Abercrombie & Fitch Model/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Model/Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was really laid back. It was a group interview and they asked basic questions as to our work experience as well as about our personality. It wasn't nerve- racking at all. The manager was very personable, it felt like I was having a conversation with a friend or two. It sort of felt like I was competing with the other person in my group interview which I didn't mind at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when I had to solve a problem with customer service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Freehold, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Most likely a group interview, will ask about corporate culture and diversity. That company wants to expand on diversity. Try to match your appearance and wardrobe to Abercrombie & Fitch look. This is very important to them.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Concord, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was the only person to be interviewed, even though I was told it was going to be a group interview. It was pretty relaxed and we talked about sports as an icebreaker. The interview was held just outside the store which I found a bit awkward since a lot of customers also hung around the front of the store. It was also loud which was a bit distracting as it was hard to hear one another. The interview lasted about a half an hour. There were a lot of situational questions to go through.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you and why is it important?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Basically I was the only one being interviewed so I came dressed in abercrombie looking clothes and I got asked questions while i was in the store. Also wear minimum makeup and try to look as natural as possible. None of the clothes i wore were actually abercombie but the interviewer wore an almost identical high waisted black jean pair. they also told me theyd tell me when id get hired and that i did.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

A few questions about how you would react to a certain situation and how your friends would describe you. (i.e. How would your friends describe you?). Dress as you would if you worked there. They mainly go for people they think will fit the image, or in other words, what they think is a visually attractive person.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Its a group interview. They have the interview on a Friday. They'll take the group somewhere in the mall like the food court or a secluded seating area. They'll ask the questions going in a circle around the group

Interview Questions

• How is diversity important in the work place?   Answer Question
    • Q: What do you like to do in your free time?   1 Answer
    • Q: Describe the style of the brand   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

they asked you about your work experience, what you liked to do for fun, why abercrombie, explain the types of clothing that abercrombie sells

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was easy

Sales Associate - Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Madison, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Very casual and laid back. We went out to the couches outside of the store and sat down. Talked casually for a few minutes and then went right in to the interviewing part.

Interview Questions

• "If you could describe A&F's style, what would it be?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Christiana, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Christiana, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

It's a group interview with one manager and the rest of the applicants scheduled for that time slot. It's pretty laid back and usually takes place in the food court. Dress for the job AKA wear their clothes or something that looks similar. No need for business wear. It's true that they hire based on looks. So, if you look good but your answers suck you will most likely still get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was shopping one day and an employee came up and asked if I was interested in working here. He then gave me the little recruitment paper with instructions on it telling me to come in Tuesday for the group interview, it was Wednesday so I had to wait a week. I applied for the job online as instructed and it let's you select and interview time. Tuesday, like I was told, wasnt and option so I chose Friday and just came in on Friday which ended up being fine. It was the interviews second time giving interviews so it was very casual and super laidback. 2 other people showed up for the interview. Even the interviewer told us it was easy and you're basically guaranteed the job, especially if they need people. He asked 4 simple questions all basically one of the ones in other reviews on this site. You go round robin style answering the same questions. Probably the easiest interview you'll ever have. He said we can expect a call late next week.