Abercrombie & Fitch Store Model Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abercrombie & Fitch Store Model Interview Questions

Updated Jan 1, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The manager approaches you to see if you are interested in working for the company. You apply on a store computer and set up an interview time. You interview with a small group.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Store Model Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual, it's more about getting to know you and what you know. Share a lot of things that you've done in the past that will benefit the customer service and their satisfaction. They do try to do a group interview which may help you to not feel too nervous, however, it doesn't always turn out the same and I was the only one being interviewed. Just be very respectful and poised, answer professionally but also seem very friendly and approachable. I was lucky enough to be interviewed with someone who made me feel like we were just having a normal conversation.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer who cannot decide on an outfit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Towson, MD).

Interview

Group interview. Mangers like when you show up to the interview wearing either the actual brand or something similar to it. Interview is more on looks rather than the content of a person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is not negotiable. The manager will tell you how much he/she liked you during the interview and if you would like to join their company.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a casual and easy going process, so it's best to wear something that resembles their style which is preppy with a hint of a beach style (since their store models are required to wear flip flops to work). The interview itself was a group interview and was just a way for the managers to take a look at you, your appearance/style (so what you wear is very important), your personality and your vibe. They like to have people that are friendly and outgoing because you will be dealing with a lot of rude customers and will most likely have the chance to stand in the front of the store and be a greeter. Always answer your questions with a smile and make sure it does NOT sound like an answer that was taken straight off the internet, that will be a red flag. At my interview I could tell who was memorizing answers and I'm sure the manager could too. Just be yourself and make your answer unique..

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work for this company?
      - How would your friends describe you?
      - What does diversity mean to you and is it important in the workplace? (Very important question in the interview)
      - What style do you think Abercrombie & Fitch represents?
      Answer Question

Store Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Have a rough idea of what makes you a good candidate to work in the store. If you were recruited by an employee, you basically have to string together a few coherent sentences. It's a very easy interview, three questions. Just be confident. It's not a good idea to end your answers with a question mark. Be sure of what you're saying and have conviction. If you're good with common sense, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the brand? What is your personal style? What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Store Model Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I walked into the store and asked if they were hiring. The manager said yes (because they are always hiring) and she gave me a card with the application password on it. The online application took about 10 minutes, then I chose an interview date. I received a call the day before confirming my interview time. Then I got a second call from the manager who I has spoken to earlier and she told me to wear Abercrombie clothes and natural make up. Once I got to the interview I was told it was a group interview and that they were expecting about 5 people. It ended up being me and one other girl.

The actual interview process was relaxed, and casual. We sat at tables outside the store and another store manager asked us questions. The total interview process took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of diversity and is it important in the work place. Why or why not?   Answer Question
    • What makes Abercrombie different?   Answer Question

Store Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I was walking by the store and the store manager stopped me and my friend, she invited us for an interview and told us the dates they were held. I was told to wear casual clothes, so I wore jeggings, sandals, and a cute top with natural makeup. I was asked to describe A&F, to describe my personality, what I liked about working in teams.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and how does A&F represent diversity?   Answer Question

Store Model Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very laid back and casual. I was taken outside asked simple questions and then hired on the spot. Be well keep and clean shaven. They are going to judge you by your looks.

Interview Questions

• None, really. They were your basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy , they found me at my school and seemed liked they were willing to hire anyone that looked up to their standards. It appeared that they were looking for anyone highschool or above to come in and fold clothes.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Jackson, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

There were eight other people interviewing with me because they do group interviews in this company. The interview wasn't too difficult. We were asked around six questions each. We were asked why do we want to work for the company?, what is the style of the clothing?, what is a tagline?, etc. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and why is it important on the workplace?   1 Answer