Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017
1,789 Interview Reviews

2.0

Floor Model Interview

Interview

The interview was extremely casual, mostly chit-chat and questions about prior experience. It seems to me that the interview process is not an incredibly serious or time consuming process for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (El Cajon, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and chose a date to go for an interview(so I went the next day on a Friday) I was hoping to be the only one there but 3 other girls showed up. The manger was super nice and fun, made the interview really relaxed, she asked questions and anyone could answer first. Everyone got along(: In many other interviews they ask about diversity, but she didn't ask, but i added the word into one of my answers! She said she would call in about week, so i haven't heard back(Today is Monday).

Interview Questions

Interview

Couple of interviews. Mostly the same questions asking about customer service, sales experience, fashion and personality. Laid back interview, casual dress. One interview with store manager, one with recruiter, one with another manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The entire process was pretty smooth and straightforward. I received a call from the store manager asking to set up a first round interview/meet and greet. During the interview they explained the policies and asked situational questions. I was then invited back for a second interview with the district manager. She was very friendly and easy to talk to! She went in depth about the job requirements/expectations and then asked me a few questions about my accomplishments, problem solving skills, etc.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

Very casual. Make sure you dress in AF clothes as a manager would. I literally had FOUR interviews. Despite the managers loving me, the district manager was a different story.

Interview Questions

• I studied hard for this interview. I studied about them asking diversity questions, but it was much more simpler than that. One question was to describe your personality. It's been awhile since this interview.   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There were about 10 other applicants in the interview. It felt like I was being judged more by appearance than anything else, even though Impact Team Members are rarely seen by customers. We waited in the seating area of the store. We met a manager.

MIT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2017.

Interview

I had applied for this position after hearing about it from a friend that was currently working at the stores. I applied online, and received a phone call a couple days later. We scheduled an appointment for an in person meeting with the store manager. The interview questions were expected, it was ok other than the fact that the store manager was an hour and a half late.

Interview Questions

• What is something you noticed in their store, that you think they could improve on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was called in for a interview a few days after my application was sent. The interview was a group interview and was very casual a simple. Basic questions were asked about fit and experience in retail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application online and within a week they got back to me and I set up an in person interview. From there they told me it's a 3 process interview and I made it to the 2nd round. It was difficult and it was a new store with a new model so they were a lot pickier.

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Northridge, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to pick an interview date and time that suited me. I went on a Friday afternoon. It was a group interview, with three of us total (there were supposed to be six of us). The manager met us inside, asked us to sign in and provide our availability, and then brought us outside of the store where she interviewed us. She asked about six to eight questions and took turn in order so we got different times to answer. On Tuesday after the interview, I called and asked for an update on my job application and was told that they wanted me to join their team and that I needed to wait approximately three days for my background check to clear and then they would give me a call so I could come to orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you wear the outfit you chose today?   1 Answer
    • Sell me your outfit.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about any work experience you have in customer service.   1 Answer
    • A time that a customer or someone gave you a hard time when working and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe Abercrombie's style and your personal experience with the store.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a group recently.   Answer Question
    • If a customer came in clueless, not knowing what to buy, how would you help them find something?   1 Answer