Abt Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Washington, DC).

Interview

Worked with a recruiter from HR who set up each interview. The first interview was a phone interview with the director of the team. We discussed my experience/skills, the position, and my career aspirations. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and was quite enjoyable. The HR recruiter had very positive feedback for me after that interview, indicating the director's interest was high, and scheduled an in person interview with 3 members of the team. That interview was a panel interview, during which each person asked me specific questions about my resume. That lasted about an hour. The recruiter again had only positive feedback for me after that interview. The last interview was a bit of a surprise, because the recruiter, who had been very communicative and open with me, hadn't told me anyone else would reach out. However, someone else from the team contacted me saying they had "come across" my resume and asked if we could set up a time to chat. This email made it seem like the chat would be very casual but this phone interview was probably the more intense interview of the whole process. The interviewer asked about my academic qualifications, names of professors I worked with, and wanted to know about the rigor of my classes. Unlike the other interviews, this one felt less like a conversation and more like constant grilling. After this interview, I followed up with the recruiter several times, and he told me that the team still hadn't made a decision yet.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me why you'd like to leave your current job for this one.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abt Associates in June 2017.

Interview

Started with a brief phone call, ~30 min. The next step was an in person. The recruiter indicated I would have to fly cross country within the week for the in person, all on my own dime. If I got the position, they would ask me to relocate within the week but did not offer relocation assistance. For those reasons I declined the in-person

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Rockville, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Someone from HR contacted me. The staff were very nice. Two of the three interviewers were very nice and asked fair questions. One seemed like he did not want to be there, asked only one or two obscure questions. He seemed more interested in going to lunch. Unfortunately for me, he was the one that ran the program. It took them 2 months to inform me that although I had good qualifications, they had found someone that was a better fit. I was really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specifics about my experience and knowledge about the position.   Answer Question

Associate Finance and Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

I was originally contacted by a recruiter and didn't hear back from him after I set up an interview time. A while later, I was contacted by another recruiter who mentioned that they "condensed and redistributed" some jobs and that he would be my recruiter. It was odd, but I didn't ask any questions. They didn't give me a lot of time to prepare (wanted an interview within 2-3 days) and it was frustrating since I had to give a sudden notice to my current position.

The interview itself was ok. I had 3 people interview me as a panel. They really dug deep about my past experiences. However, at some point, I felt as if they were trying to persuade me to not take the job. It's definitely a different type of position than what I'm used to, but I applied because I knew about the company and the job posting. Also, one of the interviewers was a bit rude. She wanted me to remember specific details from a job I worked for 6 months more than a year ago. When I couldn't remember anything she had a side conversation with another interviewer and said how she knows specific laws/regulations and that the person for the position would need to know them as well.

Anyway, I wasn't happy with the interview and sought after another position. I never heard back from them, which also left me with a negative impression since I expect them to email me to at least let me know that I didn't get the job.

Financial and Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Contacted by HR, an on-site interview is set up on next Monday in Bethesda office. Met with 3 managers, they basically only asked what I did with my last position. They appreciated USAID working experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a verbal after one week. Still waiting for an official offer. (More than 2 weeks now) Hiring process is really slow.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied the position in November, and got the interview invitation next Feb. I was firstly contacted by the recruiting coordinator to set up the interview time, and interviewed by HR recruiter, which was the first round. I then was interview by the HR recruiting team manager, and got the internship opportunity afterwards. I guess that since my position was in the HR department, I was not interviewed by the director for another around, because the manager was kind the same.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the company   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

It was pretty informal for the informational interview. The interview with higher management was good, but they asked tough questions. Probably wanted to see how I could think on my feet and form an answer to a difficult question.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a Minister of Finance in order to convince them to devote more resources to health.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, based on glassdoor and discussions with colleagues in the industry. I was in a strong negotiating position because I wasn't looking for a job.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I was referred into the company by one of the clients of the company. Had to interview with supervisor and President of company. This interview and my position with the company was many years ago. The interview experience was ok.

Interview Questions

• My position with the company was many years ago. One thing I was asked by the President was to name 3 books that I read recently.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with 4 to 5 different interviews. I met them one at a time. Each interviewer has 30 minutes with me. They came in with my resume in hand. They questioned a few of my experiences. They definitely look for relevant skills necessary for the job. I was able to go in detail about each of my experiences. I was able to show that I know the skills listed on my resume. I also discussed how I have applied my skills in different projects. They seem to be impressed with the fact that I take initiative, learn independently, and know my material. Organization is important. The interview was overall fun.

Interview Questions

• How do you take notes?
      How is your field related to this specific experience?
      Describe this specific skill listed on your resume.
      What are your strengths?
      How are you a good team member?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Three interviewers ask questions one by one. One lady focused more behavioral questions. One senior people ask more research experiences and technical questions. The last person ask question about the percentage of administrative work out of total work you would be willing to take.