Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Sugar Land, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was okay, Very easy and structured, 1st interviewed by store manager he called me 3 days later to set up my 2nd interview with Dm, Both of the interviews were easy, I got a email from dm saying they have decided to pursue other candidates 2 weeks after which was totally fine.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Great and easy. Met with Store manager first, they ask questions and then they see if you were qualified. If they feel like you did a good job they refer you to a the district manager then you have a second interview.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I received a call the same day that I applied. I went in for a brief interview with the Store Manager that was easy. next, I had to Skype with the district manager. It was basic interview questions.. nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• They just want to know that you are somewhat attractive and if you have any retail experience with a Bachelors you will get it. Pretty pathetic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.. the salary sucked but there was no room to budge.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Paramus, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes. The questions were mostly situational. I was asked approximately 15 questions. As I had mentioned, the questions were in regards to having to describe a time or situation where certain tasks were accomplished. I heard back from the district manager, who conducted the interview, two weeks later (even though I was told I would hear back in one week). I was offered the position immediately upon returning the call from the district manager and she had explained the salary and the benefits and asked whether or not I accepted the offer -- which I did. She wanted me to start immediately, but due to upcoming events I had already made a commitment to, I began a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at school or work when you had to complete multiple tasks by a specific deadline. What did you do and how did you complete the tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Started after I gave my resume to a recruiter during a career fair. I was first contacted by email the day after to set up a time for an interview but didn't get a response. The I was contacted by phone about a week later to set up an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions: experiences working as a team, making decisions within that team, etc
      A good chuck of the interview was about explaining the position itself
      Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

It was a lengthy interview. The whole thing took about and hour. Lots of in depth questions asking for examples from your education experience and past work experience. You have to think quickly. Make sure you come in with your accomplishments in mind and how you achieved them. The questions are not difficult, but you definitely need to come prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a project that had a time limit and you had to complete it under pressure.   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Straight forward interview (scripted) dealing with background and past job experiences. Primarily examples of when I was in a leadership or management position in the past and how well I performed. Attire was casual...pretty much anything from the store, I was told to wear jeans and a t-shirt with converse if I had them. The interview was with the district manager, I had expected to work at a more convenient location than I was assigned and somewhat misled. I was fully expecting to work in the location that I was recruited, where the application was submitted, and where the interview took place. When I was offered the position, I requested a day to think it over, and the next day I accepted....only to find out they expected me to work in a location about 20 minutes farther away.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when you were expected to manage a large group and how well you performed   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate. I was offered a salary of $31,000.00/yr but in reality it was only $14.90/hr (relatively easy to get a few hours of over time though). I highly recommend requesting a written offer with the salary and benefits completely written out and documented before signing any contract.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2015.

Interview

30 minutes. questions about diversity & values, holding yourself accountable, when you've made a change in a process, when you've made a mistake. They look at how relatable you are, how outgoing you are, and how fashionable you are.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've worked with people with different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my university and received a call from a recruiter the next day. I met her at a local mall that week. The interview was very relaxed and most of the interview she talked about her experiences and the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She said that they would love to have me and asked me to start working in the store as a sales associate until I could start working full time.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview with district manager to see what background the applicant has and trying to see if they would be a good fit.
    Looks goes a long way in this company and they will target you for a role based off of appearance, literally.
    in person interview with same manager.
    District manager is typically friendly and genuinely shows an interest in what you have accomplished. The interview is mostly figuring out your commitment to a job rather than trying to decipher your core competencies. I suggest showing that you have a strong work ethic and interest to get other people excited about shopping with Abercrombie. You must come across as outgoing, confident, and strong attention to detail.
    Aslong as you are not a moron and show competency in not burning things, you should be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when a customer was upset and what did you do to remedy this?
      Why should we hire you?