Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training (MIT) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training (MIT) Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a call for a first interview and went in and was interviewed by the store manager. It was pretty easy, the manager made me feel comfortable and the questions weren't anything hard. A few days later, I got a call from the girl who interviewed me and we set up a second interview with the district manager. The interview process was pretty much the same. Pretty easy questions that look to see how well you are able to solve problems and whether or not you can hold a conversation. It helped that the district manager was easy to talk to and positive throughout the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• Of all the jobs you've had, what's one thing you've been told you do really well and one thing you've been told you need to work on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbia, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

It'a a 2-interview process, one with the store manager and the other with the general manager. They'll take you down (outside the store) to a bench or a table inside the mall, tell you about store policies, and then ask you situational questions (ex. "Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team."). One question I had during the second interview asked if I read fashion blogs, which seemed very asinine...but, oh well, you gotta answer it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookhaven, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Brookhaven, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview. A very young employee of the company brought me to the FOOD COURT to do the interview, which felt ODD and very distracting. It was also very unprofessional in my humble opinion to be interviewed at a dirty table in the noisy food court. This employee did not ask about my previous job experiences or respond to my interest in Fashion, even though i had previously explained I had graduated from a Fashion oriented college. Employer only discussed the job uniform standards and company perks then proceeded to ask questions based around diversity and leadership in group settings. Although my answers were being written down there was no response and I felt that the interviewer was only loosely listening.

Interview Questions

• When were you ever in a situation where you dealt with diversity?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you had to work in a group   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation you had to take charge in a group   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Albany, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Was contacted to have interview with store manager. It was a simple four question interview. Then you have to have the district manager interview. Which is about the same only a little more in depth.

Interview Questions

• How does culture and diversity apply to your life and how have you used it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Jackson, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the store manager and one with the store manager and the regional manager together. The district manager was originally supposed to be there but she wasn't able to. The questions were moderately easy. mostly situation/scenario questions..After the first interview, I waited about 3 days and they called me in for the second one with the SM and RM. There they discussed pay and benefits. I wasn't allowed to negotiate but the pay was good enough that I wouldn't have needed to. They asked if I had any questions. I didn't. A couple days later I got the call for the job and I had to submit to a drug and background check. The process took about 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an upset customer regarding a customer service issue and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. My school schedule made it hard for me to schedule an interview during the weekday but the district manager that contacted me worked with me to pick a date and time that worked for the both of us. They interview was pretty easy going. They asked basic behavioral questions, and specific questions to see how I would handle certain situations that can arise in a store environment. They also asked me a lot of questions about myself and my goals. Just be easy going and open during the interview and it will go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What is the achievement you are most proud of?   1 Answer
    • You will be working with a diverse group of people. Explain how you will motivate them.   1 Answer
    • What does diversity mean to you an why is it important In the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Super casual interview. You don't necessarily have to wear their brand but is preferred. If you choose not to, wear something that would look like it is from Abercrombie. Interviewer was very easy to talk to and made me feel very at ease the entire time. Questions weren't hard, but it would help to be prepared so do your homework.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to lead in a process or group project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submitted my application online and was called two hours after. Interviewed down with district manager and manager of a Hollister location. Manager was asking questions out of a packet. Very standard questions just asking for examples of leadership, how I handle diversity, time that I had to work with a deadline, etc. Manager was very friendly and didn't pressure me to answer quickly, she gave me time to think about my answer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with diversity and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Submitted my resume online through A&F careers, 6 days later got a telephone call and set an appointment with the store manager for a 30 minute interview, got a call the same day and got an interview with the district manager 2 days later, had a 1 hour interview, got a call 4 day later and got the job.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about diversity, previous work experience and leadership roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation standard pay for all MITs

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Interview with District Manager, after she calls in about a week or week and a half to offer the position. Dress casual -represent the brand so Abercrombie clothes are best to wear.