Abercrombie & Fitch Merchandising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.2

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview with a recruiter
Skype Interview with mini presentation
Final Round at Home Office -- 2 day process with tour of Columbus, meet other employees, group case project, individual interview

Interview Questions

• Current trends?
    Why you chose your college?
    A time when you disagreed with a group and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Video interview, three questions, the first one just asked your name, school, and major, the process was kind of awkward talking to a computer screen but the questions were fair. Haven't heard anything back since

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Oxford, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview was after career fair, and was with a group of about 8-10 other students from my school. The first half you chose 8 graphic tops for a men's spring collection with reasons to back-up your choices. The second half, they gave us a sheet of paper and pencil and we had to calculate volumes, profit, and units. It was difficult for me because I didn't know what to expect. Then afterwards everyone took a times IQ test (Wonderlic)

Interview Questions

• What are some trends that you're seeing on campus now?   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. If you do your company research, make sure you go beyond general information. Wear A&F clothing, too. Know the trends as well as their clothing. There was also a case on Tee Shirts which was fun to present. I had one on campus interview, and then one over skype. The one over skype was difficult to connect with the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an HR rep after applying online. They asked for my SAT scores, which was a little odd, but then I did a video interview, and a Skype interview. I was asked to come into the home office; for about three hours, I met with various people, discussed my experience, career goals, accomplishments. Also took a personnel test twice. I was also bought coffee and lunch in the cafe, which was so incredibly nice. I was contacted two days later with an offer.

Overall, they could not have been any nicer throughout the entire process, making me feel *very* welcome at the home office. Very professional, they know exactly what they're looking for in candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • What are some classes you took? Which class did you do well in, what class challenged you?   Answer Question
    • How would a friend describe you, how would someone who doesn't know you describe you as?   Answer Question
    • Why A&F?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I first talked to recruiters at a campus career fair. I was then invited to a coffee chat with a recruiter, where we just had a casual conversation for about half an hour. Next was an in-person interview and assessment. The next round I was flown out to their headquarters in Columbus, Ohio, where I was shown around for two days. There were interviews throughout the process, including a case and another assessment. The other employees were around for a lot of the process for tours and networking.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2014.

Interview

Met at a career fair, was instantly invited to an info session which actually turned out to be a small group case study. Then had 2nd round of interviews that were very relaxed and then a final round of touring and interviews at corporate office over the course of 2 days. All and all the process lasted just over one month.

Interview Questions

• Describe your style and influences   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where someone was difficult to work with, what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I was asked to interview with them through a job fair. I first met with them casually for coffee to ask basic questions. We then had a dinner. I then was brought to an interview where I talked to 2 different people and had to take a test. I dressed casually in Abercrombie clothes.

Interview Questions

• If you were describe yourself with three brands what would they be?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Started with 2 Skype interviews, one in person coffee chat, and then a home office visit. Flown to Columbus, Ohio for 2 days of interviews and networking.

Interview Questions

• What are the other job offers you are considering and where does A&F fall on this list?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I had an initial on-campus interview followed by a Skype interview with a HR person in Ohio. It was pretty relaxed. They had sent me a merchandising project to work with before. They really try to know your personality and your interest in Fashion Industry. I didn't come across any competency questions as yet. They said that they would come back in 3 weeks so still waiting

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you really contributed to a team by influencing them...and you added value. ..   Answer Question