Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant (Tyler, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, about 36 hours later got a call to have an interview two days later. Hired on the spot, set me up with an orientation day about 4 days later. 6 days of training, starting with shadowing hosts and bussers, two follow shifts, two reverse follow shifts and to get signed off on you have to wait on a manager. 3 menu tests

Interview Questions

• You just took drink orders from your table and they were also ready to order food. Your section partner asks for your help to run their food. What do you do next?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

The application has to be filled out online, unless you don't speak fluent English. If so, they have paper applications in the store. After I submitted my application, I called the store and talked to a manager saying that I was interested in a job. He then looked at it and called me for an interview the following Monday. The interview is just you trying to convince the boss that you have experience. After he hires you, there is a week long training process with vigorous menu tests that you cannot miss a day to. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant (Plano, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Very Simple interview process they pretty much hire everyone because they have a lot of test and training to get through before your a full fledged server. The training takes about 2 weeks to complete maybe even faster however I did not work full time as I had another job so took me the entirety of the 2 weeks to get through it .

Interview Questions

• Have your ever been a server before at another restaurant?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant.

Interview

They placed an advertisement on Craigslist for a job working at Abuelo's. A manager asked me a bunch of questions about why I wanted to be a server. Then I took an exam that lasted about two hours, and the manager told me to wait a while before they got back to me. They called me like a week later, and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to be a server?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

Typical good time mon-wed 2-4 is the best time to go in. Personality test is must pass. You can take the test online before applying would be recommended. Submitting an application is also available online or in store. I personally prefer to go in and turn my application so I have a better chance of meeting the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant (Lubbock, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

When I went in I sat down with the shift manager and he asked about my history. After I told him about my previous jobs he gave me three to four packets of tests such as personality, math, and behavioural tests. when I finished I turned them in and he graded them. The next day he called and asked if I could come in to talk about training.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant (Peoria, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

You have to take a ridiculously long test. This test includes a lot of math questions and vocabulary questions. It does not really make sense to me why you would need to take this test as a server. The training process was pretty difficult. They test you on every ingredient in each dish on the menu.

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant (Merrillville, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Why do you like serving? How do you work with a team?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant (Midland, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

The staff seemed very friendly. They set up the interview right away. When I came in for the interview they asked a little about my work history. They then set up a test for you to take testing your iq and your personality. The test was easy enough but it takes a really long time. If you can pass the test then you will probably get hired.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant (Plano, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Applied online and was called the next day to interview. Went to interview with assistant GM. Filled out written application and took personality test. Test a little lengthy but easy. AGM was friendly with just a few basic questions about my background, what hours/days I was available, ect. There was only the one interview and was offered the position on the spot. Training started that Saturday. Easy process and a pretty fun place to work too.

Interview Questions

• What hours and days are you available?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little about your previous restaurant experience?   Answer Question
    • There were a couple of "What if?" scenario questions but they were easy and weren't trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Industry standard for server position.