Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training (MIT) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.3

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy. Interview was with District Manager who was very nice and who told me about his A&F career. Told me about opportunities and A&F and what is expected from me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Richmond, VA).

Interview

very laid back interview with questions mostly dealing with leadership qualities, what to do in high-stress situations, and how to promote diversity in the work place. The interview was held outside of the store and was face to face allowing for a much more personal feel as well as a chance to ask any questions about the position and the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Give an example at work or at school in which you have shown yourself to be a leader.   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

interview was about an hour. Question and answer. I first met with the manager of the store. Then interviewed with the DM a few days later. Next I wait to hear back from the DM for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to make a difficult choice knowing it would be unpopular. Do you have recruitment experience? Regular interview questions. Just google it. The interview was fairly easy and the DM was nice. Im still waiting on my offer.   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Applied online. Had first interview 2 weeks ago and a second interview with the District Manager tomorrow. Very laid back. I wore jeans and flip flops. The interviewer explained the 10 week program for MITs and what was involved and expected of me. I'm pretty sure the first interview was to make sure I fit the company's "image" before I interviewed with the DM.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic Questions - looking to be metrics based with sales & business minded answers. Casual dress- best if you just wear a new outfit from the store. Looking for confidence in answers & positivity from interviewee.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to make an unpopular decision & tell a team of people about it?   1 Answer

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I was about to graduate college and had been recruited by a friend. I agreed to an interview, it was all set up through texting my friend who was a store manager at the time. I was scheduled to meet with the District Manager and was told to wear casual clothes similar to what A&F sells (do not go to an interview for this company in business attire). I wore minimal makeup but the DM commented on my makeup when we were talking about the look policy during the interview. The interview was pretty casual, we sat on a bench in the middle of the mall and was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a time when you had to encourage to do something when they didn't think they could accomplish it"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They send an email with the offer, location/brand you'll be in, and salary

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I had a Skype interview first then an in store interview. Took about a month total. Simple questions about yourself, looked to see if you represented the brand, described salary and benefits

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Interview

One on one interview with the district manager. The interview is typically conducted at a cafeteria. Pretty casual and friendly environment. They usually contact you within two weeks of interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your accomplishments.
      Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. It is a one-on-one interview with the district manager of that location that you apply for. The only experience you need is a 4 year degree and a great personality.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle situations when being a supervisor or leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

You sit down with the district manager and they go over a packet that has 4 or 5 interview questions on it. They explain what the company is, how you get promoted and go over company policy and expectations. The interview is pretty simple and since the company is pretty much always looking for MITs, you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you think our company wants to be perceived by our customers?   Answer Question