Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

1.8

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There were about 10 other applicants in the interview. It felt like I was being judged more by appearance than anything else, even though Impact Team Members are rarely seen by customers. We waited in the seating area of the store. We met a manager.

Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Northridge, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to pick an interview date and time that suited me. I went on a Friday afternoon. It was a group interview, with three of us total (there were supposed to be six of us). The manager met us inside, asked us to sign in and provide our availability, and then brought us outside of the store where she interviewed us. She asked about six to eight questions and took turn in order so we got different times to answer. On Tuesday after the interview, I called and asked for an update on my job application and was told that they wanted me to join their team and that I needed to wait approximately three days for my background check to clear and then they would give me a call so I could come to orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you wear the outfit you chose today?   1 Answer
    • Sell me your outfit.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about any work experience you have in customer service.   1 Answer
    • A time that a customer or someone gave you a hard time when working and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe Abercrombie's style and your personal experience with the store.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a group recently.   Answer Question
    • If a customer came in clueless, not knowing what to buy, how would you help them find something?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application online and within a week they got back to me and I set up an in person interview. From there they told me it's a 3 process interview and I made it to the 2nd round. It was difficult and it was a new store with a new model so they were a lot pickier.

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It took about 2 days. I applied online, and there was an interview available the next day. The interview was very laid-back. Try to have fun with it and let your personality shine!

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via social media about full and part-time positions that were currently available. I messaged them back and told them what I was looking for and the recruiter set up the initial interview. We met at the location of where a new store was going in and she asked pretty basic questions about my experience in retail/school. Since the new store wasn't open yet, the recruiter and the district manager were both working out of the courtyard of this mall so I met with the district manager right after my interview with the recruiter. The district manager asked more leadership type questions and where I'd like to work since there were multiple stores in the area hiring an MIT. After meeting with that district manager, I was asked to meet with a different district manager for a store that was fairly close to where I live. That district manager asked more situational questions and did some role playing.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

You apply online and select an interview date. Every interview is typically a group interview in which the manager will ask an array of easy questions. The interviews are usually pretty quick depending on how many candidates are there.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Quick no more than 20 min. It was a group interview so it was a bunch of people in a group. they had us wait in the middle of the store.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I met the abercrombie and fitch reps at a career fair at my school and got an interview the next day. They met with me in person and asked me some basic questions. I got a skype interview after. Very nice people and helpful, they were also enthusiastic about the company.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Northridge, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process at first. I applied and got called in for an interview a couple days later. I thought the interview went well, but I had to call three times over the next two to three weeks just to get a response that they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle meeting a deadline? What kinds of problems did you encounter?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Canoga Park, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back the next day. I believe it was due to the fact that the holidays were coming up and they NEEDED employees. I was hired on the spot and was told I had to wait for my background check to come in. Once my background Came in, I was called in to watch a video, go over a packet, and then that was that. I was thrown into the store with barely enough knowledge about the store on Black Friday :/ ..the absolute worse time of my life! And I didn't even get to work as a Stock Associate, I was forced to be a Brand Rep.