Academy Sports + Outdoors Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

1.8

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Interview

It was a 5-10 minute interview with reasonable questions. They made it comfortable and were easy to talk to. Wear business casual and you're pretty much set to get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Academy Sports + Outdoors

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Interview

Applied online and they called pretty quickly. Someone called and asked a couple of questions. After they ask the questions, if you meet the qualifications they set up a time for you to come to the store for an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in to meet with the manager. We met for about 30 minutes and she asked maybe 6 questions where I just elaborated more in detail. After maybe two weeks, I heard back from someone offering me the position

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Albeit it was a bit awkward at first. The interviewer wasn't prepared at all with her questions and with that it made me nervous, but I made it through and got the job the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Katy, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a call for an interview, went in the next day. Was only there for about 15 minutes. They asked general questions. Very easy. Got offered the job on the spot and started the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Interview

I applied online and went to the actual store to which I applied to, to talk to a managers about 3 days later. Got a phone call later that day to schedule an interview the next day. Interviewed the next day and then had to wait like 5 days to a week for my background check to come back.

Interview Questions

• What is the most you've done to get a positive customer experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Hickory, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

First you get a Phone interview, that pretty much just sets up the actual in person interview, by the end of that one you know if your hired and will set onboarding dates.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most important thing about retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

interview process was short and not intimidating the interviewer did not ask difficult question and the process went by very smoothly I was required to bring In certain documents and my roles and responsibilities were described to during the interview and I was asked if that was something I could do or willing to learn

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Interview

Did not immediately say if I can continue with hiring process. Very misleading. Needed to be more clear on what hours they want you to work. Instead of asking what hours I want to work, tell me what hours are you wanting me to work.

Interview Questions

• Can you work flexible hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

I was asked questions based on my skills and knowledge about working in a sales environment. I was given scenarios and answered accordingly. Overall the interview process went very smooth.

Interview Questions

• How would I go about helping a customer if I didn't fully know the answer to their question?   Answer Question