Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2016

1.7

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about 3 or 4 days later asking to come in for an interview. Showed up to the store and one of the managers took me to a quiet corner of the store and asked me pretty generic interview questions. Whole thing lasted like 10 minutes and after she said to call the store to get my schedule for the week.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation you've had to go through and how you overcame it?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you had to work together with a team to overcome a challenge/   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a group interview, and i was there with about three other applicants. try to answer the questions first because the questions are kind of simple so everyone ends up saying the same thing. Pretty much just dress nice and smile a lot and youll probably be hired. It's a really boring job though probably so i ended up not accepting the offer, how is this not 50 words yet? wtf seriously? maybe if i keep posting it will finally

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

You go in or get refered to apply online with a code and then after applying you schedule an group interview within a week or two. Go in and answer pre written questions and it takes about an hour or so.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked on a task/project with others to complete a goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole process was very easy. It was a group interview with about 5 people. They ask about your character and what your ethics are. You have to stand out from the other people who are interviewing with you. So present yourself in a way that is friendly, confidant, and hard working.

Abercrombie and Fitch/Impact Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

It first off starts by making you present yourself (name, hobbies, something cool about you)
    It then goes on to you past experience in life as resolving a conflict or something you did wrong and how you fixed it.
    Then they ask you what is diversity.
    Most likely it'll be a group interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It really sucks on hours-based. I get about 10 hrs a week

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2012.

Interview

I initially applied for an impact team member position but after about 6 months I became a sales associate.The interview process wasn't that bad. I was put in a group of 3-4 other people, it seemed like I was the only one who wanted to be an impactor and the only one who was not arrogant, maybe those were the reasons why I was offered the job after. The best way to pass the interview is by being yourself, this applies to your appearance(clean look, minimal amount of makeup, simple hair...) as well as your behavior. When I was asked questions regarding how I handled a certain citation in the past or how I worked in groups, I simply used examples from when I went to school, since this was my first job interview after graduating high school. In general, this is a great job to make new friends while accomplishing very simple tasks, it is also very fitting for college students since it allows to have a flexible schedule.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of diversity, and do you think it is important in the workplace? why?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and in a casual manner. I sat down with the district manager in a food court area of a mall. I was first asked about why I wanted to work for the company and why I am a good candidate, and then I was presented with a series of situation based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work with someone who was culturally diverse from you and how did you go about working with them.   Answer Question

Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

Walk in and apply at the computer kiosk built into the wall. You will select an interview date typically for 4 o'clock Wednesday, or 4 o'clock Friday, something like that. When you arrive the day of your interview there will typically be other people maybe about 4 or so. The manager will take the group to an interview area, usually outdoor seating at the mall. In this case for Town Square LV, NV it was at the metal tables in the center park/grass area. He will have a clipboard with questions on it and will go around the circle asking various questions off the clipboard. If you decide not to go first then you can take some time to think about your answer while listening to what other people have to say. Your answers don't always have to pertain to work experience, feel comfortable drawing from life experience. One girl in my interview group was asked about a time she had to overcome a difficult challenge, she talked about climbing a mountain with thick snowfall while leading a group of students. Other questions may be about how you're outgoing, and basically fit the A&F image personality wise. Anyway, after questioning they let you go and then call back in maybe a few days to a week. Orientation consists of standing in the back stock area craning your neck up to watch a short 15-30 minute video about deterring theft and providing superior service. That's it. Other than that there isn't any more formal training and they just throw you in and maybe or maybe not tell you the best way to do your job. Which is to the detriment of those who actually know how to do a good job and have to pick up the slack for everyone else. Management is very relaxed, so far I haven't seen any consequences for doing a crappy job/ blatantly not working while on the clock.
    If you're worried about the interview questions just look up some generic interview questions on the internet.
    "why would you describe yourself as outgoing?"
    "how would you describe superior service?"
    "what is diversity and how is it good for the workplace?"
    "how would you describe the A&F image?"
    "describe a time you overcame a big challenge?"

Interview Questions

• "What is diversity and how can it be great for the workplace?"   1 Answer
    • "Describe a time when you overcame a big challenge?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation process.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2011.

Interview

Referred by a friend, when I went to apply I dressed casually. I briefly met and shook hands with the store manager before I was asked to fill out an application on a computer in the store. After I had applied I was called back the same night and scheduled the interview for next week. The interviewer was the same guy, very casual and asked questions mostly about myself and my people skills. I was nervous and personally didn't think I answered the questions very well, but I managed to get the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What does the Abercrombie style represent to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2010.

Interview

I went into the store to ask for an application and coincidently the hiring manager was there. He had me fill out a general employment form on their kiosk and just told me to show up on the upcoming Friday for an interview. It was a group interview with very simple questions. What is team work? What does diversity mean to you? It did however, seem as if the people who did get the job were given so based off of looks. So looks matter along with being somewhat pleasurable at the interview. I received a call the next day and was scheduled approximately 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   1 Answer