Abercrombie & Fitch Merchandising Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Merchandising Internship Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandising Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

preinterview party, then interview on campus, then two day interview at headquarters

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Merchandising Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I submitted my resume, cover letter and an optional online pre-interveiw recording through my school's career fair. I was then selected for the interview. During the interview they asked a lot of behavioral questions, along with questions about trends around campus. The night before the interview I was given a packet consisting of pictures of different mens' shirts. I had to decide which shirts Abercrombie should produce and in what quantity. During the interview I then presented my conclusions to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question they asked was "what is something that Abercrombie is not doing well with?" This was a tricky question because as far as customer satisfaction and publicity goes, they're doing pretty terribly, so it became hard to answer this question truthfully without shooting yourself in the leg.   Answer Question

Merchandising Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2013.

Interview

I met the recruiters through campus recruiting. I talked to many of them at the career fair, and was soon asked to do a video interview, where you answer pre-recorded questions. After that, I was invited to an information night. This is basically just for them to get to know you. It gives you a chance to talk to the recruiters in a group setting. Make sure you stand out by asking unique and thoughtful questions, but DO NOT dominate the conversation. The next day they had me take a basic test, and I had my interview. It was really conversational and they just asked basic questions about why you wanted to work for their company. Definitely know the current trends in the industry and what A&F is doing. Go on their website, look at their clothes, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to had to abide by something you didn't agree with in the workplace.   Answer Question

Merchandising Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. There was a pre-night and then a behavioral interview. I was given a small project at the pre-night to complete and present during the interview the next day. I was not asked for another interview.

Interview Questions

• (There was a hand sanitizer bottle on the desk) How many M&M's could I fit into this bottle? Walk me through your thought process.   Answer Question