Abington Memorial Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abington Memorial Hospital Interview Questions

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA).

Interview

I first met with HR, then met with someone in the department, then met with the manager of the department. The HR portion was challenging for me as this was my first interview in about 8 years. I answered as best I could, but probably gave a little too much information.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in March of 2016. HR was extremely unorganized. They even told me the wrong date to come in (thank goodness I followed up to confirm date and time!). HR and Nurse manager with both late. It seemed like I was an inconvenience to them in the HR department.
    The nurse manager was extremely friendly. I almost wish she hadn't been. She kept emphasizing the need for nurses, and the wonderful new grad program that I'd do great in. She seemed super excited to be talking to me and I thought we got along well. It was my FIRST RN interview EVER, so I was nervous, which may have shown and may have hurt me. But she kept filling me with so much hope. Abington was my first choice... So of course I was so crushed when I never heard back. Even after several follow ups.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too complicated. The usual nursing scenario questions.   Answer Question

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Rigorous process of 3 round interviewing.
    1. HR manager (day 1) if you pass her then,
    2. Documentation Specialist Department Manager (Very nice & approachable woman. She gave me pointers for the third interview. She asked clinical questions and the typical strengths and weaknesses, describe yourself, how would others describe you, & several similar questions that kind of catch you off guard all based on describing yourself thus aiming at figuring out strengths, self-articulation, & character. So, know your synonyms to describe yourself and be thought provoking & ingenious in your answers.
    3. Documentation Specialists on staff (group interview of about 6)-They also ask clinical questions & self-description questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: What lab is done 3 times, one of which is in the ED, when a person is admitted with an MI?   Answer Question

Patient Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Panel interview for new nurses went early in the morning so I only had 3 nurse managers where other people had 8 nurse managers which is unfair in my eyes they each asked a bunch of reasonable questions and we're all very nice, but there was a lot of people interviewing for the positions

Clinical Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital.

Interview

Easy interview, only call when they are interested for the most part. Very friendly and easy going staff who made you feel comfortable. Be prepared to highlight your skills and discuss what you bring to the team. It is a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Something in your past experience that highlighted your leadership skills   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital.

Interview

The interview process very pretty informal. First, there was a very short interview with HR that had generic behavioral and situational questions related to nursing and otherwise. Next, I met with two nurse managers. It was very unprofessional. One of the nurses was wearing a sweatshirt and was texting when I walked into the room. She continued to do so even after I sat down and began to answer the other nurses' questions. I questioned whether they really wanted me there in the first place or if they were interested in what I had to say at all. I was disappointed as I thought very highly of Abington Memorial Hospital before this experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital in September 2014.

Interview

4 step interview process. First with Human Resources, then Director of the Unit on the same day. I came back again for second step: Interview with other Managers and the peer interview. The Managers asked the same questions the Director asked. The questions from peer team were more about how I would fit in with them. The peers gave accurate picture of Job: schedule, flexibility, work load, acuity of the unit, benefits, support system and work culture.

Interview Questions

• The questions are thorough, do your homework. The benefits are expensive. I did not expect to pay for my own parking for a Job interview especially when parking is in the campus. During the peer interview, many questions that the peers raised created holes in the disclosure of the job requirement. Basically, the peers painted the reality of the Job as opposed to the fairy tale of the HR and Director.   Answer Question

The peer interview disclosed problems with the management. I could tell how unhappy they were with the management. 2. The cost of health benefits was too expensive. 3. Limited opportunity for service recognition or reward.- performance reviews not tied to pay.

Application

Interview

interview with HR then the department. second interview is with peers or subordinates you managed

Interview Questions

• You have not been in the filed in over 10 years, can you jump back in?   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

Interview

I was first called for a screening interview and then brought in for an in person interview. Because of time constraints I met with the entire team at once (a little overwhelming, but a good experience). Once I was done meeting with the team I meet with HR. I was called soon after an offered a position.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate this time because the rate and position were exactly what I was looking for.

Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital in April 2013.

Interview

2 interviews, hired quickly, good communication. Very impressed by my future boss. It is definitely one of the best outcomes considering that I was part of a group of acquired employees. No regrets at all!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had been told one number and was offered another lower amount. I countered and was satisfied with our compromise