Academy Sports + Outdoors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.0

Footwear Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosenberg, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Rosenberg, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I was first called by the footwear manager and asked if I would like to come in for an interview. He then asked me how much I was looking for hourly. He then set up a date and time for my face-to-face interview . I showed up for my interview and was brought back to the managers office by the footwear manager and was interviewed by him and a team lead from the department.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Interview

Was very laid back, fairly easy conversation. Questions were easy and typical. Interview style changes depending on manager conducting the interview. However, since my interview, there have been many changes to the interviewing and hiring process

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Flower Mound, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Very quick, mellow, super nice, The questions weren't that hard. Just answer them honestly and you'll be fine. Smile a lot and you'll most def get the job

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done apparel before   1 Answer

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Lubbock, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy, had two managers come and talk to me and ask similar questions. The first one was cool and laid back probably the assistant manager while the second seemed a little timider and more business type of person. Answered several questions said I was likely to get the job, but waiting on the call.

Interview Questions

• How well do you adapt to change in a working environment?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to build a relationship in order to succeed in a problem   Answer Question

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hiram, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Hiram, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application and the interview was pretty straight forward. The manager was very truthful. He really enjoyed how truthful I was towards him. His questions were straight forward and understandable.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I had an angry customer and the phone ringing at the same time.   1 Answer

Sports Interview

Interview

Go in wait for a manager to take back to the training room. Ask you question about the position. Call you in couple days for another interview. And wait and wait.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Lake Jackson, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

1 interview with a super awesome manager. He was really laid back and welcoming. Made me feel comfortable and my nerves blew right out the window! Super easy interview!! I was asked maybe 5 questions and they were a breeze! Just be calm, relaxed, and you'll do fine!

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was done by two managers at the same time. The Assistant manager and the senior team lead. Interviewers did most of the talking and I was asked three questions. I also did a phone interview. Next interview is with store director.

Senior Team Leader Hardlines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Mobile, AL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had three interviews with various management, the final with the General manager. They were professional and were willing to accommodate my physical disability. They took the time to get to know me.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Wichita, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

i received a call about a week after i applied, went in for the interview, talked to the manager who was in-charge of the apparel department, answered some basic questions and was hired on the spot. Manger was a little goofy so it was not like most interviews