AcademicWorks Senior Ruby On Rails Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AcademicWorks Senior Ruby On Rails Software Developer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at AcademicWorks

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Ruby On Rails Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AcademicWorks (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

When the recruiter submitted my resume for this position, the company immediately scheduled an on-site interview with me for the next day. The recruiter was very nice to me and explained what they were looking for, what technologies they used and recommended how to prepare, what questions might be etc. I expected a normal technical interview and stayed up until 2am, reading about their technologies. The interview was with the Director of Engineering, for over an hour, 95% of the time him talking about the company with a fake smile on his face, very little questions about my resume. I asked questions, and from the answers their management style sounded disorganized, impatient, micromanaging, not listening to people's opinions. There was supposed to be a second interviewer, one of the founders, but he wasn't available, even though the interview was scheduled with those 2 people a day before. After that the recruiter told me that it was just the first step and I didn't pass it. They have a multistep process, the first one is "meet and greet", the next one is a technical interview for 4 hours (the team is 3 people - Director of Engineering and 2 Juniors), and I don't know what after. I apparently didn't "pass" the "meet and greet" talking. I was told they had 3 more candidates but I saw the ad reposted by the recruiting agency a few days later, and an earlier ad by another agency. Just wasted my time.

Interview Questions