Academy Sports + Outdoors Cashier Team Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy Sports + Outdoors Cashier Team Lead Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Newnan, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online during the first week of September 2015. One week later on Sunday had a short phone interview. Went in next day for face to face interview. On Thursday received email telling me they moved onto other candidates. Then the following Monday they called again to come in for second interview. Which confused me being I got an email stating they moved on. So I went for interview on Wednesday and then told I would be called if I qualified to proceed for third and final interview with store manager. That same week on Friday I got called to come in for final interview on the following Tuesday. I went and interviewed with store manager. Each interview lasted about the same no more than thirty minutes each. The first two interviews I was interviewed by two people. After my final interview store manager told me he will give his feedback to other manager and make decision from there. Not even twenty minutes after I left I got a call for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Academy Sports + Outdoors

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Elizabethtown, KY) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked several questions from a sheet and then we chatted about random things. Told me I had a job but wasn't sure which position. Was told they would call in a week. Did not receive a call so I called them and then had to come in for another interview in which I was hired full time

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Wichita, KS).

Interview

I worked as a cashier part-time and was started at minimum wage. I felt it was difficult to move up in the company if you didn't make the right connections with coworkers and supervisors on a friendly basis. However, my supervisor was fair and understanding when I mentioned my health issues. Since then, supervisory positions and management have either moved to another store, moved to corporate, or been promoted within. The hiring process was initially short, but getting promoted seemed to take weeks! After that, I got a raise, but payroll had some kind of discrepancy and I did not receive my raise until weeks after it was promised. By this time, I was in a full-time cashier position with minor responsibilities on the front end. I got comfortable in this position while other coworkers seemed to be getting whatever they wanted as far as scheduling, department changes, and new responsibilities go. I became resentful and superficial because it seemed as though the more attractive employees moved up the ladder quickly, without complaint and without a visible, extensive interview and application process like I experienced. I know they were dedicated to their positions, and want to have a powerful position in the company, but with success came the whispers from the underlings that something was up. I'm not claiming perfection. I don't believe I deserve a raise at this point. It's just suspicious.

Interview Questions

• It has been so long since I actually sat down in an interview with my immediate supervisiors, I am lost as to how I could answer this question. None of the questions are difficult if they're answered honestly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting pay seemed non-negotiable, and a rotating, oblong, unfair schedule based on availability (not preference) became working whenever those who had other schedules could not. Was not ideal.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process, applied and interviewed a few days later in person. Typical questions for a retail position. Was told I got the position about 3 days later. No real problems with the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you deal with a unhappy customer. What was the issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Cashier Team Lead Interview

Interview

Simple interview...normal questions. Customer service centered questions because customer service is all the Academy is about. No procedural questions more on your work ethic and ability to be self motivated.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Very customer service questions and situational questions. They want to know how you react in situations and how well you work in a team. Also how you improved or helped out your team, because their looking for a TEAM LEAD. You have to have experience and show intiative! Also, their looking for internal candidates first and its a real disadvantage when you have no experience working for academy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me ways in how you helped out/improved store operations?
      Tel me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (San Antonio, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager/operations manager and then store director in two separate interviews in a conference room setting. The managers were interested in qualifications and experience related to the job as well as leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your experience matches the job description   1 Answer

Cashier Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors in March 2012.

Interview

I only had one interview but at times they will do seconds interviews and over the phone interviews it depends on the manger that is hiring. The interview itself might only take 30 minutes or less depending on the vibe the manger gets from the individual.

Interview Questions

• the questions were general questions on why i applied if i had a reliable form of transportation to get to work nothing out of the norm.   Answer Question