Abt Associates Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Washington, DC).

Interview

Worked with a recruiter from HR who set up each interview. The first interview was a phone interview with the director of the team. We discussed my experience/skills, the position, and my career aspirations. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and was quite enjoyable. The HR recruiter had very positive feedback for me after that interview, indicating the director's interest was high, and scheduled an in person interview with 3 members of the team. That interview was a panel interview, during which each person asked me specific questions about my resume. That lasted about an hour. The recruiter again had only positive feedback for me after that interview. The last interview was a bit of a surprise, because the recruiter, who had been very communicative and open with me, hadn't told me anyone else would reach out. However, someone else from the team contacted me saying they had "come across" my resume and asked if we could set up a time to chat. This email made it seem like the chat would be very casual but this phone interview was probably the more intense interview of the whole process. The interviewer asked about my academic qualifications, names of professors I worked with, and wanted to know about the rigor of my classes. Unlike the other interviews, this one felt less like a conversation and more like constant grilling. After this interview, I followed up with the recruiter several times, and he told me that the team still hadn't made a decision yet.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me why you'd like to leave your current job for this one.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abt Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Rockville, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Someone from HR contacted me. The staff were very nice. Two of the three interviewers were very nice and asked fair questions. One seemed like he did not want to be there, asked only one or two obscure questions. He seemed more interested in going to lunch. Unfortunately for me, he was the one that ran the program. It took them 2 months to inform me that although I had good qualifications, they had found someone that was a better fit. I was really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specifics about my experience and knowledge about the position.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates.

Interview

Preliminary contact by HR began one month after application was submitted. Teleconference interview was scheduled for the following week. Interview lasted about an hour. Panel consisted of 4 members of technical team. It was pretty straightforward. My HR contact was very responsive, prompt, readily available. They chose another candidate, and I was informed in one week.
    It was a pretty straightforward process. No problems.

Interview Questions

• Questions were nontechnical. Hardest questions were the "list 3" types. Eg. list the 3 most important skills for this position. With a panel of 4, obviously, the answer will not please everyone.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abt Associates.

Interview

Initial communication was straight forward. I received an email from HR informing me that they would like to schedule an interview. My first interview was immediately with the team I would be working for. The interviewers asked the usual questions about experience and skill set. I felt at ease taking to the team and answering their questions. Their demeanor was professional but there were a few candid moments, which helped break the ice and allowed for a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect them to say that I was over qualify for the job. They asked me to build an argument on why they would accept me and what I would to enhance the position if offered to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

The best way to get your resume looked at is an employee referral. Employees get a bonus if they successfully help recruit someone (which is great in terms of your contact actually helping you through the hiring process). I found a job I wanted, did the online application, then my friend shared my application materials with her project director. Within about two weeks I had an interview. It was with the project director, and two other senior staff. It only lasted about 40 minutes, and the questions were pretty standard (skill specific questions related to the job, and questions meant to gauge your ability to be a team player and multitask.

They were upfront with me about the fact that after about three months at Abt, you are responsible for finding your own coverage. I got an offer within a few days. The whole process took about a month, and was very straightforward. Abt does have a tendency to hire people at a level beneath they should, but you can get promoted very quickly here.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't get negotiate - it was a 10,000 dollar raise from my previous position, and I was fine with that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

Bethesda office is nice, the interviewer was nice, very courteous, professional.