Abington Memorial Hospital Interview Questions in Pennsylvania | Glassdoor

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA).

Interview

I first met with HR, then met with someone in the department, then met with the manager of the department. The HR portion was challenging for me as this was my first interview in about 8 years. I answered as best I could, but probably gave a little too much information.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in March of 2016. HR was extremely unorganized. They even told me the wrong date to come in (thank goodness I followed up to confirm date and time!). HR and Nurse manager with both late. It seemed like I was an inconvenience to them in the HR department.
    The nurse manager was extremely friendly. I almost wish she hadn't been. She kept emphasizing the need for nurses, and the wonderful new grad program that I'd do great in. She seemed super excited to be talking to me and I thought we got along well. It was my FIRST RN interview EVER, so I was nervous, which may have shown and may have hurt me. But she kept filling me with so much hope. Abington was my first choice... So of course I was so crushed when I never heard back. Even after several follow ups.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too complicated. The usual nursing scenario questions.   Answer Question

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Rigorous process of 3 round interviewing.
    1. HR manager (day 1) if you pass her then,
    2. Documentation Specialist Department Manager (Very nice & approachable woman. She gave me pointers for the third interview. She asked clinical questions and the typical strengths and weaknesses, describe yourself, how would others describe you, & several similar questions that kind of catch you off guard all based on describing yourself thus aiming at figuring out strengths, self-articulation, & character. So, know your synonyms to describe yourself and be thought provoking & ingenious in your answers.
    3. Documentation Specialists on staff (group interview of about 6)-They also ask clinical questions & self-description questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: What lab is done 3 times, one of which is in the ED, when a person is admitted with an MI?   Answer Question

Patient Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Panel interview for new nurses went early in the morning so I only had 3 nurse managers where other people had 8 nurse managers which is unfair in my eyes they each asked a bunch of reasonable questions and we're all very nice, but there was a lot of people interviewing for the positions

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Professional, well thought out process. Organized and set up well but recruiter was not prepared and ran over 45 min late to start the interview. She did not have very professional questions to ask - more of a conversation. You could tell she was not prepared and had was not familiar with my resume prior to the interview and could not "find" it during the interview. Waste of my time. Would not want to work for a HR dept. that cant get the interview process right. Other areas of the hospital may be better but not this HR dept. I was also warned by others that this HR dept was less than professional

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you backgroud   1 Answer

Clinical Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital (Abington, PA) in April 2009.

Interview

Received an email from their HR department asking me to set up a time to interview. Was told I would be interviewing with two people, one from HR and the other from Health Information Systems (HIS). They were very flexible on times and dates, and from then on it was just waiting about a week for the interview itself.

Well, I come in at 2:00 when my interview is at 2:30, and had been told to show up about 10 minutes early to fill out paperwork. Pre-interview paperwork takes about 25 minutes, despite my materials being on-hand, and then I'm called into the actual interview. Instead of a group interview, it turns out to be consecutive interviews with the two individuals, with the HR representative going first. The whole process took 3.5 hours, and both people covered similar territory. Neither had read the online application I submitted, so there were issues right away with compensation, which is never posted on their website. The HR person asked me standard questions like "list three adjectives your former boss would use to describe you" etc., while the HIS person asked more probing, detail-oriented tests surrounding critical thinking and experience.

Many details about the position were not included in the job description, including mandatory on-call time and the campus at which I would be working, which would have impacted my desire to go on the interview in the first place. The organization seems to be going through a major change, with the HIS department totally gutted and hiring on people for AMH itself and a satellite hospital they recently acquired. Was not impressed with the facilities, nor the opacity of the actual interview process. No one ever emailed me back to let me know the status of my employment, except to say that another position which I had not interviewed for was filled.

I would not recommend this organization.

Interview Questions

• What are examples of prior projects you have worked on that were similar to those being undertake at our organization?   1 Answer