Abercrombie & Fitch Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2017

1.8

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application online and within a week they got back to me and I set up an in person interview. From there they told me it's a 3 process interview and I made it to the 2nd round. It was difficult and it was a new store with a new model so they were a lot pickier.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Group interview with five other people at the top of head office. Given ten minutes alone in a room with the other candidates before interview commenced. They run interviews pretty regularly as the have a constant revolving door of employees. They explained their zero hour contract, some history behind the brand and encouraged applying to different locations if unsuccessful

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was really laid back. A group interview of 30 mins of less in which we all got to talk about ourselves and how we'd handle various situations we might find ourselves in in the store.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The person who was hiring was asking about retails process, and how could I handle any situation about retails, which other experience I had had about retails. How we need to treat costumers.

Interview Questions

• how can you be better with costumers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Fresno, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, on their website and was able to schedule an interview right there. They emailed me and said that it was going to be in a group format. I went in on a Friday around 4pm. And was told to wait in the store until more ppl showed up. It was about 4 of us . The manager did the interview outside the store. Everyone dressed pretty casual. The interview questions were pretty basic and personal.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2016.

Interview

After finishing the online application, you choose a date to interview from a dropdown box. Interviews are usually done in groups but I was the only one there on the day I went. You're brought to a relatively isolated area to be asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment you had a short time to complete a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Paramus, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Open table process . We were about 5 people interviewing at one time with the manager. We sat at a nearby cafe for the round table question and answer technique. It was a different way of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• How can you better represent the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I went into the store one day to buy items that were on sale. I was approached by a female sales associate who came up to me and asked if I ever wanted to work at the store. I said I had considered it but never really gave it much thought. She took me to the counter and filled out a card with her name/reference and contact information for me. She said to email the contact information for the next steps. After emailing, they gave me a call to get to know about me a little bit more. Then they emailed about an in-person interview. I went in and it was very average, nothing out of the ordinary but nothing extraordinary either. I just had to consider scheduling shifts around classes and that was it. They hired me 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were mainly interested in if I could take on the responsibility of taking shifts while still being in school. Nothing was negotiated since it was just a regular job at the mall.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Miami, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

You apply in stores or are approached by a manager/ recruiter for the company. The interview is scheduled on one of 2 days weekly. It is a group interview and you are each asked three questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are called and told you have been hired and are to come in on sunday for "training." You give them your schedule availability and you start that following week.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week for an in-person interview. I was told it would be a group interview but when I got there the manager took me to the restaurant next door and we had a one-on-one interview there for ~15 minutes. She asked about myself for the first part but as soon as I told her I was married the interview immediately went south. She asked the usual questions like where I worked before and what were my responsibilities. She told me I should probably interview for the managerial positions. She told me I would hear back within the week if it went well.

Interview Questions

• None, all of them were the expected interview questions   Answer Question