About Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.8

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at About (New York, NY).

Interview

An HR rep reached out, then an interview with the Account Manager on the phone, then a interview in person with 3 other members of the team. Took forever to choose an Account Coordinator for a entry level role that didn't require much. Most companies need to learn that most people are not staying in a entry level for an eternity, a year tops. You guys will have to do the process within a year don't take so long to choose someone for a entry level role that pays crap.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at About (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was straightforward. A phone interview and then an onsite interview with 3 people. But they don't have any courtesy to let you know the status of the interview unless you get an offer I think. I did not get any response till now (it has been a month). They should learn from companies such as Facebook, Uber who gives you a call and gives a detailed feedback. These are the companies that takes thousands of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked a design question, and 2 algorithm questions and a hiring manager interview   1 Answer

Quality Team Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at About (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was all done over email. I was recommended by a current employee, and the manager for my department, emailed me back the next day. He sent me a PDF with job requirements and asked me a few questions about experience and my last corporate job. I found it a little unusual because I have never been interviewed entirely by email.

Interview Questions

• Can you detail your experience with SEO processes and working with online images and links?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at About (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews with HR, VP (recently joined) and an analyst were friendly (phone screen); met with VP (in person) - friendly experience so far; and then met with the president in person, and things went bad because I did not fill out my LinkedIn profile with bullet points. Surprisingly, HR printed out my LinkedIn profile as a copy of resume for the president (which only has a high-level summary), and she was not happy about it. I offered a copy of my full resume during the interview at the table, and the president was still not please because my LinkedIn is not filled with bullet points because the president thinks LinkedIn the "new" resume format every job applications should use. In addition, the original interview time was in the morning, and HR reached out to me 45 mins through an email mentioning that the president is running late and needs to be rescheduled. I rescheduled and went in to meet the president, and I did not even get an apology (probably forgot about it). One of the questions I asked were about company restructure and decrease in revenue in Q3 2016 from the Q3 financial report per SEC filing, and the next 1-2 years vision of the company...that's where things went unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions such as tell me an example of a project you did and its impact; what do you know about the company; how do you work best; what do you want in your career (next 3, 5 years)   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at About (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview within a week, which was very short and covered the basics - my customer service and technical experience. Then a day later, I was contacted for an in-person interview with the person who would be supervising me. The interview was pretty standard and lasted about 45 minutes.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at About (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiting manager, then another phone interview a few days later with one of the managers. The recruiter said the interview went well and then requested me to complete a specific project on my own time. After this stage, I was brought in to meet with a developer, the manager, a director, and the CTO. I was asked simple algorithm questions and discussed mostly my background and projects I've worked on. I thought the interview went very well, but I had to wait for them to make their decision. The hiring manager said he would get back to me by a specific date. I sent a few emails over the span of three to four weeks after the date he mentioned. I never heard back from him. Almost a month later I received an automated rejection letter. Overall, I thought the interview process was fairly easy and straight forward. My only complaint is the hiring manager should have been better at communicating to me; that is essentially what he was hired to do.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at About (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved four stages. There was an HR screen followed by a HM screen, both of which lasted for about 30 mins; a take-home test; and in-person interviews. The take-home test was not very difficult and mostly a screener to test problem-solving abilities. They asked me to bring my answers to the in-person interviews and be prepared to discuss them. The in-person interviews were scheduled with 5 people from different teams (i.e. your team's lead, your teammates, other teams' leads who you will be working with) and were mostly relaxed and did not include many taxing questions.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at About (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through college website and then contacted by a recruiter to schedule a onside interview.
    onsite interview: interviewed by three people back to back. The questions are not hard.

Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at About.

Interview

I heard about job. I was introduced to the company and recommended for job. Applied for job. Was accepted as applicant. Went through nine months of competing with others for the job.

Negotiation

Nine months of competing with others for the job.

Front-End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at About in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted from a recruiter and had a 30 minute screening interview. First I was asked to talk about my background and then asked some screening questions. After he asked me to walk through some code in my project. I did and the interviewer said that he did not have a technical background so he did not really understand what I was explaining.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to walk through code for someone who did not know how to code.   Answer Question