

• @tell a moment qhen u have to take a decision even knowing you were against the others   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, interview in the mall first with store manager, then DM. I was offered the job on the spot by the DM and knew this was coming based on how well we connected. This isn't the case for all candidates. I know with the MIT after me, they were on the fence about her and waited a couple weeks before deciding to hire her.

Interview Questions

• Interview was conversational but situational questions were asked   1 Answer

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial application online in which they ask information about my education and background (probably for a background check and verification of university degree). This was followed by an in person three stage interview (which were usually weeks apart). The first interview I met a store manager or general manager, followed by a district manager and then regional. All of them were super nice and outgoing, really made me want to work for the team even more!

Interview Questions

• An example of a situation where you lead a change to an existing process.   Answer Question
    • An example of a situation when you had to show composer and maturity to tackle a difficult challenge.   Answer Question
    • An example of a time you made a mistake.   Answer Question
    • What job do you enjoy doing the most, and why?   Answer Question
    • What would you be able to add to the already great team that we have here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager I interviewed with was incredibly unprofessional. She showed up in a tank, booty shorts and sandals. She was late and so nonchalant about the whole thing. She told me she didn't care if she got a MIT and wanted to send me to another store. It was over an hour from my house so I declined.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask any questions, just sat and talked about herself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Erie, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was straightforward, the questions were really basic and they revolved around leadership, problem solving and team play. They asked questions such as, name a time when you had to take a leadership position and what was your experience like? Name a time you had to be a team member ect...

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you failed, and explain how you delt with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Cleveland, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Very easy, met with the District Manager and he asked me 5 simple questions about work ethics and how I handle situations. I received a call 2 days later telling me that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to get a project done in a certain amount of time?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Copenhagen (Denmark)).

Interview

I applied online and got a call 3 days after. The first interview was informal and relaxed. We talked for 30 minutes about previous experiences with team work and difficult situations, why do I want to work in retain, and more detailed information about the job and what they expect from you. I got the impression that it is very important to fit their dress code (minimal makeup, casual look, no extreme jewellery or tattoos) and that you have a pleasant and open minded personality.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. The first interview was with the SM. The second interview was with the DM. The SM and DM were very pleasant. Both interviews took approximately 20 minutes each. The questions that were asked were mainly situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why do you want to work for Abercrombie?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very conversational, laid back, chances to brag about yourself and explain your problem solving skills and experiences. The district managers do the interviews as all of them have been through the same interview and same MIT program so it's cool to learn about the position through their eyes.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to get work done on a tough deadline. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question