Abercrombie & Fitch Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.7

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Applied online, got an offer to complete a first round of interviews about a month later. The first round of interviews was an online video interview, they give you a set of questions and you have a limited time to record your answers to the questions

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment? Why finance (or what ever area you ranked first) Why A&F? Strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Leadership Development Programs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Applied online and heard back in about two weeks for a video interview. Interview was a recording of three basic personality questions. Heard back in about a week and a half after that.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Received an email that asked me to submit a pre-recorded video interview. This was kind of an awkward experience but the questions were pretty easy like, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years", "What position do you think you would be best at and why?". Then received a second skype interview with a person from HR and then a recruiter from the team I would actually be on. Just make sure you know the company really well, why you want to/and should be in retail, and current trends.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you have been in one of our stores?
      What did you like and not like about your experience in that store?
      Name three weaknesses.
      Who is the most influential person in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy interview process with young girl who seemed disinterested from start to finish, basic questions, be able to walk through your resume, biggest weakness, favorite class you took at university, why you choose your school.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and had an on-campus interview with a recruiter, which consisted of a regular behavioral session and a Wonderlic test. This was followed by a Skype interview with HR, and then an invitation to visit their Home Office in Columbus. The Home Office visit lasts 2 days, and it gives you a great look into the culture of the company and what your responsibilities and career path will look like if you join the company. Everyone was very friendly and fun, but still professional. They give you lots of opportunities to meet associates, ask questions, and see the campus so you can gauge whether you would enjoy working with them. The first day of the visit is more informal and fun, and the second day is more about actual interviewing. There is an individual case study, a group case study and presentation, and several one-on-one interviews. The interviews are straight-forward and and primarily behavioral. Definitely wear A&F when you go to your interviews, everyone is super casual and really represents their brand.

Interview Questions

• Really think about why you want to work there, and show that you have a clear rationale in your conversations.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus. Took about half an hour to 45 minutes. Very easy standard questions. Had to take a wonderlic test afterwards. They expecredit us to be very casual and not in the usual interview suit mode. Wearing a&f clothes and talking about fashion helps I guess.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your biggest accomplishments. What are positives and negatives.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

- 45 min campus interview consisting of a Wonderlic test and standard interview afterwards
    - 30 min skype interview
    - 2 day Super-Day. Tours of Columbus/home office on first day, interviews on second day (4 behavioral, 1 "case")

General Notes:
    I interviewed for the Leadership Development Program Finance Internship.
    The interviews are straightforward and behavioral. I was able to get through the process by knowing my resume well and having entertaining anecdotes about past experiences that could demonstrate (in different ways) why I would be good for the position.
    There's really nothing you can do to prepare for the "technical" portions of the interviews, besides review of very basic statistics and math.
    All of the people I met from A&F were very good looking, helpful, and passionate about the company.
    I had a very positive interview experience and I recommend that people go into the process with an open mind.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to attend your university?
      What is the most interesting class that you have taken?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why A&F?
      Why finance?
      Talk about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.
      Talk about a time when you has to compromise.
      Talk about a time when you worked on a team.
      Talk about a time when you failed.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

First round: on-campus interview. You need to take a Wonderlic test before your interview. Also, their pre-interview session is a "mixer party" and they see how you are interacting with others. They give you a project the night before the interview - it was a fun experience, and gives you an idea as to whether you want to continue doing this or not. Was interviewed 1:1 by two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• - what is your biggest weakness?
      - what is your biggest accomplishment?
      - what is most important to you? (money, fame, people, etc)
      - What is the current fashion trend?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of two 30-minute interviews followed by taking the Wonderlic test (50 Questions, 12 minutes). I applied for the program through my university's career site and was contacted to set up an interview about a week later. The first interview I thought went really well, the recruiter and I had a fun conversation getting to know each other and consisted of me telling her about my future goals. The next interview was torture. The recruiter was extremely rude, almost argumentative towards my responses, kept looking at the clock, and at one point rolled her eyes at one of my responses. I didn't feel the questions were hard, mostly consisted of future goals, why you think you would be a good fit for the company, and behavioral questions. After my second interview it really made me question if I would want to work for a company that would have a recruiter that was so unwelcoming.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 3 years?

Tell me about a time, you were in a group and there was a conflict, how did you handle the situation and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I secured an interview through our campus career coach. A recruiter from A&F was at the career fair at the school, which I unfortunately missed, but I connected with him through email. We met at Costa over a coffee where I gave him my resume and told why I was interested... Overall it went great and the recruiter was very nice. He didn't ask any technical questions, the whole point was to be nice and introduce yourself... he then gave me his email address through which he directed me to the interview.

The first interview was extra easy, it was a pre-recorded set of questions, which were 1)your university, 2) your degree 3) where you see yourself in 3 years.

The second interview was over Skype with a person at HQ. The lady was very nice and welcoming, which made the whole process less nerve- wrecking. Prior to the interview I was given an assignment, which I needed to complete within 24 hours. The assignment was fine, but you need to be prepared to explain why/what you did.. First half of the interview was behavioural questions, and the second was based on the assignment.

Interview Questions

• What are the current male trends? What brands do you see on your campus?   Answer Question