Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training (MIT) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.3

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I had heard about the MIT program from my school's website so I went in store and applied. The store manager was there and she was very friendly and assisted me with the application. Since I had not yet graduated she informed me to come back when I graduated, and the process will start.

I came back 28 days later, after my graduation, informed her that I had graduated and she told me that her District Manager (DM) would be in Tuesday and too come back then (It was Saturday when I went in). Following her orders, I came back 10 minutes before the scheduled time, only to find that the DM was busy, but could meet with me Tomorrow. So I came back the next day, dressed well and formal casual, only to find that the DM was not there, and too come back again Saturday. I go back again on Saturday and finally had time to get an interview.

The interview was very laid back, asking basic questions like; Leadership examples, Problems with Co-Workers, how did you handle deadlines, etc. The interview went very well, I felt as if I had "Aced" it. The DM told me that I would get a call on Monday about the next step. Currently, it is Tuesday evening and still no response.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with difficult employees, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Fairly quick process. Interview last about 30 minutes. Really need to be aware of the brands style and can explain why you want to work for the the company. They go over the mamager in training position with you and what you'll be learning each week.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

applied and interviewed same week, they are always looking for managers. Interview was one on one and felt like a conversation more than an interview. Dress casual! They want to get a better picture of how you would look in their clothes so it would be best to take a look at what they have in store and wear something similar to that. Mostly experience questions, describe a time when you worked really well with someone, describe a time when it was difficult to work with someone... 99% of the time will ask what your definition of diversity is and if its important in the work place. Part of their hiring criteria is to be great looking, but in a natural way so not too much make up.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your free time. I still don't understand why they ask this question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't really any opportunity for negotiation.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Interview

Saw the position online the mall website. Called to see if it was still open. Store manager wanted to set up a meet and greet at the end of the week was one the way to the mall then so meet with her that day. She asked basic where did you go to college what was your major equestrians and told me to apply online and that she would give my resume to the Distric Manager the next day. No interview yet just went there today.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within an hour by a store manager. I was not yet living in the area in which I applied, so we set up a tentative meeting for a week or so later. When I moved I emailed the store manager and we met in the store. About a week after this, I had an interview with the district manager. It was a pretty standard interview, and several days later I was given an offer. A college degree is required for the position, and I had previously worked for the company, which they seem to prefer.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you could not meet a customer's needs.   Answer Question

They require that applicants have a four year degree for this position, but do not pay what a degree holding person deserves.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Interview

You can be recruited in multiple ways for this position: off the street as seeming brand positive, a friend could give your name to a recruiter, or you are already an emplyee and have simply graduated college with at least a 4-year degree. THe interview is laid back and normally consists of a rather casual conversation about what you studied in school, how you feel about diversity, and what draws you to the brand. They prefer outgoing, self-motivated, friendly people and the questions asked are hint to such.

Interview Questions

• The question that took me most by surprise was concerning my personal definition of diversity. They ask that you describe your definition of the word and how it has applied to you in the past and how you feel it helps a business to run more smoothly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is nothing to really negotiate. The salary is set, benefits are discussed and given after 6 months of full-time employment.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

It was a easy conversation, very open, very friendly! It was a group conversation in Brussels 3 days ago and now I'm waiting for more information! The girl explained how growing is possible in this company

Interview Questions

• Why would u work @ A&F ?   1 Answer
    • What do u know from the brand?   1 Answer

No info yet

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted my a fellow MIT on a thursday night through FB asking if I was interested in the position. Told her I was, met her the next day in the ANF store along with the manager and the interview was set up for the following thursday with the divisions manager. The DM was super friendly and welcoming, she talked about her past experiences and how the company has changed and how great it was. We talked for an hour. It was very relaxed and she asked me maybe 4 questions out of a paper. Because, i was the last interview of the week, she told me she would let me know the next day. She did and I was offered the position through e-mail. The entire process took one week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The process took 3 days, however I was an internal candidate with a high level of experience already working for the company throughout my entire college career and senior year of high school. I was approached by my District Manager and asked if I wanted to interview within the next day or two. It was very casual and easy going. Overall, I would have considered it more of a 30 minute conversation with my DM in which we discussed which direction I would like my career at the company to go and about my education/prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced a conflict within the workplace with a boss/supervisor and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you motivate others   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a call within the next two days and accepted....interviewed on a Thursday and began working on the Monday following the interview.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The process was two interviews. Very easy and straight forward. They aren't tricky about the questions and interviewers are pretty laid back. It is also very casual, wearing jeans and casual top is completely acceptable- you will feel awkward if you are more dressed up. Pretty easy job to get.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company in terms of diversity   1 Answer

Negotiation

none