Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in New Albany, OH | Glassdoor

2.8

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Online Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and I was contacted for a phone interview ~2 weeks after. The phone interview was pretty basic, and essentially just asked questions to see if I would be a good culture fit for the company ("Tell us about yourself and your background, what do you like to do on the weekends", etc.).

I was invited for a second interview at the home office ~2 weeks later. Before you start the interview you're given a 50 question timed skills test, and they look for you to answer around 35 correctly. The interview itself consisted of 4 1:1 interviews with various departments and levels of management in the company. The questions were fairly standard, however it did get a bit repetitive, and took around 3 1/ hours total to finish talking to everyone.

I was contacted approximately 1 1/2 weeks later with an offer.

Overnight Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH).

Interview

Straightforward, personality and situation type questions. After submitting the application, you are called and scheduled in person interview over there at their home office in New Albany. Based on the volume of people they are hiring, you may either find yourself in a group interview of 3 to 6. After the interview you're giving a schedule and start date.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the culture of A&F   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy interview process with young girl who seemed disinterested from start to finish, basic questions, be able to walk through your resume, biggest weakness, favorite class you took at university, why you choose your school.

Real Estate Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I saw online they were looking for accounting interns so i sent in my resume. I then later that week met with a recruiter about the position. They called me for an interview about a week later and within two weeks they called me telling me i had received the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Merchandising Leadership Development Program (full-time) in August 2015. I was contacted by a recruiter October 2015 and within one week completed a recorded interview and two Skype interviews. The recorded interview is a bit awkward but only consists of three very simple questions (name/university/major, what is your biggest accomplishment, why the A&F LDP). My first Skype interview was all behavioral questions. I was then asked to complete a project at home, and my second Skype interview consisted of presentation of my project and a few merchandising related questions. The following day, I was invited to attend a 2-day tour of the Home Office in early December. I checked into the Hilton Downtown Columbus on the first day of my visit where we were greeted with goodie bags (free clothes/perfume!) We toured Columbus, ate lunch with associates at Harvest Pizza, toured the Home Office, associate Q&A panel, dinner/drinks at Lindey's with associates, and back to the Hilton. The second day we had breakfast at the home office, heard from various members of cross-functional teams, participated in a group project and an individual project, took the Wonderlic test, and had three 1:1 interviews and one more recorded interview. I was contacted about a month later with an offer. The process seems very tedious but it is GREAT to learn about the company, the associates, and the position and overall I had a ton of fun!

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment? Why A&F? What brands do shop at? What are some current fashion trends? How would your friends describe you? What is one thing A&F does well and what is one thing A&F could improve upon? What were some of your favorite classes / most challenging classes?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I was a store employee that applied for a corporate position so I went through my district manager to get my initial interview. Had 3 Skype interviews with multiple HR persons, then was sent up to home office for a 2-day visit/interview. The first day at home office was more of a tour of the office, and getting to know the company and they took us to lunch and dinner. The second day was all day interviews. They provided breakfast and then we had to work on a project for the first part of the day, the second part of the day was taking an IQ test, as well as a retail math test that was timed. It was intense. Then after all that, there was three rounds of one on one interviews with multiple leaders within the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked general interview questions-tell me about your background, experiences, education   Answer Question

Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH).

Interview

I attended an information session at my university. I learned more about the company and the positions they were offering. I scheduled an interview that day for the following week. I attended the interview and answered some questions. After I answered questions, I asked a couple questions. Then I was hired.

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through an online job board and was contacted the same day. I was brought in for an "interview" that really wasn't an interview. It was so informal and I was extremely overdressed in my business casual clothing that I felt uncomfortable. Everyone was super friendly and the HR woman asked about my equipment experience and then gave me hire paperwork and that was it. Orientation the next day and then I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what experience I had with lift equipment.   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an HR rep after applying online. They asked for my SAT scores, which was a little odd, but then I did a video interview, and a Skype interview. I was asked to come into the home office; for about three hours, I met with various people, discussed my experience, career goals, accomplishments. Also took a personnel test twice. I was also bought coffee and lunch in the cafe, which was so incredibly nice. I was contacted two days later with an offer.

Overall, they could not have been any nicer throughout the entire process, making me feel *very* welcome at the home office. Very professional, they know exactly what they're looking for in candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • What are some classes you took? Which class did you do well in, what class challenged you?   Answer Question
    • How would a friend describe you, how would someone who doesn't know you describe you as?   Answer Question
    • Why A&F?   Answer Question

Director of User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial recruiter screening, followed by all day on-site interviews (literally lasted probably 7 hours). It was physically exhausting. Finally follow up interview with 2 additional decision makers. Overall probably a 4-6 week process. I was really impressed with the campus and the friendliness of the interviewers. I did have a pre-conceived perception of the place based on rumors I'd always heard and was delightfully surprised that it wasn't like that at all.

Interview Questions

• There was a overall personality test--I can't remember the names of it. It's never been validated as an effective test. However, the test was fun to take.   Answer Question