Abercrombie & Fitch Merchandising Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online through the A&F website. It's very simple - just asks for your SAT score, your resume, unofficial transcripts, university, etc. It takes less than five minutes to fill out. I was then contacted by HR and asked to complete a virtual interview. I was asked automated questions and then recorded myself answering them. It took less than 15 minutes. I then participated in two Skype interviews - one with HR and one with a Merchandiser for A&F. Between the first and second interview, I was asked to complete a short project and presented it to the Merchandiser. The questions are very straightforward, and the interviews are conversational and relaxed. Wear A&F! Shortly after, I was asked to fly out to Columbus, OH for a 2-day "super day" of interviews. Day 1 was mostly tours of the facility, the city, and learning about the company as well as what our roles would be. They make sure you're very well fed throughout the whole experience (which is such a plus!) We all spent the night at the Hilton downtown, and then participated in an Interview Day the second day. It consisted of an observed group project, a case study, and 4 interviews: one virtual, and three with current A&F associates. Everything is very relaxed and the environment is so fun! Everyone who works there is extremely welcoming, and wants you to have a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? What trend could A&F take advantage of that we are not currently? What is your proudest accomplishment? Talk about a time when you were in a leadership position. Talk about a time you made a decision that affected others, and they didn't like it. What is your favorite current trends? What trends do you notice at your University?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Leadership Development Program - Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Merchandising Leadership Development Program (full-time) in August 2015. I was contacted by a recruiter October 2015 and within one week completed a recorded interview and two Skype interviews. The recorded interview is a bit awkward but only consists of three very simple questions (name/university/major, what is your biggest accomplishment, why the A&F LDP). My first Skype interview was all behavioral questions. I was then asked to complete a project at home, and my second Skype interview consisted of presentation of my project and a few merchandising related questions. The following day, I was invited to attend a 2-day tour of the Home Office in early December. I checked into the Hilton Downtown Columbus on the first day of my visit where we were greeted with goodie bags (free clothes/perfume!) We toured Columbus, ate lunch with associates at Harvest Pizza, toured the Home Office, associate Q&A panel, dinner/drinks at Lindey's with associates, and back to the Hilton. The second day we had breakfast at the home office, heard from various members of cross-functional teams, participated in a group project and an individual project, took the Wonderlic test, and had three 1:1 interviews and one more recorded interview. I was contacted about a month later with an offer. The process seems very tedious but it is GREAT to learn about the company, the associates, and the position and overall I had a ton of fun!

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment? Why A&F? What brands do shop at? What are some current fashion trends? How would your friends describe you? What is one thing A&F does well and what is one thing A&F could improve upon? What were some of your favorite classes / most challenging classes?   Answer Question

Merchandising - Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Applied and interviewed on campus. Case given the day before on picking men's graphics. You have to pick certain styles/ colors then present your choices. The night before they have a info session where you get to meet the recruiters and people who have gone through the program already. Good opportunity to learn more about the position.

Merchandising Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

On-campus recruiting. First impressions at career fair then asked back to meet one-on-one with recruiter. Then scheduled formal interview on campus. Last minute pre-night event the night before the interview where we were given an activity to complete to present during interview. Took a 30 minute IQ test before interview then had two 30 minute interviews (one with HR and one with someone in a department). Heard back a few weeks later via email.

Leadership Development Program - Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I interviewed as part of a campus recruiting process. Dropped my resume on my school's career site, was selected with 5(?) other seniors to interview.
    Two days before the interview, we get an email inviting us to a pre-party- a networking/presentation/Q&A/case giving out hybrid event on the next night. I thought this was a bit inconsiderate- students' schedules fill up so quickly, how could we possibly all be able to come that night (work shifts, classes, practices, etc. exist too). Most of us ended up working around it.
    We met the recruiters (who I honestly couldn't tell from my fellow students at first since everyone was supposed to dress Abercrombie casual), watched a presentation, and were given a project to complete by the interview the next day.
    Before the interview, I took a career aptitude test and then had a one-on-one with the lead recruiter. The questions were as expected - tell me about yourself, leadership, something you overcame, etc.
    Heard back about a month later via a generic email.

Merchandising Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I went to a career fair at my university and gave them my resume. They emailed me encouraging me to apply online for an on campus interview. I got the interview. The night before the interview they had a reception at a local restaurant where they answered questions and gave everyone a project to do before their interview. The next day when I went to my interview I took a short assessment and then went through two different 30min interviews with one person who actually worked in merchandising and the other with the recruiter.

Leadership Development Program Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

on campus interview at college career center where we took the Wonderlich test and had 2 interviews. Flown to Ohio for campus visit. Multiple group activities, interviews with people of varying positions in the company. The whole process is very laid back, but it seemed as though the recruiters were obviously targeting some people while ignoring others, in both professional and unprofessional ways. Must fit in with the culture or else you will hate it.

Leadership Development Program (Merchandising) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

extensive and exhausting. I noticed that in our group, everyone was attractive as was everyone who worked at the home office. it very much felt like a high school and was super catty. everything you would expect about Abercrombie and fitch. HOWEVER, the salary would have been awesome right out of college ($56,000) so I was still bummed when I didn't get an offer. I knew coming out of it that I didn't click with any of the interviewers. It just wasn't my type of work place.

Interview Questions

• What is an accomplishment of yours that brought you satisfaction?
      What area would you like to work in and why?
      Who is your hero?   Answer Question

Merchandising Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted during a career fair on campus and invited to interview the following afternoon. I had a half hour interview with a current merchant, followed by the wonderlic test. A week later, I was contacted by someone in HR inviting me to do a skype interview with another merchant at the home office. A package was mailed to me with a project to complete and present at the interview - it's not difficult, especially if you have any background in merchandising. After completing the skype interview, I was told someone would be in touch within 3 weeks regarding a decision for further interviewing and was not. I had to follow up on 3 or 4 separate occasions to see what was going on, and rarely got a straight answer. Eventually they told me they had decided to proceed with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What are some current trends right now, what is A&F missing, what could be done?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program, Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

First round interview is done in two parts, one with a Merchant, one with a HR person -- the interview with the merchant includes a lot of questions about style, where you get your style inspiration, where you shop, what you think about A&F brand, what you thank about the stores, who is the target customer, etc. There is also a presentation component -- a mini exercise that they give you the night before that only takes about 30 minutes to complete. In the interview with the Merchant you are asked to share your ideas and support your decisions. The HR interviewer asked mostly fit and personality questions. The environment was very relaxed. The second round interview is two long days of activities at the Home Office

Interview Questions

• Where do you shop?   1 Answer
    • Which trends do you see right now in women's clothing that could also be translated into men's clothing?   Answer Question