Abercrombie & Fitch Model Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Model Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

1.7

Model Interview

Interview

I attended a group interview with several other people and was asked basic questions like what are your strengths and what does community service mean to you? I was then was called a week later. I came in and filled out paper work and began work in the next several weeks

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Honestly, a stupid interview. As long as you're not completely stupid and have the looks, you will get hired. Don't make racial comments, make comments on diversity. There's a fine line. I was recruited at a store.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends and family describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimum wage.

Model Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

You must fill out an online application given to you either by a model in the store or by a recruiter that approaches you. You can then attend group interviews that you will be asked a series of simple questions.

Model Interview

Interview

On my way out of the store one the managers asked me if I was interested in working there and gave me a card with a code to sign in online. I filled out the online app and came in for what was supposed to be a group interview but I was the only one there. Took like five minutes and they hired me within the week.

Interview Questions

• Why is diversity important?   1 Answer

Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The interviewer is usually the head manager. There's one question they always ask- "What does diversity mean to you?" This is a big question in considering your employment. Also, they will ask how your friend would describe you. Basically, you should keep your answers short and sweet. Confidence is key! Stay calm and don't act nervous. Dress attire should be a no-brainer- cool, casual, classy are all acceptable. Wear what normally would be sold in the store, not necessarily A&F though.

Interview Questions

• Diversity is obviously what they value in the work place. They want you to be accepting of all races/cultures etc. Just elaborate on why its important and healthy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Manhasset, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I asked for the code to apply online at my local Abercrombie & Fitch store and I went into the store the next day, a Tuesday, for a short group interview. Most of the interviewees were for Impact, so I had my group interview with just one other girl. She had previously worked at Hollister, so she casually slipped that in, but her face was all caked up and she wore a crop top and shorts. I was all decked out in Abercrombie--a lace tank, burgundy skinny jeans, and brown braided A&F flip flops. The manager showed approval of my attire and my natural, no make-up look. I was hired a week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. I was asked four questions:
      1) How do you provide a positive environment for others?
      2) What happened when something didn't go your way?
      3) What is diversity to you, and do you think it is important in the workplace?
      4) How do you think A&F wants to be viewed?

Good luck to all! :-)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a call informing me that I had been selected as a Model, and the manager who interviewed me asked if I was willing to accept the offer for $8/hr (which is roughly minimum wage for NY). I don't think the pay is negotiable.

Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

You can either be recurited or apply in the store or online at home. if your recruited you basically have the job, they will then schedule a group interview with you. Before the group interview starts, they'll ask who was recruited, who's applying for the model or impact position depending on how large the group interview is. if you weren't recruited you'll apply online or in the store, you automatically pick a day for your interview and then from there its the same process that i listed above. the interview questions are very simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Theres no negotiation process they start you off at minimum wage

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Simple. Usually they have group interviews, but I was the only one at my interview. Be chill and yourself, they're not looking for fake cheerleaders at this store. Just attractive people that are easy to be around and reliable. Also follow up is terrible, it could take a week or so for them to tell you you're hired, but they'll say only a few days.

Interview Questions

• How would you use our tag line to sell clothes? What are your best qualities? How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

one interview…normal questions about yourself and what makes you differenet. How can you be a leader?

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Troy, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied in store and had an interview the same day. It was a one on one interview with the manager. He talked about the dress code there look is natural. No nail polish, no unnatural hair color, you don't have to wear the clothes but they must be similar to what's in the store, for shoes you can wear flip flops , converse or chuck taylors.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity to you and is it important in the work place? How would your friends and family describe you? How would you describe Abercrombie?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, didn't discuss pay during interview.