Academic Partnerships Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academic Partnerships Interview Questions

Interviews at Academic Partnerships

2.6

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships.

Interview

Met with one of the Managers that would be hiring for the position, there were supposed to be two people I would interview with and only one showed up and he arrived late to see me. I waited for about 10-15 minutes until someone finally arrived. I was insulted by the manager and then he went to the restroom and came back and ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was insulted because my resume and portfolio could not validate, on his side, what I can bring to the company experience wise. He said that he was being upfront but my work shows my accomplishments and he could not see that. Then he excused himself to go use the restroom and came back and finished the interview in a few minutes. I told the recruiter that I had no interest and that it was the worst interview I had ever been to.   Answer Question

Academic Partnerships Response

Jun 24, 2015 – Manager, Recruiting & HR Services

Thank you for posting your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your poor interview experience. AP is committed to giving each candidate a proper consideration and creating a positive experience... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy interview process with basic questions there weren't really in depth. Interviewer was rather bland and HR kinda took it from there. The day to day of the job sounded rather bland so I wouldn't be excited if there were wasn't a shifting day to day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Phone then in person; Each Interviewer just wanted "FREE answers to solve their marketing problems - they weren't interested in your experience, qualifications - its all a big joke.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewed via phone in 2012 and came in a few weeks later for an in-person interview. Company was in the process of moving, so they put a hold on hiring. They had me come back several months later and interview again. Interviewed and was offered the job within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Questions were normal for my level. I did not encounter any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated and received my counter.

Vice President of Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was told that they were going to bring me in to interview with other folks. I did not hear from AP and after several emails and phone calls, they told me there were going to pass on me. Its frustrating, but after reading all the negative comments about the company, it was a blessing in disguise as I have a better job and pay than I would have if I went to work at AP. I would not even recommend anyone to that company, based on the information here.

Interview Questions

• Just the standard stuff, how I would build the business.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Did not like it at all. Went through the phone interview. I thought I did pretty good. But the lady sounded like she was just ready to get it over with. Like she did not care about her job. Haven't heard from them since.

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

An HR representative reached out to me within a week of applying to have an informal phone interview. Good questions, very get-to-know-you. Scheduled a video call interview with the supervisor for the next week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you successfully addresses an issue that your customers had.   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

External recruiter reached out about position and moved me forward to AP recruiter. Gave me name of the recruiter to schedule a call with. Recruiter with AP did not follow up with several emails. Emailed external recruiter and learned they quit. When finally connected with AP recruiter, he did not know much about the position, who the hiring manager was, and stumbled in a unprofessional way about the company history, etc. It was just an overall negative experience and poor reflection of recruiter and company. AP is not getting the right people because of poor recruitment process and not screening candidates thoroughly.

Interview Questions

Academic Partnerships Response

Oct 28, 2016 – Manager, Recruiting & HR Services

Thanks for letting us know about your experience working through a staffing agency for a position with AP. We partner with several agencies on both technical and industry positions, and wish that... More

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me about an interview. The HR was easy and quick. He said he would forward his notes to the hiring manager and would hear something within 48 hours to setup an interview. 3 days later I hadn't heard anything, so I sent a gentle email and within an hour I had an interview date and time. The interview was reschedule once because of a scheduling conflict, which was not a big deal. The interview itself was only schedule for 30 minutes, it lasted an hour and it was a fantastic interview. I really enjoyed speaking to the hiring manager. The hiring manager wanted to continue the conversation and wanted to setup another interview soon. I waited to hear from HR again, but I've heard nothing. So I called, and heard that someone would be in touch very soon to setup the next interview. Since then, 3 weeks later, I've heard nothing. I believe this would have been a great fit and a wonderful opportunity.

Anon Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Partnerships.

Interview

I applied online and received a call pretty quickly. I had two phone interviews. In one interview, it was mentioned that two people in the department (same job I was interviewing for) had left within the last month... usually a pretty big red flag. I was still interested in learning more, though. I sent thank yous/follow-ups to both and never heard back and then saw the job re-post a few times. Pretty unprofessional. If I'm not the right fit, fine. But have the professionalism and decency to tell your potential hires that and stop wasting their time. In fact, during the interview, they kept telling me why my background seemed like a great fit for the position. Why do these hiring managers continue to lie to people like this? It's not benefiting anyone. From the sound of the reviews, I dodged a bullet. Best of luck to them.