Aberdeen Asset Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2017

2.6

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiters. Received an email about a week later to set up an in-person interview. Met with HR, an analyst, and a portfolio manager. Not many technical questions. More behavioral and about fit.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at their office in Philly with one HR rep and one other person from their investment dept. Very easy questions that focus around your resume and why you're interested in their company/what they do. Make sure to review their website so you have an idea of what they do. Know about their Grad Business Analyst program, I happened to talk a lot about it my interview. Very straightforward interview, took about a half hour

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Worked through recruiter, spoke over the phone with company. Had one person in Europe, another in America. Both peppered me with questions; did some small talk at the start. Very mindful of 15 minute time, though we went over. Discussed my technical background, how I worked in a team environment. At the end, no offer, because I have a slight speech impediment..they said that showed human weakness...

Interview Questions

• How do you balance organizational goals and user requests in design   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring manager's boss, then the hiring manager, and then my would be colleagues. I was then called back for a second interview with HR, and finally a third follow up interview over the phone. Interview questions were mostly centered around my experience and the role I was interviewing for.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Phila, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a single skype interview, very conversational. Found out within 2 weeks whether i had got the job or not. Very very easy my friend. I enjoyed meeting the different interviewers. Each of them provided insight as to how it is working at the company.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone intereview ahead of a ~three our in person interview. HR screening was very helpful and the interviewers were very straight forward with their questioning. Overall it was one of the more enjoyable interview processes. Questions were not tricky or deceptive in any way. I would certainly interview with Aberdeen again.

Fixed Income Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Quick, 3 rounds roughly and mostly behavioral. First interview out of the blue with HR, then brings you in if you're not too far away, or phone interview with another 3 managers. Then offer or no offer

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, maybe if you have bad grades they'll be a bit pointed about it   Answer Question

Administrative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through email and received an response a week later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview, done by an HR assistant, was short and sweet- they just wanted to get more information regarding my background. Was asked to come in for an interview three days later.

Two interviews: one with a Senior Manager, another with a HR Representative. He asked questions pertaining to the job and my qualifications, my hobbies and what I thought I could bring to the table. She didn't really ask anything, we just chatted. This was on a Monday.

On Wednesday they sent an email letting me know that I was no longer being considered. I responded to thank them for their time, and to ask for feedback. No response.

Interview Questions

• He asked the standard questions. Nothing seemed difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with one hr person and two managers. It consisted entirely of fit questions. They asked questions about your resume as the company has an emphasis on fit. The program is a feeder into their graduate development program. The pay was twenty an hr plus overtime. You should be interested in the development program and should know about the company and their investment process. Make sure to follow up with a thank you email that includes a question to show you retained some info from the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Aberdeen?   1 Answer
    • What are you interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. It consisted of one group interview with two managers and an HR representative. It is very behavioral based. The company culture is more about fit than technical skills because it is a very social place.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty textbook, I get the feeling they are the sort that care more about interests than your particular skills set or background since you will learn it all on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation