Abercrombie & Fitch Model/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

1.7

248 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA).

Interview

Group interview in a crowded mall area. Everyone got asked the same questions. In truth, I'm pretty sure the point of the interview was to make sure we weren't crazy, and to make sure we were up to the physical requirements of the job (ie relatively good-looking). They didn't ask very difficult questions at all, and we just went in a circle and had everyone answer the same questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the style of the brand?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

We sat in a group out in the mall on some benches. They had a set of questions that they were asking us, mostly about diversity in the work place and questions about our character. The interview was easy. They asked how you would greet someone walking into the store which was odd but I later found that it was 50% of my job.

Interview Questions

• How would you greet someone walking into A&F?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was really laid back. It was a group interview and they asked basic questions as to our work experience as well as about our personality. It wasn't nerve- racking at all. The manager was very personable, it felt like I was having a conversation with a friend or two. It sort of felt like I was competing with the other person in my group interview which I didn't mind at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when I had to solve a problem with customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Freehold, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Most likely a group interview, will ask about corporate culture and diversity. That company wants to expand on diversity. Try to match your appearance and wardrobe to Abercrombie & Fitch look. This is very important to them.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Concord, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was the only person to be interviewed, even though I was told it was going to be a group interview. It was pretty relaxed and we talked about sports as an icebreaker. The interview was held just outside the store which I found a bit awkward since a lot of customers also hung around the front of the store. It was also loud which was a bit distracting as it was hard to hear one another. The interview lasted about a half an hour. There were a lot of situational questions to go through.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you and why is it important?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Basically I was the only one being interviewed so I came dressed in abercrombie looking clothes and I got asked questions while i was in the store. Also wear minimum makeup and try to look as natural as possible. None of the clothes i wore were actually abercombie but the interviewer wore an almost identical high waisted black jean pair. they also told me theyd tell me when id get hired and that i did.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

A few questions about how you would react to a certain situation and how your friends would describe you. (i.e. How would your friends describe you?). Dress as you would if you worked there. They mainly go for people they think will fit the image, or in other words, what they think is a visually attractive person.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Its a group interview. They have the interview on a Friday. They'll take the group somewhere in the mall like the food court or a secluded seating area. They'll ask the questions going in a circle around the group

Interview Questions

• How is diversity important in the work place?   Answer Question
    • Q: What do you like to do in your free time?   1 Answer
    • Q: Describe the style of the brand   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

they asked you about your work experience, what you liked to do for fun, why abercrombie, explain the types of clothing that abercrombie sells

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was easy

Sales Associate - Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Madison, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Very casual and laid back. We went out to the couches outside of the store and sat down. Talked casually for a few minutes and then went right in to the interviewing part.

Interview Questions

• "If you could describe A&F's style, what would it be?"   1 Answer