Abington Memorial Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abington Memorial Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at Abington Memorial Hospital

2.6

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital.

Interview

interview with HR then the department. second interview is with peers or subordinates you managed

Interview Questions

• You have not been in the filed in over 10 years, can you jump back in?   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital in April 2013.

Interview

2 interviews, hired quickly, good communication. Very impressed by my future boss. It is definitely one of the best outcomes considering that I was part of a group of acquired employees. No regrets at all!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had been told one number and was offered another lower amount. I countered and was satisfied with our compromise

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Professional, well thought out process. Organized and set up well but recruiter was not prepared and ran over 45 min late to start the interview. She did not have very professional questions to ask - more of a conversation. You could tell she was not prepared and had was not familiar with my resume prior to the interview and could not "find" it during the interview. Waste of my time. Would not want to work for a HR dept. that cant get the interview process right. Other areas of the hospital may be better but not this HR dept. I was also warned by others that this HR dept was less than professional

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you backgroud   1 Answer

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Rigorous process of 3 round interviewing.
    1. HR manager (day 1) if you pass her then,
    2. Documentation Specialist Department Manager (Very nice & approachable woman. She gave me pointers for the third interview. She asked clinical questions and the typical strengths and weaknesses, describe yourself, how would others describe you, & several similar questions that kind of catch you off guard all based on describing yourself thus aiming at figuring out strengths, self-articulation, & character. So, know your synonyms to describe yourself and be thought provoking & ingenious in your answers.
    3. Documentation Specialists on staff (group interview of about 6)-They also ask clinical questions & self-description questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: What lab is done 3 times, one of which is in the ED, when a person is admitted with an MI?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA).

Interview

I first met with HR, then met with someone in the department, then met with the manager of the department. The HR portion was challenging for me as this was my first interview in about 8 years. I answered as best I could, but probably gave a little too much information.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital in November 2009.

Interview

2 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation flat salary based on years nurse

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital.

Interview

The interview process very pretty informal. First, there was a very short interview with HR that had generic behavioral and situational questions related to nursing and otherwise. Next, I met with two nurse managers. It was very unprofessional. One of the nurses was wearing a sweatshirt and was texting when I walked into the room. She continued to do so even after I sat down and began to answer the other nurses' questions. I questioned whether they really wanted me there in the first place or if they were interested in what I had to say at all. I was disappointed as I thought very highly of Abington Memorial Hospital before this experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in March of 2016. HR was extremely unorganized. They even told me the wrong date to come in (thank goodness I followed up to confirm date and time!). HR and Nurse manager with both late. It seemed like I was an inconvenience to them in the HR department.
    The nurse manager was extremely friendly. I almost wish she hadn't been. She kept emphasizing the need for nurses, and the wonderful new grad program that I'd do great in. She seemed super excited to be talking to me and I thought we got along well. It was my FIRST RN interview EVER, so I was nervous, which may have shown and may have hurt me. But she kept filling me with so much hope. Abington was my first choice... So of course I was so crushed when I never heard back. Even after several follow ups.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too complicated. The usual nursing scenario questions.   Answer Question

Clinical Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Easy interview, only call when they are interested for the most part. Very friendly and easy going staff who made you feel comfortable. Be prepared to highlight your skills and discuss what you bring to the team. It is a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Something in your past experience that highlighted your leadership skills   Answer Question

Clinical Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a interview with HR then 2 head nurses. Very nice and respectful. Normal questions. Heard back in a week with offer and then have to go for physical, get fingerprints done for background check then orientation

Interview Questions

• Why did you become a cna? What would you do if someone said they have chest pains? What do you hate and love about this profession?   Answer Question