Abercrombie & Fitch Model/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

1.7

247 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I was "cast" while shopping nearby and applied online. Then scheduled for an interview shortly after.

It is usually a group interview for the position type but at the specific time slot, I was the only one to interview (one-on-one). They asked me questions like:
"Describe yourself in 3 words."
"How would your friends describe you?"
"What does diversity mean to you?"

It was a basic personality interview. I'm guessing because they want to make sure you fit into the culture.

I also discussed a little about the dress code regarding nail polish and earrings. This was brought up when the hiring manager asked if I had any questions.

I think it is important to note what the company policy is before going in for an interview. Why would you want to work at a company that has policies you don't agree with?

Interview Questions

• "What does diversity mean to you?" I was smart and researched what questions they asked and this one particularly stumped me while I was practicing for the interview. However, I think as long as you have basic knowledge of the definition and don't sound stuck-up or mean, you should do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online the process took a week.
    Walked into the store 10 mins early before my interview and sat with the other people that were being interviewed.
    The MIT came and greeted us and told us to go find a place to sit some place in the mall.
    The interview was very laid back and easy. She only asked 3 question. Try not to say the same thing as the other people.
    interview was on a Friday and got a call the next Friday.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the style of Abercrombie and Fitch in 3 words?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Turned in a resume online and got a call back from the manager for a group interview. Very casual atmosphere. Look presentable and wear clothes that seem like they're from Abercrombie. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. Had time for questions at the end. Have knowledge about the company.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you
      Explain an experience that displays your professionalism   Answer Question
    • They asked me to demonstrate how I would greet a customer by saying "hey how's it going "   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Paramus, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview is done in a group setting, with about 3-6 people. The hiring manager takes you outside of the store to hear you better and goes around asking the same questions to each person.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of when you think of the Abercrombie brand?   Answer Question

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was very brief and done in a group setting outside the store in the mall. They asked a few questions regarding diversity and why it's important in our corporate culture. Interviewer was reading off of a question sheet the whole time and had little personal attachment with the candidates. Come looking like you work at the store already, know the brand, love the brand, get hired.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you and why is it important?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Costa Mesa, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

They are always hiring and recruiting, so they do weekly or bi-weekly interviews every Tuesday and Friday. These are usually in groups and are pretty laid-back. When recruiting, managers immediately look for young and attractive people to represent their brand. The interview itself is to see if the person can back up their look with good customer service and an ability to carry out the brand's values as well.

Interview Questions

• The managers have a sheet with questions that they choose from and most of them center around the brand's values and your views on them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

Many questions were asked "tell me about yourself" "what do you like most about Abercrombie" "What is Diversity" was the main question. Interview took place at Starbucks. Received a phone call 1 week later with the job offer. I declined.

Interview Questions

• saying the tagline, "hey whats up" at the end of the interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole process was very easy. It was a group interview with about 5 people. They ask about your character and what your ethics are. You have to stand out from the other people who are interviewing with you. So present yourself in a way that is friendly, confidant, and hard working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Sacramento, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I went in and asked if they were hiring. I was given a code to apply online. I had a group interview a few days later. The questions were fairly basic.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I was in the store browsing and one of the sales associates approached me and asked if i would like to apply for a "model" position, which is basically a sales associate who greets the customers and maintains the company's "look." I figured what the heck and was then referred to formally apply online, which takes 10-30 minutes. After that I scheduled a day and time for the interview. They explain that their interviews are very relaxed and are conducted in groups. I got there like five minutes early and there was only one other person interviewing with me, and the interviewer was about twenty minutes late. We were brought to a corner of the store away from customers, although the music was very loud. We were asked a series of questions that were extremely easy to answer: what does diversity mean to you/how have you experienced it?; how would other people describe you?; and what are some good qualities you have or something like that. It was a very quick and easy interview. If you get the job you'll here back in a week. hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• what does diversity mean to you and why is it important?   1 Answer