Academic Partnerships Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Academic Partnerships

2.6

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Phone interview then a panel interview format with two members of management. The phone interview is key specifically for high call volume roles. Be sure to use have good energy tone, and annunciation when you speak to them. They preferably want people who have some sense of service about them and want to help others so communicate that in the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this job?   1 Answer

University Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter for Academic Partnerships to schedule a phone screening. Initial email exchange/scheduling was easy.

Once the time of my phone screening arrived, the recruiter never called. I waited 30 minutes, then sent the recruiter an email. She replied back within a few minutes and apologized, stating her day became a little hectic and she was stuck in meeting.

Understandable.

We rescheduled for later that same afternoon.

Once the new time arrived, I was by my phone... ready and prepared. Guess what? The recruiter flaked AGAIN. That's twice in one day.

By this point I was extremely irritated and appalled at the total lack on professionalism and consideration for other people's time.

I emailed the recruiter again and expressed how disappointed I was with the entire process.

I was already leery about this company based on the reviews current and previous employees have left online. I'm no longer interested in employment with Academic Partnership because of this unprofessional experience.

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships.

Interview

Could have been a good opportunity but internal communications were so chaotic that I didn’t feel comfortable enough to take the risk. I went through a series of phone and video interviews. Interviews were set up with less than 24 hours notice. Interviewers were always late. When I received an offer it was below what HR said was base salary. When I respectfully mentioned that and noted my years of experience the person offering told me that there was another applicant with more experience but that she could meet the salary expectation already set forth by HR. It’s seemed very odd that she even bothered mentioning another applicant. Seemed a bit off putting and unprofessional. From that point forward communication was lacking. I was supposed to receive an offer letter by the next day. After a few days had passed I reached out to let them know I could not resign from my current position without the formal offer and benefits package to look over. I was promised to hear back by end of day and three more days passed. In that gap of time I started to research this company even further because something felt off. If you’re coming from a for-profit educational background many of the things you read with a thorough google search may remind you of that environment but with this company. In the time that they dragged their feet over a few thousand bucks or just total lack of internal communication I found another opportunity. They finally sent a formal offer nearly a full week prior to giving a verbal offer and by that point I was no longer interested. While the lure of working from home for a decent salary was tempting... their educational benefits for a company who’s business is education were significantly lacking.

I’m sure people have had success here and that it’s not all that bad. Seems like an exciting industry to be apart of. But, with being remote I didn’t feel confident that their disorganized behavior wouldn’t continue. I would enter this position with caution - but don’t rule it out if you are lacking other opportunities.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one onsite interview.
    Never heard back from them after the interview.
    I tried emailing them, but didn't get response either.
    One month later, they told me they didn't have the budget for the position.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone call with HR. I first missed the email confirming the time from the HR person and had to reschedule. I did speak to HR - they asked my salary range and after looking at the industry average and having ALL of the required qualifications I was 10,000 to much. We discussed the drive to downtown. There is no flexibility of schedule or remote working option. They asked what I had made previously and I refused to answer. Not a good fit for either of us- for sure.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous salary?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Phone then in person; Each Interviewer just wanted "FREE answers to solve their marketing problems - they weren't interested in your experience, qualifications - its all a big joke.

Data Science and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 rounds.
    First round was a basic hr round.
    The second round was a case study round with the VP of the department.
    In the third round I was asked to analyse a dataset and do a small presentation at their office.

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

In short, there was no process. HR called for a phone screen without scheduling a time to call. HR then scheduled a phone screen with the hiring manger, who never called at the designated time despite me attempting to confirm the interview time with HR (never received a response). Four weeks later, had not heard back despite repeated requests. I am a professional and an attorney and expect to be treated as such; however, such professionalism (not to mention communication) seems to be entirely lacking in this company. Strongly do not recommend for anyone with a modicum of self respect. Very disappointed that employers feel it’s ok to treat prospective employees this way.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Springs, FL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Miami Springs, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

Not organized. Did not tell you if you got it or not. The entire process took over 4 months. They did not seem like they knew what they were doing. After I told my HR friend of this experience, she said that this company is a red flag and I shouldn’t consider them.

Interview Questions

• How would the position that you have now, help you with this position?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Did not like it at all. Went through the phone interview. I thought I did pretty good. But the lady sounded like she was just ready to get it over with. Like she did not care about her job. Haven't heard from them since.