Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017
1,769 Interview Reviews

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The interview was mostly questions about fashion trends and customer service experience. What do you look for in five years, they're really looking for someone to stay with the company long term and move up in the company.

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

Takes about a week. In person interview then you turn in the application and the process can take anywhere between 1 week to 2 weeks. The manager or assistant manager can interview you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and was given an iPad to check in, and then the manager took me to a location outside the store to have the interview. The interview took a total of abut 30-40 minutes. Overall, it was a good interview but the questions are more thought provoking than you would expect from a store like this.

Interview Questions

• Sell me the outfit you are wearing.   Answer Question
    • How would you help a customer who had no idea what they were looking for?   Answer Question
    • How did you affect change and be a leader in the workplace or your personal life, and how did that make you feel?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your last interaction with a stranger, and how the stranger felt when they left that conversation.   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Aurora, IL).

Interview

Very fast and easy interview but my overall experience working at the store was horrible. Too many call-in shifts and the managers are very bossy and rude to the employees. The managers at my store in particular liked to talk about employees behind their backs as well as the other managers.

Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and selected a time and date for my interview, and then ended up missing it. I wasn't going to try again, but the store manager actually shot me a text a few days later asking if I wanted to come in for an interview the next day (interviews are held Tuesdays and Fridays). So I said yes and went in on Friday.

I wore a pair of Abercrombie jeans, a thin, dark grey velvet high neck tank from J Crew (I think), and some black braided leather Abercrombie sandals. The day I went in for my interview, there were three other girls in my group. They were all bleach blonde, about 5'5" and were CAKE-faced. And of course, they all knew each other from high school, lolllllll.

The actual interview took place at a table in the mall food court. The four of us sat next to each other across the table from the manager. We went in rotation with the questions, that way each of us had the opportunity to speak first. Depending on your level of confidence, this could be scary or exciting. The way we sat down, I made sure to be the first one to be asked questions. I didn't want to look like I copied any of the other girls' answers because I knew from experience that most interviews (at any place really) ask the same generic questions, with a few exceptions. Since we rotated, the second question was asked to the girl to my right first, then the third one to the next girl, etc.

One of the biggest things they look for during the interview is your ability to easily get along with everyone, including the people you're competing against for the position. They want to see you engaging with the other applicants and being extremely outgoing. I guess the other girls in my group didn't figure that one out, because they were, like, stone faced the whole time. I don't even remember if they smiled, much less cracked a joke. The best way to get hired at Abercrombie is to read the hiring manager's personality and play off of them. It sounds really difficult, but if I personally think that working retail takes a certain type of person, and if you can't at act like you're best friends with the people you met 10 minutes before, retail probably isn't the job for you.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working in customer service?   Answer Question
    • What is one time you assumed a role of leadership at your current/previous job?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to motivate others to do the right thing   1 Answer
    • What made you want to work for Abercrombie? What do you like about the brand now vs. about five years ago?*   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite trend at the moment, and how would you help a customer style it?   1 Answer

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Submitted an application, got a call a couple days later the process overall was very fast. Sat down with the store manager for the first interview, very straight-forward, they have a hiring sheet they read off of and only 4 interview questions. Within a day I had gotten a call to set up a interview with the district manager over Skype. The second interview was just repeating what I heard about the position in the first interview, and asking more questions (3 or 4 questions). Pay was very low considering you need a bachelor's degree to apply for the position (less than 38,000).

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It took about 2 days. I applied online, and there was an interview available the next day. The interview was very laid-back. Try to have fun with it and let your personality shine!

Graphic Designer – Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview talking about relevant work and career goals. The interview we originally scheduled was missed or forgotten by the HR rep – she emailed me afterward to reschedule which I found incredibly unprofessional. When I did talk to her a week later, she informed me the marketing team wasn't actually looking for anyone but the digital team was and believed I'd be a good fit. I was told she'd sent me more details regarding the other position but never did, nor did she reply to my follow-up email. Very poor experience and I was shocked by the lack of organization in the process.

Interview Questions

• I'd like to talk about a different position in another department, would you be okay with that.   1 Answer

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via social media about full and part-time positions that were currently available. I messaged them back and told them what I was looking for and the recruiter set up the initial interview. We met at the location of where a new store was going in and she asked pretty basic questions about my experience in retail/school. Since the new store wasn't open yet, the recruiter and the district manager were both working out of the courtyard of this mall so I met with the district manager right after my interview with the recruiter. The district manager asked more leadership type questions and where I'd like to work since there were multiple stores in the area hiring an MIT. After meeting with that district manager, I was asked to meet with a different district manager for a store that was fairly close to where I live. That district manager asked more situational questions and did some role playing.

Fashion Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Akron, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Brief phone/Skype call (about 40 minutes). I was approached through LinkedIn. Headhunter contacted me to inform me about the internship. At the time, I had already accepted another opportunity but I interviewed anyways.

Interview Questions

• What has been one of your biggest challenges and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question