Abercrombie & Fitch Model Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

1.7

191 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

They asked why you liked Abercrombie but it was pretty much about how you looked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Model Interview

Interview

Easy and laid back- Pannel/group interview style

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

You either get recruited by a manager or employee, or you go up to them and ask if they are hiring. They do interviews every Tuesday and Friday. If you go in the store and ask, the manager gives you a card with a password on it so you can log in and apply online. Had my interview same day by myself with the store manager but usually it's a group interview so try to stand out with your answers. Be happy and energetic, smiley. Super easy and laid back. Make sure you wear Abercrombie or Hollister to your interview: Cute top, dark wash jeans, and converse or slip ons. They want you to already have their style. Hair down, natural make up, no eyeliner or bright colored eye shadow, nails or french tips. Abercrombie & Fitch goes for a natural and effortless but still attractive look. I felt like the interview went okay and they said they would call or email by friday, but just to make sure the next day I called the store to follow up and say thank you for the interview and they told me I was already picked to be hired and orientation was this week! I was so happy.

SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL INTERVIEWS: At the end of most interviews, the person usually asks "Do you have any questions for me?" You should ALWAYS have questions about the job from the person interviewing you, but not self centered questions like pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and how is it important in the work place?   1 Answer
    • How would your friends and family describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was an informal group interview. Answered several situational questions and asked what we knew about the company. Questions were focused on getting to know customer service background and geared to how you handle tough retail situations. A few questions were geared to personality, if you would get along with the team, and if you fit the company culture

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't see eye to eye with   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

You should apply online if you are not approached and recruited. Then they will call you and you set up an interview time. You areinterviewed in the store (or elsewhere in the mall). The interview is about 10-15 minutes and they call you within the week.

Interview Questions

• How would you define diversity?   1 Answer

Model Interview

Interview

As I was shopping in the store itself, I was approached by one of the managers who recruited me to work for them. They explained the application process which was very easy to follow. Applying online was simple and took me no longer than 20 minutes. I was able to choose my own interview date, which was very convenient. The interview was pretty much 4 main questions and took no more than 15 minutes. I got a call back the next day saying I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Group interview at the food court. Very casual. They called me back a week later offering the job.

Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter, gave me a code to fill out the app online, got an interview within 2 days. It was a group interview with 5people total. They asked a few different questions and they went around in a circle to answer them. Next morning they called and told me I got the job!

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you and how important is it in the workplace?   Answer Question

Model Interview

Interview

group interview with the store manager. it was conducted in the store, very casual and relaxed. lasted less than 15 minutes. asked to describe myself and what the brand means to me. very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Oak Brook, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

i was recruited at my college and they gave me a card telling me to apply. A week later they called me and asked for an interview. I went in and aasked for the manager. They told me to apply since i hadnt done so yet and then i had a one on one interview that took less than 5 minutes. after that the lady told me they would call me in a couple of days.