Abt Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Lengthy interview process - takes about 4-5 hours. The difficulty level depends solely on the specific group that is hiring. Could be hard, could be very easy. The interview involved half an hour segments with multiple people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

It was pretty informal for the informational interview. The interview with higher management was good, but they asked tough questions. Probably wanted to see how I could think on my feet and form an answer to a difficult question.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a Minister of Finance in order to convince them to devote more resources to health.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, based on glassdoor and discussions with colleagues in the industry. I was in a strong negotiating position because I wasn't looking for a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of December and was asked to do an in-person interview at the end of January. The interview was about an hour long and pretty straightforward. The two members of the team I interviewed with were very nice, encouraging, and responsive to my answers.

After my interview, I sent a follow-up thank you note to my Recruiter to thank her and pass along a note to my interviewers. No response. After a couple of weeks, I followed up again with my Recruiter to check on the progress of my application. Again, I received no response. I found this lack of response really unprofessional after investing time and money to come in, especially since I was very excited about the opportunity and the organization. It was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Let's go through your resume and describe to me some of your experiences that qualify you for this particular role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in September 2010.

Interview

I received an initial e-mail to setup a panel interview and it ended up being my only interview. I interviewed with 3 directors of a team. Directors were extremely personable and genuinely want to get to know you. They were very open to answering all my questions regarding their work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience in project management.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you planned something and it backfired.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates in October 2011.

Interview

I applied to a position posted on Abt's website that I found out about through a friend. I applied for the position and was interviewed by my future manager as well as a member of HR. Two rounds of interviews, followed by contact from HR with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• I have forgotten at this point. I don't remember any trick questions being asked. All pretty straightforward. They did have me meet with every member of the team on the second interview to discuss what they're doing and how I might be able to assist.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't do much negotiation, it was my first job out of school. I did review salaries on LinkedIn and feel I was given a competitive first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and we set up an interview 3 weeks into the future at their office. I videoconferenced with 4 employees and had 1 in-person interview over a span of 3 hours. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and laid back, which comforted me (probably a bit too much now that I think of it). A majority of the time the employees described the culture of the organization and their day to day processes. When they did ask questions, it was simple behavioral questions and experience straight from my resume. Every employee mentioned at least one time that they were impressed with the experiences I had described and thought it was admirable I had worked multiple internships while in graduate school. I got a semi-verbal offer before I left my final interview, but when I followed up a week later, I was told that the hiring team felt as if my skills did not match this position. I was really upset that I did not get this position, it seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to get a Ph.D? Why did you choose the writing sample you did?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

First round is four individual interviews, it takes several hours, and is not very efficient. Each person asks the same questions - would make sense to do this in a panel interview. Everyone is incredibly charming and intelligent. Nobody with the exception of the HR person responds to emails. The HR person will talk your ear off, but is not very helpful when it comes down to the details.

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a 100 page report and asked you to summarize it overnight, what would your process be? I found this to be a strange and vague question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed three times on separate occasions - received great feedback from office VP and US Health VP, only to be told they wouldn't be hiring for another two months. Kept following-up via email, and when I inquired about when decisions would be made I never received an email back. The office atmosphere was moderately welcoming and quite stark. I would not recommend any one to apply for this company after they wasted my time, and essentially led me on for months. My main concern is why invite candidates back for consecutive interviews (especially with execs) when you are not hiring?

Interview Questions

• No questions were extremely difficult, as they all pertained to past experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and set up to meet with five employees. The HR rep was first and she had pretty standard interview questions, beginning with, "why do you want to work at Abt?" Then I met with the SEP Division Director and she asked me about my background and interest in specific practice areas. I then met with other members of the SEP team who wanted more detailed as to my professional experience and skills (including quant analysis).

Everyone was very warm and devoted to their work.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to sell your approach to the rest of the team? Tell me about your biggest regret in a professional setting.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Fit questions, resume questions, discussions of experience

Interview Questions

• There were not any unexpected or difficult questions. Especially for the fit questions, they were the basic "Tell me about a time you faced a challenge or disagreed with your manager; Tell me about your greatest accomplishment; Do you prefer to work in large teams or small teams or by yourself?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

One round of negotiations with point HR person