Academic Partnerships Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.5

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was a highly qualified internal candidate. I applied internally and it took 2 weeks to hear back about a possible interview and that wasn't until after I messaged 3 different superiors and 2 people in HR over the course of the 2 weeks. Once I heard back from the interviewer, the interview went great. It was scheduled for about 30 minutes and lasted an hour. There was great rapport built both ways and both of us asked a lot of thoughtful, engaging questions. I demonstrated my ability to excel in this role along with my vast knowledge of the industry, relationship building, and the sales process. The interviewer seemed genuinely impressed and pleased with my answers. I was told me the next steps and to expect a call for the next round of interviews...which never came.

After the initial interview I sent a thank you email. I didn't hear back in a week so I sent a follow up inquiry. Two weeks pass and I call, leave a message, and send another inquiry email as to the next round of interviews. Week three comes around and 1 more call and email from me, still nothing from them. Finally, week 4 comes and I check the internal job posting which by that time was deleted from the system. I sent one final thank you email and asked for input about my interview, no response was given. The total process took 6 weeks and communication only occurred once on their end. I didn't even receive a rejection notice via phone, email, internal memo, or personal conversation from anyone within the organization.

They say they like to promote from within but this is only the case for people that are friends with the hiring managers. While you understandably want to work with people you like and trust, less qualified applications always get the roles that their friends are interviewing them for despite how unqualified they might be. They would rather hire from outside the organization for most positions because they have little faith in their own employees as they offer zero employee development. You are responsible for your own development.

Interview Questions

• None that i remember specifically. They were general sales and relationship building questions.   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

An HR representative reached out to me within a week of applying to have an informal phone interview. Good questions, very get-to-know-you. Scheduled a video call interview with the supervisor for the next week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you successfully addresses an issue that your customers had.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me about an interview. The HR was easy and quick. He said he would forward his notes to the hiring manager and would hear something within 48 hours to setup an interview. 3 days later I hadn't heard anything, so I sent a gentle email and within an hour I had an interview date and time. The interview was reschedule once because of a scheduling conflict, which was not a big deal. The interview itself was only schedule for 30 minutes, it lasted an hour and it was a fantastic interview. I really enjoyed speaking to the hiring manager. The hiring manager wanted to continue the conversation and wanted to setup another interview soon. I waited to hear from HR again, but I've heard nothing. So I called, and heard that someone would be in touch very soon to setup the next interview. Since then, 3 weeks later, I've heard nothing. I believe this would have been a great fit and a wonderful opportunity.

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter and that went really well. I was advised that I would I have a phone screening with IT and that did not go well at all. The IT interviewer was 33 minutes late for the call and mislead me to believe that he would pass me on to the next step in the interview process.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

External recruiter reached out about position and moved me forward to AP recruiter. Gave me name of the recruiter to schedule a call with. Recruiter with AP did not follow up with several emails. Emailed external recruiter and learned they quit. When finally connected with AP recruiter, he did not know much about the position, who the hiring manager was, and stumbled in a unprofessional way about the company history, etc. It was just an overall negative experience and poor reflection of recruiter and company. AP is not getting the right people because of poor recruitment process and not screening candidates thoroughly.

Interview Questions

Academic Partnerships Response

Oct 28, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting & HR Services

Thanks for letting us know about your experience working through a staffing agency for a position with AP. We partner with several agencies on both technical and industry positions, and wish that... More

Vice President of Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was told that they were going to bring me in to interview with other folks. I did not hear from AP and after several emails and phone calls, they told me there were going to pass on me. Its frustrating, but after reading all the negative comments about the company, it was a blessing in disguise as I have a better job and pay than I would have if I went to work at AP. I would not even recommend anyone to that company, based on the information here.

Interview Questions

• Just the standard stuff, how I would build the business.   Answer Question

Executive Director-Business Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships.

Interview

Not your typical interview. Management seemed desperate to hire.The manager interviewing would not fully answer questions I was asking concerning expenses I would have to pay for. I was never told the salary but was offered the job. Probably the strangest interview I have ever had. The candidate is suppose to be the one that closes for the job. When a manager is closing you but can't answer the questions you ask, it is a red flag.

Interview Questions

The hiring manager could not answer the questions I asked. He seemed as though he was hiding something.

Feb 22, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting & HR Services

Thanks for providing us with information regarding your recent interview. While our managers are motivated to hire the right candidates, making an offer without salary information or fully... More

Anon Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships.

Interview

I applied online and received a call pretty quickly. I had two phone interviews. In one interview, it was mentioned that two people in the department (same job I was interviewing for) had left within the last month... usually a pretty big red flag. I was still interested in learning more, though. I sent thank yous/follow-ups to both and never heard back and then saw the job re-post a few times. Pretty unprofessional. If I'm not the right fit, fine. But have the professionalism and decency to tell your potential hires that and stop wasting their time. In fact, during the interview, they kept telling me why my background seemed like a great fit for the position. Why do these hiring managers continue to lie to people like this? It's not benefiting anyone. From the sound of the reviews, I dodged a bullet. Best of luck to them.

Vice President of Sales Interview

Interview

Headhunter and met with individual I would be replacing. Very good experience. Thorough questions. Enjoyed the time with the direct employee and greeting to know them and what they are looking for. Very dedicated to the vision and mission of the organization.
    Second interview with executives. Good experience in meeting them as well. Decided to take another offer that fit my level of experience and background. Owner is inspirational and took the time to introduce himself and the vision of the organization.

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships.

Interview

Met with one of the Managers that would be hiring for the position, there were supposed to be two people I would interview with and only one showed up and he arrived late to see me. I waited for about 10-15 minutes until someone finally arrived. I was insulted by the manager and then he went to the restroom and came back and ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was insulted because my resume and portfolio could not validate, on his side, what I can bring to the company experience wise. He said that he was being upfront but my work shows my accomplishments and he could not see that. Then he excused himself to go use the restroom and came back and finished the interview in a few minutes. I told the recruiter that I had no interest and that it was the worst interview I had ever been to.   Answer Question

Jun 24, 2015 – Manager, Recruiting & HR Services

Thank you for posting your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your poor interview experience. AP is committed to giving each candidate a proper consideration and creating a positive experience... More