Academy Sports + Outdoors Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

1.7

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Galveston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked Questions about my role in other recent jobs, and how I could contribute to academy sports and outdoors. Reasons why I would like to work for academy. It was a very difficult process but it’s worth it in the long run

Interview Questions

• What can you offer to our company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Academy Sports + Outdoors

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (McKinney, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, heard back the next day asking to schedule an in-person interview. We scheduled an interview that was two days later. I walked in, and asked for the manager. We went back to the manager office, and she began asking about my availability. Then she started asking the questions from a packet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • How do you spend your down-time at work?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you had to break company policy in order to get something done.   Answer Question
    • How do you measure your job performance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Lake Jackson, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

1 interview with a super awesome manager. He was really laid back and welcoming. Made me feel comfortable and my nerves blew right out the window! Super easy interview!! I was asked maybe 5 questions and they were a breeze! Just be calm, relaxed, and you'll do fine!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Interview

They asked to come in. Was greeted by a manager and was taken to a room in the back of store.
    Asked very basic questions and was friendly.
    No extremely deep or hard questions

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors in March 2017.

Interview

After applying, I got a call asking me if I had the time to answer a few questions. It was a very informal phone interview just confirming my availability and other simple stuff, and they asked if I wanted to come in to interview at the store. Went to the store to interview, manager was pleasant to talk to and very nice. Asked me to tell a little about myself, and why I wanted to work at Academy. Then asked me a LOT of situational questions from a packet they have to use. They were basic questions like, "Tell me about a time where you had to work in a team environment." At the end she said she was really impressed with my answers and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Academy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Auburn, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks. I got a breif call asking about availability and experience, and set up an interview for two days later. Went in to first interview and was asked just a couple 'describe a time when...' questions. Set up a second interview with another manager and was asked a couple more 'describe a time when...' questions. Easy, enjoyable, not stressful, and everyone was super nice. I have terrible interview anxiety and this was the best i have ever done, the managers were super nice and so was the other staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle an angry customer. Wording was different but the same question.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were faced with a challenge at work and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Descibe a time you were met with a moral challenge at work. This question was worded weird but you get the idea.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you misunderstood directions and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Waco, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a bit lengthy with about 8-10 questions regarding what you would do in difficult situations. The questions came from a handbook in which they were required to ask ranging from what you would do in a dishonest setting to how you would handle a rude customer,

Interview Questions

• How would you be able to interact with other people with opposing viewpoints   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Mesquite, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. The interviewer had a packet of questions and they were all "explain a situation where..". At the beginning of the interview they ask you to tell them about yourself, and at the end, they ask if you have any questions. The interview was a one on one with the store manager and it wasn't stressful at all. She told me that she would call me back but haven't heard back since.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you handled an angry customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Valdosta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed. I got a call back about 2 weeks later for a phone interview. They invited me to interview in person. There were two separate interviews the same day. The questions were mainly behavioral and how you reacted in certain situations. Received an email the next day saying that they had chosen to move further with other candidates.

Application

Interview

Standard interview questions. One interview. Offered the job on the spot and I accepted the position. The interview was in the back of the store with one of the managers. I don't think the interview matters too much. There were also a few other people who got hired the same time as myself.