Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training (MIT) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training (MIT) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.3

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Interview is with a District Manager and takes about one hour. It is very casual and laidback. Dress as if you were already a manager at the store. It is not necessary to wear business clothes. They want to see that you represent the brand and can style yourself appropriately.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Life experience dealing with customer service issues. Also, being very diversity. They pretty much ask you the same questions. Their all about pass customer service situations. How would you feeling managing a multimillion dollar company and training, hiring to grow in the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you every dealt with a angry customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Very casual meeting, took place outside of the store by some tables. The DM (district manager) asked me a ton of questions about examples of me resolving conflict in the past as well as situational workplace scenarios in which i took some form of leadership.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work some nights and most holidays?   Answer Question

MIT ( Manager In Training ) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Very easy, come in laid back clothing ( something that is the brand of fits the brand) basic management skills such as time management and how you provide feedback to people and how you inspire people.

Interview Questions

• How do you inspire people that work for you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a Pay is non negotiable

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2015.

Interview

Interview went for about an hour, the District manager told me about the MIT program and all the benefits of being apart of their program. She asked me simple questions to get to know me. I thought my interview went well, and 2 weeks later I get a rejection email that looked generic...does not make the company look good and I will NEVER apply for them again.

Interview Questions

• What would you describe as your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2015.

Interview

Received phone call approximately 4 weeks after submitting online application. Was invited to meet the store manager. Advised to wear Abercrombie clothing. Upon arrival at the store I was greeted by the store manager, who kindle explained the MIT role. I was not asked any questions during the 10 minute conversation. After the store manager had explained the role, she invited me to meet with the District Manager a week later. Again, advised to wear Abercrombie clothes.

Met with the DM, we sat outside the store for the interview, which lasted an hour. The DM was very pleasant but spent a significant amount of talking about their own personal experiences with Abercrombie and before Abercrombie. This was a great insight but they rambled on for far too long, I was rapidly losing interest. Overall, the time spent actually being interviewed was no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had multiple projects with approaching deadlines, how did you handle them? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Initially recruited a year ago in another state for the position but was unable to attend the interview as it was bad timing. Applied online and called the store to set up an interview. Was told by the store manager that we would do a meet & greet first. Went into the store the following day for the meet & greet. Met with the sm and answered a few general questions about my previous work history. I informed the sm that I had worked for all of the brands (gilly, Hollister, & ab) before whilst in college. The next step would be the interview with the dm which was scheduled later that day for the following Monday. The sm also had me to come in and take a look at the "look book" to get an idea of what to wear for the interview. Monday came and I met with the dm in a sitting area inside the mall. She asked me no interview questions other than what interested me in the position and to tell her a little about myself. She spent most of the time explaining the position, training and its benefits. I asked a few questions about the growth potential. And she then begin asking if I were to move forward when could I start I informed her as soon as the next week. She asked me my location preferences (which I really didn't have any) and told me that the next steps were for her to take my location preferences into consideration to see where she could put me. Also informed me that she did most of her communication via email so to expect an email from her which would contain which store/location start date etc. told me to scroll all the way to the bottom of the email to be able to see the information. And that the process takes about 2 weeks but she would try to get back with menu the end of the week. And that was it. 15 min convo. At that point I really felt like I had it. I've worked for them before. Had a degree and definitely fit their look criteria as I've been recruited several times before and was always submitted to castings back when I was a store model. Anyway I spent over a week patiently waiting for the supposed offer letter only to get a phony rejection email a week and half later. Which is ok because the pay is crappy for a mgment position. I made more at my last job which was non-mgment with less responsibilities and I probably would've quit as soon as I found a job in my field. The biggest problem I had with this whole ordeal is how I was made to feel as if I got the job so I spent the whole time waiting to know when I started when I could've been looking elsewhere for a position. If someone doesn't have it let them know in a couple days not almost 2 weeks later. And it couldn't have been a bad bg check (if they even do those) because I've worked for a Fortune 500 company before that does extensive background checks and passed with flying colors. I don't know what the deal was.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days I was invited to an informal Manager in Training session at their flagship location. I was told it would be a group session, when I got there it was just me and one other person. The Assistant Manager told us about the training program and then put on a video of models talking about how they suceeded in training program, it all seemed very scripted and fake, the video was 20 mins. That was it. Then she told us that we would hear back within 3 to 4 days, to meet with the SM or DM for the formal Interview. It's been a week now and I have not received a call back. As I read other reviews online this seems to be a trend of theirs to not call people back till WEEKS later. I have manager experience and a BBA, I can only asume I didn't here back because I don't fit the Abercrombie look. Very unprofessional to not call applicants back when they say they will.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Abercrombie?   1 Answer

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Applied for the job, got a call about 10 days later to set up an interview. pretty straight forward. Nothing much to it. Its going to be hit or miss. Aim for the stars!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for abercrombie?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a conflict with a co worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a video conferencing interview with a recruiter from home office and was then put in touch with the District Manager for an in-person interview. Was asked questions mostly scenario-based and it was all from an interview guide. Relatively easy and laid-back.