Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 20, 2017

2.2

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager-In-Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Now, candidates meet with the Store Manager and have a pre-interview by answering some questions and overall getting some feed on how the candidate is personality wise, looking at composure, style, and gauging overall fit with company. If yes, District Manager conducts 2nd interview with candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Eatontown, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for an interview. When I showed up to the interview I realized I was overdressed. The manager was dressed like a high schooler. Not a serious interview show up in their clothes and say ummmm to everything. Try to sound like a teenager.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via social media about full and part-time positions that were currently available. I messaged them back and told them what I was looking for and the recruiter set up the initial interview. We met at the location of where a new store was going in and she asked pretty basic questions about my experience in retail/school. Since the new store wasn't open yet, the recruiter and the district manager were both working out of the courtyard of this mall so I met with the district manager right after my interview with the recruiter. The district manager asked more leadership type questions and where I'd like to work since there were multiple stores in the area hiring an MIT. After meeting with that district manager, I was asked to meet with a different district manager for a store that was fairly close to where I live. That district manager asked more situational questions and did some role playing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Sugar Land, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was okay, Very easy and structured, 1st interviewed by store manager he called me 3 days later to set up my 2nd interview with Dm, Both of the interviews were easy, I got a email from dm saying they have decided to pursue other candidates 2 weeks after which was totally fine.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Great and easy. Met with Store manager first, they ask questions and then they see if you were qualified. If they feel like you did a good job they refer you to a the district manager then you have a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Naples, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview was with store manager and the second round I met with the District Manager. The District Manager asked similar questions, but asked for more in depth answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with a customer and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I received a call the same day that I applied. I went in for a brief interview with the Store Manager that was easy. next, I had to Skype with the district manager. It was basic interview questions.. nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• They just want to know that you are somewhat attractive and if you have any retail experience with a Bachelors you will get it. Pretty pathetic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.. the salary sucked but there was no room to budge.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Paramus, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes. The questions were mostly situational. I was asked approximately 15 questions. As I had mentioned, the questions were in regards to having to describe a time or situation where certain tasks were accomplished. I heard back from the district manager, who conducted the interview, two weeks later (even though I was told I would hear back in one week). I was offered the position immediately upon returning the call from the district manager and she had explained the salary and the benefits and asked whether or not I accepted the offer -- which I did. She wanted me to start immediately, but due to upcoming events I had already made a commitment to, I began a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at school or work when you had to complete multiple tasks by a specific deadline. What did you do and how did you complete the tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Started after I gave my resume to a recruiter during a career fair. I was first contacted by email the day after to set up a time for an interview but didn't get a response. The I was contacted by phone about a week later to set up an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions: experiences working as a team, making decisions within that team, etc
      A good chuck of the interview was about explaining the position itself   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

It was a lengthy interview. The whole thing took about and hour. Lots of in depth questions asking for examples from your education experience and past work experience. You have to think quickly. Make sure you come in with your accomplishments in mind and how you achieved them. The questions are not difficult, but you definitely need to come prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a project that had a time limit and you had to complete it under pressure.   1 Answer