Abt Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Abt Associates Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2018

2.9

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abt Associates.

Interview

The interview was first on the phone with the HR rep, then in person with some groups from the office/different teams, and finally over the phone again for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a quantitative project you worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

The HR called and ask to discuss about the position that I am interested in. A HR staff asked me by email about my availability to receive a phone call, and set up a date and time to proceed the call

Interview Questions

• Introduce myself. What I can bring to the team? How soon I can finish my job at hand and start to work for them. What do I need for sponsorship   1 Answer

Analyst, Social and Economic Policy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Durham, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

I was granted a phone interview, and then an in-person interview. I was told I would hear back in two weeks and then I never heard back, even after following up several times.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about research experiences, tell us a time when you worked in a group   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who then scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a WebEX interview with the person who would be my supervisor. Overall it was a pretty normal process.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of December and was asked to do an in-person interview at the end of January. The interview was about an hour long and pretty straightforward. The two members of the team I interviewed with were very nice, encouraging, and responsive to my answers.

After my interview, I sent a follow-up thank you note to my Recruiter to thank her and pass along a note to my interviewers. No response. After a couple of weeks, I followed up again with my Recruiter to check on the progress of my application. Again, I received no response. I found this lack of response really unprofessional after investing time and money to come in, especially since I was very excited about the opportunity and the organization. It was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Let's go through your resume and describe to me some of your experiences that qualify you for this particular role.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates in December 2017.

Interview

There was one twenty minute interview over the phone, then an hour long interview in person. The phone interview is very simple. They ask you about you and your experiences. Off of those answers they’ll ask a couple of general questions. Then you’re able to ask any questions you want. They’ll also be transparent about salary ranges in the first interview. The second interview depends on who the position is for, but they’ll take you in to talk to a team for an hour. They’ll specifically ask you what your goals are and how you want to grow through the company.

Interview Questions

• What experiences make you qualified for this position. If it’s the innperson interview they’ll just tease out your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Washington, DC).

Interview

Worked with a recruiter from HR who set up each interview. The first interview was a phone interview with the director of the team. We discussed my experience/skills, the position, and my career aspirations. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and was quite enjoyable. The HR recruiter had very positive feedback for me after that interview, indicating the director's interest was high, and scheduled an in person interview with 3 members of the team. That interview was a panel interview, during which each person asked me specific questions about my resume. That lasted about an hour. The recruiter again had only positive feedback for me after that interview. The last interview was a bit of a surprise, because the recruiter, who had been very communicative and open with me, hadn't told me anyone else would reach out. However, someone else from the team contacted me saying they had "come across" my resume and asked if we could set up a time to chat. This email made it seem like the chat would be very casual but this phone interview was probably the more intense interview of the whole process. The interviewer asked about my academic qualifications, names of professors I worked with, and wanted to know about the rigor of my classes. Unlike the other interviews, this one felt less like a conversation and more like constant grilling. After this interview, I followed up with the recruiter several times, and he told me that the team still hadn't made a decision yet.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me why you'd like to leave your current job for this one.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abt Associates in June 2017.

Interview

Started with a brief phone call, ~30 min. The next step was an in person. The recruiter indicated I would have to fly cross country within the week for the in person, all on my own dime. If I got the position, they would ask me to relocate within the week but did not offer relocation assistance. For those reasons I declined the in-person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Rockville, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Someone from HR contacted me. The staff were very nice. Two of the three interviewers were very nice and asked fair questions. One seemed like he did not want to be there, asked only one or two obscure questions. He seemed more interested in going to lunch. Unfortunately for me, he was the one that ran the program. It took them 2 months to inform me that although I had good qualifications, they had found someone that was a better fit. I was really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specifics about my experience and knowledge about the position.   Answer Question

Associate Finance and Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

I was originally contacted by a recruiter and didn't hear back from him after I set up an interview time. A while later, I was contacted by another recruiter who mentioned that they "condensed and redistributed" some jobs and that he would be my recruiter. It was odd, but I didn't ask any questions. They didn't give me a lot of time to prepare (wanted an interview within 2-3 days) and it was frustrating since I had to give a sudden notice to my current position.

The interview itself was ok. I had 3 people interview me as a panel. They really dug deep about my past experiences. However, at some point, I felt as if they were trying to persuade me to not take the job. It's definitely a different type of position than what I'm used to, but I applied because I knew about the company and the job posting. Also, one of the interviewers was a bit rude. She wanted me to remember specific details from a job I worked for 6 months more than a year ago. When I couldn't remember anything she had a side conversation with another interviewer and said how she knows specific laws/regulations and that the person for the position would need to know them as well.

Anyway, I wasn't happy with the interview and sought after another position. I never heard back from them, which also left me with a negative impression since I expect them to email me to at least let me know that I didn't get the job.