Academic Advantage NCLB Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academic Advantage NCLB Tutor Interview Questions

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

A company representative called me and said that they had seen my resume online: Would I like to work for them? I was excited after being unemployed for over a year. The wait for orientation was a long one, and orientation was located in Los Angeles. There were no interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered $16 per hour to be paid as an independent contractor with no compensation for fuel, prep time, or supplies needed.

Other Interview Reviews for Academic Advantage

NCLB Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Academic Advantage in October 2013.

Interview

Was called by a person from NCLB. Told to log on to there WEB site for a 2 hour webinar. After that a 4 hour orientation. Fingerprint clearance and TB shot. Three weeks later I started.

Negotiation

Ask for $20.00 per hour.

NCLB Tutor Interview

Interview

I came back to work with the company. I had a phone interview. My fingerprints were valid and I submitted a new TB test. I came into the office for an orientation and re-learned the paperwork and tutoring guidelines. I was assigned students after the orientation and began tutoring the following day.

NCLB Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Advantage.

Interview

I was called and given a phone interview about two months after I actually applied for the job. My interviewer was a very nice guy who really liked how enthusiastic I was about tutoring kids. I was asked questions about my experience, my schedule, if I could allot a certain number of hours a week to tutoring, wether or not I had reliable transportation, etc. He asked some questions about how I would work with an unmotivated student, how to motivate them, what my idea of a positive role model is and so on. I also had to complete a simple English test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

One of the recruiters give you a call, if you qualify, they will tell you to attend a 2 day orientation, then they will assign you a student list.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing about the job is making sure you are highly organized.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase, they just said 17.00 an hour is standard.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Called to come in for a presentation about the position and got the job.

Negotiation

N.A

NCLB Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academic Advantage.

Interview

Phone Interview by a recruiter. I had my resume online. I received a call, and set a date to go in for orientation. Also took a math and Reading exam online, it is at about an 8th grade level.You get your finger prints done, if you pass the background check, you can start working.

NCLB Tutor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academic Advantage in October 2011.

Interview

Easy craigslist application

Negotiation

There was no negotiating

NCLB Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Academic Advantage in November 2010.

Interview

I heard about this tutoring company, and applied online. They called me about a week later, and conducted a phone interview, three days after that I was scheduled to go into the office to do another interview and training. The training was long but very informative, they gave me several packets that were reviewed and instructions on how to do the job. The job consisted of tutoring and turning in forms proving the tutoring that was done. Since I was going to be working with children, they asked for fingerprints and did a background check. The pay is about $17 to 20; worth it, and a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• what is your educational background, and do you have any experience of certification with working with special education children?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you want a part time job that pays well, apply to this tutoring job.