Abercrombie & Fitch Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Diego, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Took a group of other interviewees, about 6 of us, to the mall food court and asked us all questions. Just try to stand out and make yourself heard.

Better offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2011.

Interview

Interview was conducted in the store, mainly asked questions about personality, and questions such as "what activities do you like to do in your spare time." The managers then described what we would be expected to do if hired and provided information about the expected attire of sales associates.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Easy - they basically grade your looks, how you represent the brand's image, whether or not you fit the profile. One of the manager's told me that their general rule of thumb is "girls that you want to hook up with", and "guys that you want to have a drink with". Excellent hiring credo.

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Aventura, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

I had one interview which was made in a group. They asked us one question and we each had to reply with a different response. Luckily I was first so I was able to make my unique response without sounding like a repeat.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I went into the store one day to buy items that were on sale. I was approached by a female sales associate who came up to me and asked if I ever wanted to work at the store. I said I had considered it but never really gave it much thought. She took me to the counter and filled out a card with her name/reference and contact information for me. She said to email the contact information for the next steps. After emailing, they gave me a call to get to know about me a little bit more. Then they emailed about an in-person interview. I went in and it was very average, nothing out of the ordinary but nothing extraordinary either. I just had to consider scheduling shifts around classes and that was it. They hired me 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were mainly interested in if I could take on the responsibility of taking shifts while still being in school. Nothing was negotiated since it was just a regular job at the mall.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2010.

Interview

group interview

Interview Questions

• what do you like about the clothes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

called on phone--> offered job

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Novi, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

The group interview was very easy. It had a laidback feel, and most people were wearing Abercrombie-esque clothing, of course. I was in a asmaller group, and ended up being the only girl at my interview. It only took 15 minutes and the questions were not hard at all. Basically, they are looking for super outgoing people, so make sure you respond a lot to your interview, and interact with the people you are with. Also, before I interviewed a girl in the store gave me the advice to make my answers a little lengthy and not one-worded...it worked. They also tried to make it comfortable by throwing in some random personal questions (favorite hang out spots, movies, etc). They do seem to focus a lot on diversity so make sure you go in knowing what it means!

Overall, I had one interview that only lasted 15-20 minutes (in my group of about 5 people) and I got the job, so yay!

Interview Questions

• What is diversity, and why is it important to the workplace?   Answer Question
    • How would you define Abercombie's stye?   1 Answer
    • How would your friends and family describe you?   Answer Question
    • hat's your best asset and how can it be applied at the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Passaic, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Passaic, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

How you feel about diversity?

How do you deal with stress?

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if your co-worker wasn't doing their job and you were left do to everything yourself?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel working for someone who is absent from the job and doing your job at the same time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Roseville, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

Was recruited, and interviewed about a week later. The interview was a group interview, I was asked about three questions, basic behavioral/ leadership questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied in the store and they scheduled an interview for 2 weeks ahead, i went it and it was about 8 other people there it was easy, i went and be myself i actually didnt even think i would have gotten the job cause it was so much people answering question but they called me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

started at 9 a hour didnt negotiate